Chapter 7

Love You, Sorry

 

[Chapter 7]

 

Junsu and Li Yin were already out of the café. She glimpsed at the right side of her by any chance and found something attracted there. “Please wait for seconds. I’ll be right back.”

 

Being confused, Junsu merely let her go for a while. Li Yin entered a pharmacy. His mind circled suddenly, what was the girl doing there?

 

Not long after that, Li Yin was back with a small plastic bag and immediately, she handed it over Junsu, making him more confused. What was she really up to?

 

“Inside this bag, there are some medicines. They’re all good for cold fever. You should try them.” Li Yin explained as her hand took hold of the plastic bag and was static leaned forward for Junsu to take it.

 

Yet, Junsu was uncertain. He was perplexed by Li Yin’s transformation. She looked a lot like a nice girl on the contrary the way she was at the start he met her. From being an egotistical type of girl to  a sweet and caring girl, what was exactly her true color?

 

Li Yin smiled again, unexpectedly. “I know perhaps you’re wondering why I’m being like this, right? It such a difficult to express but, this is the way I am. It’s just you’re a stranger and I don’t even know you. So, I better make a gap within you and me. Unlikely, I can’t do that longer because you saved me and you might get that cold because of me. Then, I’ll buy these medicines for you. Really, I’ve no other intentions. You know…I don’t really talk to strangers and it’s very complicated for me to--” She declared right from the bottom of her heart.

 

“I got it.” Junsu cut her lines and added. “I understand.” He looked tenderly at Li Yin and smiled back to her. “But, you really need not to do this.”

 

“Please accept it. I’ve told you I owe you.”

 

“But...”

 

“Please...?”

 

Hesitated and reluctant, Junsu finally gave in. “Thanks though.”

 

“Your welcome.”

 

“Okay then, I’ve to go.”

 

Li Yin nodded. “Have a nice day!” In the meantime, she even grabbed a chance to say that.

 

Junsu began to step away and Li Yin was still watching at the back. In fact, she was greatly grateful to be saved by that guy. At last, she already had opportunity to express thanks to him.

 

Somehow, Junsu paused and he turned his head back, looking at Li Yin who then seemed to be wondered by his sudden and unexpected act. Next, he uttered. “Would you like to have a ride once again?”

 

With the unpredictable offer by Junsu, Li Yin’s eyebrows were somewhat lifted. She was speechless.

-

-

-

-

Staying silent being together in the same transportation, Junsu and Li Yin merely swayed their emotions and thoughts deep inside by themselves. Once in a while, their eyes met by chance and they ended up smiling lightly one another.

 

“I think I need one.” As for that, Li Yin faded out the voiceless state between both of them.

 

“You need what?” Junsu reacted.

 

“A tour guide.”

 

“Oh? That’s good.” Having nothing to respond then, Junsu simply passed the answer. Actually, the situation they had at that time was complicated. It was like that his tongue was tied, that he could not talk too much. Moreover, the real reason was Li Yin herself. Every single time confronting this girl, Junsu would find himself a bit flustered. Every moment he got to look at that girl, his heart was stirred up. Those all were undeniable. As a result, sometimes he had to pretend to be calm and serene, just like he did at the beginning he met up with Li Yin.

 

“So…what if you be my tour guide?”  Without warning, Li Yin put her idea forward.

 

Astonished, pushing Junsu to turn his head towards Li Yin. What did she just say? A tour guide? Me? Junsu was blank.

 

Li Yin kept on saying. “Since you seem to be used to this place, there will be no problems if you be my tour guide and that definitely makes my trip easier. Don’t you think so?”

 

Being wordless, Junsu really had no say to further. He was afraid he could not fulfill Li Yin’s request. Beforehand, he had decided to stay away from this girl whoever she was. So, he would not take that risk.

 

Li Yin glanced at Junsu. She could see his bit thorny reaction. “But, if you’re loath, then I’m not going to push you. It’s just a random question.”

 

Junsu was silent.

 

Li Yin scratched her non-itchy head with an ‘I should not have asked that request’ attitude. “Please don’t take it too serious. About that dumb tour guide question, just consider I was joking. Would you?”

 

Junsu eyed Li Yin who yearned for his relaxed response. Then he smiled at her.

