Chapter 9

Love You, Sorry

 

[ Chapter 9 ]

 

Li Yin just walked out of the public toilet when she then came opposite to Junsu. She had already removed the dirty mark in the past few minutes. “How’s my blouse? You still can see the dirt?” Uncertainly, she asked.

 

“Don’t worry. People won’t recognize it all in all.” Somewhat, Junsu soothed Li Yin to be just relaxed.

 

“Are you really sure about that?”

 

Junsu purely presented a nod.

 

“Okay. Then let’s get going.”

 

Having leisure walk at the open park, they both could watch many people were around, gathering with families and friends. Even couples were spotted spending their times together, devoting one another. What such a lovely day! Out of blue, Junsu caught a figure of a little boy playing around with his ball gleefully who later felt on the grass at the park by accident.

 

Omo!” Li Yin rendered a bit speechless when she then noticed the same event.

 

Swiftly, Junsu sprinted on the way to the little boy and lowered himself on knees while helping out the boy to get up. Ironically, the little boy was not crying. Instead, he rubbed his arms repetitively, trying to get rid of dirt he got from the grass.

 

“Let unni help you.”  Unpredictably, Li Yin was already right next to Junsu, kneeling down her body, taking out a tissue from her sling bag and then lending a hand to wipe the dirt away of the little’s boy arms.

 

Junsu built an outspoken smile within his lips, getting this nice sense by way of Li Yin’s aid towards the little boy. He just watched how Li Yin treated well the boy.

 

“Hey cute boy…how old are you?” Li Yin gifted an amiable look.

 

The little boy lifted up his five fingers and considered it as an answer.

 

“Oh? Five years old..? What a big boy already.” Next, Li Yin pinched the boy’s cheeks tenderly. She smiled with pleasure.

 

“You’re coming here with whom?” Short after that, Junsu questioned.

 

“My mother.” It was a cute soft voice that the little boy uttered.

 

“Where’s she?”

 

“Over there!” The little boy pointed his finger to another corner, directing to a woman reading her book with extra focus.

 

Li Yin responded later. “Okay. Are you going to get to your mother now?”

 

“Yes.” He said surely.

 

“Then get your ball.” Junsu handed over the little’s boy ball near him.

 

“Thank you.” Beaming at Junsu, the little boy seemed to be very glad.

 

Afterwards, Li Yin took out something from her bag for the second time. “Before that, I’ve candies. These taste really yummy. Want some?”

 

Ouff! I like candies very much!” Clapping his both hands, the little boy looked extremely excited.

 

“Here.” Li Yin passed the candies and without delay, the boy gripped them with joy.

 

At the same time, Junsu caressed the boy’s hair briefly, being merry with the little.

 

“Thanks unni. Thanks uppa. Bye bye!” After that, he ran away cheerfully along with the ball and candies in his grip.

 

“Lovely boy.” Li Yin muttered in good spirits while still having her eyes on the little boy. “I love children.” To some extent, she stated.

 

“Me too.” In return, Junsu had similar mind as Li Yin.

 

Subsequently, they both merely put a short beam on their faces devoid of looking at each other. Junsu was plainly quiet afterwards. Yet, he gave an impression of being amused by having a while with the little boy. Li Yin either.

 

 

 

 

 

On the wood bunch, Junsu and Li Yin took a sit with a little horizontal gap between two of them. Peace and quiet for a short time.

 

After that, Li Yin opened , uttering a doubt. “Since you’re belonged here, definitely you’ve many old friends, am I right?”

 

“Of course. But, some of them have moved to Seoul after some certain careers. I did meet some when I’ve just got back here.” Naturally, Junsu replied.

 

“You mean...those who stay living here?”

 

“Oh.” Unprompted, Junsu agreed. “In fact, most of my old friends in school have been left for their new lives and careers. For sure, most of them now lived in Seoul and they’re few go abroad, just like me.”

 

“Okay. While I’ve no idea to put forward, why don’t you talk about some of them? Hmmm...what about an old friend you haven’t met up with for such a long time? You have one?” Somewhat, Li Yin simply grabbed that topic to be conversed. Did not know why yet, Li Yin questioned the topic randomly, had no specific intention at all.

 

“I don’t have one.” Instantly, Junsu threw a cautious answer. Didn’t he?

 

Li Yin’s forehead wrinkled. “You’re lying. Aren’t you?”

 

“What made you say that?” Junsu headed a perplexed query.

 

“I know you’re trying to avoid this topic.” Strictly, Li Yin kept on her opinion.

 

“Oh? Do you really think like that? Please come into your sense. Do I look like haven’t met with an old friend in these long run? Do I look like having one?”