 

 What a relief! Li Yin whispered. “By the way, which part of Cheju do you live?”

 

Amazed by an impulsive question from Li Yin, Junsu almost forgot to answer. He did not expect that girl would ask him at that time.

 

“I was born and grew up here. But now, I stay abroad.”

 

“Oh...okay.” Li Yin responded as she nodded her head.

 

“Have you ever been to America?” Junsu carried on opening his mouth.

 

“No. Why? Do you stay there?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So…what does it like living in foreign country?” Li Yin required for a view.

 

“Cool. More calm and a better life. Actually, I’ve been here for a job project.”

 

“You mean…photography job?” Randomly, Li Yin uttered a question.

 

Junsu shook his head. “I’m a photographer.”

 

“No wonders you always hang your camera on your neck.” Li Yin reacted.

 

Simultaneously, both they chuckled together. Out of sight, Junsu secretly threw a brief look at Li Yin next to him. Slowly, feeling relaxed with her. Perhaps, he could get over his complicated emotion being with Li Yin in a new cheery and strain-less situation rather than situation they had at the start. Li Yin was not that bigheaded girl anymore. She was now more to be easy-going.

 

“I don’t come from here actually. I mean…I do belong to this country. I’m Korean. But, I haven’t been here for such a long time. At first, I just wanted to have a vacation in Seoul. Don’t know why, I’m here in Cheju instead. In fact, I’ve migrated to China five years ago.”

 

All of a sudden, Junsu braked the car. He looked a lot like in a great shock.  As well as Li Yin, she was astonished for some while.

 

“What was that?” Li Yin wondered why did Junsu act that way, so sudden braking his car as he tried to avoid from running over someone in front of the car. Yet, actually there were no people outside. “Are you okay? What was with you?”

 

Gradually and hesitantly, Junsu merely shook his head. “Sorry, I've just made you bothered.”

 

“Oh? It’s okay. As long as we two are fine, I’m not that bothered. No worries.” Li Yin was in an attempt to ease herself away from astonishment.

 

This time, Junsu stole a stare at Li Yin out of her sight, secretly.

 

‘You’re Korean. Yet, you’ve been away in China for five years. Isn’t it only a coincidence? You’ve Ri In’s face. You’ve her smile and even her voice. You undeniably resemble her. What such a coincidence is that? Perhaps, you’re really Jang Ri In. Oh no! Enough, Junsu! Don’t think about this too much. You’ve out of your limit. Remember, whoever this girl is, you’re still a stranger in her eyes. There’s no use to ponder on this thing longer. Wake up, Junsu!’

 

Arriving at the front are of a resort, Junsu and Li Yin then stood facing to each other. It was already night.

 

“Thanks for the ride.” Li Yin expressed gratitude.

 

“Your welcome.” With smiling, Junsu answered back.

 

Li Yin beamed at Junsu, briefly. “Okay, I’ve to go now.”

 

“But, before that…” As there was a little thing Junsu would like to put forward.

 

“Yes..?” Li Yin was kind opened to take note on Junsu’s constant speech.

 

Junsu was quiet at first, looked like he was not pretty sure what he was going to present. Then finally, he responded to Li Yin. “About the tour guide you’ve just said, I’m afraid I can’t be one.”

 

“Oh? No need to take it seriously, I’ve said it.” Faster, Li Yin cut off Junsu’s words without any concern that he would have not completed his speech yet.

 

“Yeah. You’ve said it just now. Yet, I can help you having trip around this Cheju.” Then this was the real fact thing Junsu fancied to propose at the beginning.

 

“You…what? You’re not going to be my tour guide but, you’ll help me?”

 

Junsu gave a nod and he looked certain when he did that.

 

“Wow..that’s a good idea. Anyway, what’s the real difference within being a tour guide and a helper? I can’t really get you.” Li Yin doubted. If this guy refused to be her tour guide, why did he recommend helping her? Had it no difference actually?

 

Junsu put a smile on his face, making him to have this soothing aura. “Tour guide, they’re always around for guiding you. Unlike me soon to be helper if you do agree with that, I’ll just help you getting to some places. Yet, I can’t guarantee that I’ll always be there to guide you. I think you’ve enough seen the difference.”

 

Li Yin came up to understand the difference in Junsu’s view. “Alright. I agree. You’re going to be my helper then. How’s that?”

 

“No suspicion?” Junsu assured Li Yin.

 

Li Yin shook her head. A joyful impression appeared on her face. She was grateful and glad that Junsu willingly to give a guide help on her trip.

 

“Okay. Deal.” Reacting to Li Yin, Junsu assumed in the meantime. He had no idea actually somehow he agreed to help the girl even he already made up his mind to excuse himself away from this girl. Yet, it seemed that he could not turn down Li Yin’s request to have some guide from him. That, Junsu chose to help her although there might be burdens and troubles would come to stir up his heart’s emotion later on. Still, Junsu did not care all that. The important point was he would like to help this girl. Hopefully, that was the real reason.

 

“Then, I’ll be going to meet you tomorrow. You’ll pick me up here at around 9 am for the first trip, right?” Li Yin spoke out.

 

“No problem.” Junsu admitted.

 

Li Yin was pleased. “Okay then, I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.”

 

“Good night.”

 

Stepping away from Junsu, Li Yin still had this cheerful face, could not help feeling content with the agreement she just had with Junsu. As for Junsu, he merely watched that girl. His mind started to fly away for some while. Good night…he still kept every moment he got that salutation dialogue from Ri In whenever they ended their dating times at night. Over again?! Junsu could not deny this. Every single time meeting Li Yin, he would recall the old memories with Ri In. Finally, Junsu heaved a sigh, wondering why the heck he could not control himself from keeping on recalling the past. In the end, he made slow steps out of the place.

-

-

-

-

Li Yin slumped on the bed as she just entered the room. She was a bit tired. Still, could not win over her gladness towards Junsu.

‘I’m relieved now. That guy…he was such a weird stranger. Yet, he's not that bad, seems like a good guy. Anyway, the more important is it would be easier for me to have trip from now on. What a lucky of me.’

-

-

-

-

On the other hand, Junsu leaned against a sofa. He had just got home. Switching on the radio, he yearned for calmness.

[Hey hey! Again with me, your beloved deejay! How are you doing listeners? Are you in difficulties at this moment? Bored? Sad? Happy? Whatever mood you’ve right now, let’s check out our topic for tonight. It goes like this…when did you meet your first love? Sounds hugely interesting, right? Now give us a call and reveal your story.]

 

Junsu stared at straight to the front of him, seemed like he saw something in his mind’s eyes. His ears could still hear the topic, when did you meet your first love?

 

‘Ri In-ah…..’

 

That was the only name he whispered deep inside his heart.

 

In the meantime at the different place, Li Yin played the same channel on radio. She seemed rather excited with the topic. Out of blue, Hankyung’s face happened to appear in her eyes. His smile, his voice and his gentleness extensively captured her mind.

 

‘Hankyung uppa…you’re always my first and lasting love. Saranghae.’

-

-

-

-

 

(...Junsu’s Flashback...)

 

 

“Hurry! Pass the ball!” Changmin directed towards Junsu as he just got at the front. It was high school moment where the two had ended their soccer game at school’s field in the past few minutes. Right away after that, they were on their way back to class. As for Changmin, it seemed he could not get enough to play the ball over again.

 

“You better catch it well.” Junsu warned then he threw the ball from his grasp, heading to Changmin who lastly caught the ball well enough.

 

“Your turn!” In another round, Changmin made an act, letting the ball flying back towards Junsu.

 

Deliberately, Junsu avoided the ball and as a substitute, the ball was tumbled backwards and led Changmin knitting his brow, glowering at Junsu. In contrast, Junsu grinned shortly.

 

Aaahh!” Out of blue, someone screamed with pain.

 

At once, Junsu and Changmin furthered their sights. There, they saw a female student rubbing her left eye repeatedly, with the ball was spotted nearer her, it seemed as if she got hit by the ball.

 

O’owh.” With a low voice, Changmin uttered.

 

Junsu looked at him briefly and in time, they even grabbed opportunity to chuckle together quietly, were moved feeling hilarious, ahead of hurriedly coming closer to the girl, trying to check her situation.

 

“Are you alright?” Changmin questioned with concern.

 

“My eye…” The girl stated as she attempted to open up the hurt side of her eye.