 

“It’s not impossible. I believe everyone has this experience, having one or two or maybe more whom they still haven’t opportunity to meet with one another after a long time. You don’t think the same way?”  Li Yin resisted, explaining a bit reason why she picked the random topic on show.

 

Heaving a light sigh, above and beyond, Junsu could not ignore Li Yin’s words. It seemed that this girl have the right opinion on that matter. He did think so where people have their own experience about this. The real problem Junsu did not agree with Li Yin here was because he had no feeling to share the thing with anyone. In fact, the old friend he had not been meeting up with, he did have some.

 

“Let’s just have a random talk. I won’t spread it out to everyone. Trust me.” Assuring Junsu, Li Yin would keep her word.

 

Junsu was static looking uncertain. Should he? Or should he not? That might have circled around his mind at the moment.

 

“You do have some or you do have one, right?” Li Yin uttered the same issue.

 

Being mute for a moment, Junsu came up with a nod lastly. He might have made up his mind that he then was willing to fulfil Li Yin’s puzzle.

 

“Nice. Let’s talk about him.” Li Yin was outspoken.

 

"It's...her." Junsu put it right.

 

"Oh?" That was because Li Yin had no picture earlier that he was going to talk about some female old friend. Her bad.

 

Junsu continued. “She’s my special friend ever.” Meanwhile, he displayed a tentative face. Who was actually he going to talk about?

 

“Why haven’t you met her yet for such a long run?”

 

“She had somewhere to go.” Short yet, Junsu took enough spirit to reveal in reality. “It was still high school time when she had to leave here. Since then, I’ve never have chance to meet up with her.”

 

“Oh...that’s sad. Do you miss her?”

 

Over again, Junsu was totally muted. Did he miss Jang Ri In? He used to but, right now...? It seemed to be difficult to say yes and it seemed to be not honest to say no instead.

 

“What’s her name anyway?” Li Yin cut Junsu’s thought when she had another question to be answered.

 

“Her name?” Junsu was rather hesitant to unfold the name which used to be the special name in his entire life some time ago.

 

“Yeah. She should have a name, right?” Wondering about Junsu’s unpredictable reply, Li Yin built a doubtful look. Yet again, she repeated. “What’s her name?”

 

Junsu stuck moment before. “Her—her name...Jang Ri In.” At last, that name was spilled out to an unknown well person for the first time.

 

All these several years, he folded tidily that name inside his secret of heart. But, he just disclosed the name of Jang Ri In to Li Yin, the person he still kept mysterious pieces of puzzles about her real identity.

 

“Oh? Jang Ri In?” Li Yin was in a big surprise. “Whoaaa...what a great coincidence. We’ve the same name.”

 

As for the sudden unavoidable admission from Li Yin, Junsu was stunned. He squeezed his brows, doubting what had Li Yin just told him. They had the same name?

 

“Jang Ri In, that’s my birth Korean name. Since I’ve been lived in China for several years, I’m using Chinese name by now. Zhang Li Yin, it’s my Chinese name. Plus, no wonder I talk Korean and Chinese as well.”

 

Aah...” Junsu slowly caught the picture, was still shocked by the very great coincidence Li Yin shared with Jang Ri In. Why Li Yin had to have some coincidences with Jang Ri In? That made him being completely perplexed all the time being.

 

“This is my first time to experience having the same name with another. Yet, I know this frequently happens in Korea. So, no much wonders.” Li Yin beamed gleefully at Junsu. For sure and for the first time, she had already disclosed her real name after some meetings with Junsu beforehand.

 

Still being in confusion, Junsu pretended to beam back at Li Yin as he was pushed to do that.

 

“Well, have any idea where is she now?” Li Yin furthered her endless query.

 

“No. She’s been leaving since few years ago. I’ve really no idea where is she now.”

 

“Haven’t you tried to find her?” Another unexpected question, Li Yin put forward at random.

 

Junsu was wordless.

 

Looking at silent Junsu, Li Yin happened to feel uneasy. “Sorry, I reckon I shouldn’t have asked that. Anyhow, do you expect to meet her some day?”

 

“I don’t know. I even have no idea what to do if I’ve chance to meet her some day. She could’ve changed a lot right now and there’s a possibility she might not remember me.” Without prior notice, Junsu sounded as he poured out his burden inside.

 

Li Yin muted. Overall, she doubted and she could sense there was something folded about this guy. Yet, she did not take it as a serious issue. She made a joke then. “Perhaps I’m the old friend you just mentioned. Plus, I’ve the same name as her.”

 

Giving a hesitant look at Li Yin, Junsu definitely had no guarantee about that.