 

“We’ll get you to the rest room.” Junsu recommended immediately.

 

“No, thanks. I’m alright now.” Just then, she could eye the boy students beside her. Yet, it reckoned she still had a bit complication with her eye.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to go? We can accompany you.” Remained bothering about the girl’s eye, Changmin put forward his concern again.

 

“True.” Junsu supported Changmin.

 

“No, it’s only a little pain. I’ll be alright. Thanks.” The girl was wiping her eye at the time she was walking off short after expressing her say, leading the duo were still at their spot to watch her at the back.

 

“You’re , Kim Junsu! If it was not you, that girl would not get hurt.” Changmin briefly glared at his friend’s face.

 

“Hey! I didn’t mean it. Okay? If I had known there was her behind in the first place, I wouldn’t have done that.” Junsu protested.

 

“Whatever, bad boy.” Changmin criticized.

 

Junsu grimaced with displeasure. Next, he picked up the ball.

 

“I wonder if she’s really alright.” Changmin’s mind was rather bothered. But, then he put it to Junsu. “Come, we’ve class.”

 

In a little while, Junsu somewhat brooded over the girl. It was sure his fault. Afterward, he walked away after Changmin.

 

-------------

 

Next day….Junsu had just got at the school when his eyes caught on Changmin in the front. As usual, Changmin always left him behind while he always got late for school. Changmin had always been among the best students in school. Instead, he could not beat Changmin at studies and sometimes in another round, Changmin had to teach him. Yet, those all did not ever lead a gap within two of them.

 

Without more ado, Junsu run forward and shouldered Changmin from the back. “Got you!” Laughing, Junsu threw a joyful mimic on his face towards Changmin.

 

Showing a brief grin at Junsu, Changmin always got used to Junsu’s typical act. For instance, as what Junsu did to him just now. “You’re late again. I always win over you.” He gave out a response.

 

“Not that always actually.” Junsu objected as he let his hold off Changmin.

 

“Hey..look.” Directly, Changmin voiced out as his sight pointed to a girl who was on her way about to enter the school’s building.

 

“That girl..? Isn’t she..?” Responding to Changmin, Junsu glanced at him ahead of noticing the girl even more.

 

“Come on, let’s get her.” Changmin suggested, as well he stepped forward quickly to the girl’s spot, while Junsu followed him.

 

Therefore, they both stopped right ahead of the girl and they started to grin smoothly, pushing the girl to be doubted in hesitance.

 

“Hi!” Junsu along with Changmin greeted her in chorus spiritedly.

 

“Do you still remember us?” Changmin asked for the girl’s awareness.

 

“You got hurt by our ball yesterday. Didn’t you remember?” It was Junsu’s turn to add with detail of confession.

 

Speedily, Changmin elbowed him. “Yaah..” Looked as if he was annoyed by Junsu’s confession seconds ago.

 

“What did I do?” Junsu murmured. He frowned.

 

Changmin grinned at the girl. “Actually, we had no intention to hurt you. It was just the ball losing its way by chance. We’re really sorry about that. How are you doing now?”

 

It seemed the girl had comprehended the attention of the two already. Then she presented a frank smile, being humble even she only just met up with these guys. She answered. “It’s okay, not a big deal though. I’m doing fine already. Thanks for the concern.”

 

“That’s good. We feel better then.” Changmin reacted while his eyes took a glimpse at Junsu beside him, expecting that buddy would say something either.

 

Junsu merely nodded with a smile on his face. Then after that, he leaned forward his right hand. “Kim Junsu is my name.”

 

“Oh? I’m Shim Changmin.” Unpredictably, Changmin had a simultaneous action as Junsu, passing their two hands forward, causing the two looking at each other in confused.

 

Knowing she faced a bit knotty state, the girl made up her mind and shook theirs with her both right and left hands. “I’m Jang Ri In.” At the moment, she beamed tentatively at Junsu and Changmin who seemed to be astounded by her act. At last, they all ended up laughing delightedly. That was the second time confronting with a girl named Jang Ri In and what was true, that was the beginning of their stories.

 

------------------ 

 

While Junsu had a walk along the corridor at school, his relaxed sight captured on Ri In picking her books upon the floor. He sprinted slightly towards her. “Let me help you.” Then, he went down his knees as well to take some books left and handed them over Ri In.

 

Ri In took hold the books inside her grip. Later, they both lifted up and faced one another. “Thanks, Junsu-ah.”

 

Being a bit bashful, Junsu simply gave a shy smile.

 

“I’ve to go. I’ve class right now. See you later.” As for that, Ri In hurried away. Yet, she paused awhile to wave her hand directing to Junsu and quickly left her position.

 

Junsu smiled by himself. He seemed to be excited for meeting eye an eye with Ri In. Not on purpose, he scratched his head, a bit blushing someway.

 

------------------

 

“Come on, Junsu! Faster! What a slow move you have? Don’t act like a turtle!” Changmin expressed intensively his discontent towards Junsu. He had already creased his face. Why was he so sluggish this time?!

 

Yaahh! Watch your mouth!” Junsu was a bit heated up.

 

From nowhere, Junsu paused and then he got back to the spot he just passed in the few seconds earlier. Through some space at the glass window, Junsu peeked at a female student inside the class. It was Ri In, acting normally at her place while the others occupied the moment with their stuff. Always put a length-horizontal white ribbon in her hair as well sometimes made a braid at the back of her head, Ri In’s appearance fairly impressed Junsu. Staring thoroughly at Ri In, his feeling developed abruptly by some means. He even could feel his heart beat moved faster when he caught his attention on Ri In. Moreover, he never felt such thing while seeing other girls.

 

“You like her?” To Junsu’s surprise, Changmin had already stood next to him.

 

“H—How come you’re here?” Junsu was staggered.

 

Changmin made a sly look. “You like her. Don’t you?” He kept asking that question.

 

“I’ve no idea what are you talking about.” Junsu pretended being innocent.

 

“You’re such a pretender.” Changmin responded.

 

“I’ve told you to watch your mouth. Haven’t I?!” Junsu had already warned a glare at Changmin.

 

On the contrary, Changmin did not look right through Junsu but instead, he cried out aloud that people could have heard him. “Hey Jang Ri In!”

 

Suddenly, Ri In stunned.

 

Junsu was startled. That, without delay, he covered up Changmin’s mouth as well kept his and Changmin’s head down the window, bending over their knees. In the meantime, Ri In appeared to peep outside the window of the class. However, there was no one.

 

Yaah Ri In…don’t you think someone calling for you just now?” A friend at the same class asked for her consideration.

 

Ri In merely turned her head to the left and right, shaking. In fact, she did. It was just she did not want to broaden the matter. The others and she herself could have mistaken. Back focusing on her stuff, Ri In did not take it into account.

 

On the other side, Junsu slapped Changmin on his head. “Are you insane?!”

 

Changmin rubbed his head repetitively and on top, he grunted.

 

“Do you want to get killed?! If you do that thing over again, I’ll surely finish you off.” Junsu was put out. Changmin’s action calling for Ri In’s name minutes ago was not a good idea, it could be a big trouble instead.

 

“If you dare enough. Who cares anyway?” Changmin argued against his buddy. “Likewise, you do like her, am I wrong?” Without warning, it was Changmin’s turn smacking Junsu’s head.

 

Yaahh!” Junsu resisted irritably. Yet, he could still manage to lower his voice to not be noticed.

 

“That was a punishment. I let you know there’s no way for you trying to deceive me. I can tell you like her.”

 

Junsu stumped. Did he like Ri In? Well, he did admit that this while he had developed a soft spot of that girl. So, was it assumed he certainly had heart and interest in Ri In?

 

“Let’s put it behind first. We’ll talk about this later. We get to hurry. Come on!” Immediately, Changmin pulled Junsu’s arm, setting off away from the position. They had class to attend at that moment.

 

------------------ 

 

Being on the stair and arranging some books on the high rag at the school’s library, Junsu got it as a detention for daydreaming in the class while the teacher lectured in the front. As a matter of fact, all these current days he had been constantly fantasizing about Ri In. Plus, he would like to look at Ri In as much as he wanted to. That girl made him feeling secure. Her act and her smile definitely led him to gaze even more. Was this like in a state so into someone?

 

Changmin too often asked him about the feeling he had for Ri In. But, he merely shut his mouth up. That, he always got bored and annoyed every time Changmin pushed him with the same question and mainly he would give a smirk at Junsu every single moment he stuck to respond.

 

In a little while, Junsu smiled alone by himself when he came to ponder on that thing, about Jang Ri In and about Changmin’s act. Till now, he had not told the real matter to Changmin yet.

 

“Hey Junsu!”

 

Junsu was astonished. His eyes widened as he found Ri In was down there calling out his name. He saw that girl waving gladly at him. Out of his concern, he waved back at Ri In. All of a sudden, somehow the stair he stood in was quiet quaked. Junsu was panic. Ri In’s eyes became bigger then, a bit nervous while capturing Junsu got flustered on balancing the stair along with his body. Unluckily, Junsu fell down. What was more, he accidentally landed top on Ri In.

 

Their eyes turned up to be wider, were in a great surprise, staring at each other in wordless. Junsu gulped saliva down his throat. As for Ri In, she happened to be aware of somewhat beating bottomless inside her while she was coming across into Junsu’s eyes. After a short while, Junsu pulled his body away from Ri In. Then he parked himself closer to the rag. Ri In promptly got up and she sat opposite to Junsu. The two’s faces went red, they were blushing enough to pay for talking.

 

“Sorry. I had no bad intention about what has happened just now.” Without giving a look at the girl, Junsu claimed later on.

 

Ri In had no courage to eye Junsu either. “It’s okay. I know you didn’t mean it.”

 

For some while, Junsu and Ri In hardly continued on chatting. Only just being silent yet, they avoided going away.

 

In the end, Junsu gradually threw a view at Ri In. Despite being hesitated of acting that way, somehow he could not win over his strong emotion which told him to give Ri In a brief spot. Simultaneously, Ri In peeped at Junsu. Then they got each other’s sight at the same time. Building a soft tender smile on her face, Ri In looked cool and tolerant. That led Junsu to do the same thing, smiling gently at Ri In another way round. In fact, they simply reacted that way as for wrapping up of feeling embarrassed about what just had occurred within them.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

As Ri In headed to her place at the class, she found a card on her desk. Uncertainly, she read the content of the card all about.

' I like Jang Ri In. Would she feel the same? '

 

Chuckling quietly, Ri In seemed to be astounded as well very pleased when she had finished reading the card. She pondered whose card was this. Had no idea, she could not tell how much she thought about Junsu all these days. Could it be him? Was the card sent by him? Still, she somewhat faltered.

 

----------------- 

 

Another day, Ri In bumped into Junsu who was riding his bike along her way back home.  Junsu and Ri In gave greetings to one another with bashful mimic on their faces.

 

“Are you going home?” Junsu doubted.

 

Ri In shook her head without opening to answer.

 

Hmmm…Ri In-ah..” Looking unsure, Junsu did not know how to speak out the desire inside him towards the girl.

 

“Oh? That’s the bus. I’ve to go now. Let’s have a talk later. Bye!” As a substitute, in a hurry, Ri In left Junsu running for a bus which then paused at the front of the bus-stop.

 

Junsu was cautious while only just monitoring Ri In’s back. He did long for telling that something to Ri In. “Yaahh Jang Ri In! I was the one who sent you the card!” Surprisingly, Junsu declared. In some way, he had the spirit to pour his heart out.

 

Ri In ended her steps suddenly. Yet, she was not moved to turn at Junsu for a little while. But then, she turned back and stared at Junsu step by step.

 

“I---I think--- I’ve fallen for you.” Junsu rather stuck with his first and blunt heart confession. Still, he could make it at last and he seemed to be afraid of longing for Ri In’s response as the girl merely took a stare at him with silence.

 

‘Hasn’t she felt the same as me? Doesn’t she like me at all?’

 

Ultimately, Ri In painted a sincere and delightful smile towards Junsu, leading him to comprehend the meaning of her response. Therefore, Junsu was greatly cheerful. He did think there was no one could figure how happy he was at the moment he got idea that Ri In surely felt the same as him. The smile Ri In threw at him had figured out the exact feeling she endured for him. In fact, he was not the only one who hid his fondness of someone beforehand.

 

‘I like you too, Junsu.’

 

----------