 

Seconds later, Li Yin laughed. “Joking. Sorry.”

 

Junsu was moved to do the same, laughing shortly.

 

“Why did you’ve to give me that look as if I was saying the truth? She can’t be me. Even we share the same name yet we’re different person.”

 

“Do not forget, you two might’ve shared the same face either.” Surprisingly, Junsu uttered a bizarre statement.

 

All of a sudden, Li Yin was bumped into a huge silence. She blinked.

 

“I was joking.” Junsu admitted as he realized Li Yin’s irregular response.

 

Making a frown upon her face, Li Yin hit Junsu’s arm slightly. “Don’t you dare to make that terrible joke again!” While warning at Junsu, she did not even be aware of her abrupt act towards the guy.

 

Junsu was voiceless as he rubbed his arm, being a bit startling with Li Yin’s feedback about his joke.

 

Opps! Sorry, I hit you just now. It might’ve come beyond my unaware emotion. Yet, I’m strictly warning you not that joke over again. Understand me? By the way, sorry again.” Li Yin grinned.

 

Junsu put a tender smile on his face. “It’s okay.”

 

“It’s really nice you said that.” Li Yin acted in response. “Hmmm...may I ask you something more? But, you’re not going to get mad, right?”

 

“What’s that?” Asking back to Li Yin, Junsu was curious.

 

Hmmm...talking about your special friend, I mean Jang Ri In. Was she your former girlfriend?”

 

Yet again, he could not avoid being muted for a while. Soon after that, Junsu answered. “Since I’ve more individual things to do later, let’s just walk away.” Unfortunately, it was not the real answer Li Yin would like to know. Junsu got up and began his steps leaving the bunch.

 

As for Li Yin, she wondered. “Oh? Why didn’t he answer? Shouldn’t I ask him that also? Hoh! Weirdo.” Without waiting for much time, Li Yin quickly left the spot and went after Junsu in the front.

 

 

 

 

 

It had been 5 p.m. Li Yin already got at the resort safely. “Okay then. As you’re busy for your things today and we’ve to stop the trip right now, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

“Yeah. I’ll see you.” Junsu responded to Li Yin.

 

“Good bye.” Next, Li Yin went out of the car while she was being watched by Junsu from inside. But then, few seconds afterwards, Li Yin turned around.

 

“Wait! Hmmm...could you please get out of this car for minutes?”

 

Junsu was unsure what Li Yin was going to do at the moment although he had stood facing to her by now, he still could not get hint at all. After that, Li Yin cleared before she could say something.

 

“Hi. You look a nice guy and I really want to know this guy’s name. First, let me introduce myself to you. I’m Zhang Li Yin.” Then, she leaned her right hand forward for the very first time after a while she got to know Junsu. More, was this a sign that she could count on Junsu? So that she presented herself to him gladly.

 

Even smiling warmly at Li Yin, Junsu seemed to have a bit difficult to do the same thing as Li Yin. It took a half second for him to cling his hand to Li Yin’s at last and then, he had a frank look at the girl.

 

“I’m Junsu. Kim Junsu.” And with that, for the first moment also, Junsu revealed his real name towards Li Yin.

 

Both exchanged a beam ahead of breaking the grip of their hands.

 

“Now we’ve known each other already. You may get back into your car. Thanks for today. I’m really appreciated it.”

 

Junsu put his head up and down one time, nodding. “Your welcome. Good bye.” Later, he was on his way back inside his car when he heard Li Yin called his name.

 

“Kim Junsu-ssi!”

 

His heartbeat went faster. Junsu was frozen in a very while. He could feel it was like Jang Ri In’s voice calling for his name. He was scared to turn back. What if he had an image of Ri In every time she called his name over again? The image he had vanished from his mind few years ago. He never hoped to have that image by now. Yet, he should not do that to Li Yin. She was not Jang Ri In. She should not watch him being like this. Thus, he clutched his five fingers stronger, showing how much courage he had to grab by way of facing Li Yin at the back. He pretended being cool.

 

Li Yin cracked up a clear sincere smile upon her face. “About that your special friend...whoever she is, I hope fate would let you meet her one day. This is my first wish for you for being a nice guy to me. See you tomorrow!” By saying that, she stepped away.

 

Soon after that, Junsu split the clutch of his fingers. Somehow, his fear while turning his eyes on Li Yin just now gradually died out a bit. He had no hint what Li Yin had done with her words that made him feeling lively.

 

‘Zhang Li Yin...Fate, whatever happens, please don’t make her wish for me to come true. Enough is enough. Everyone has no idea how much efforts I put in line to forget everything about her. Please...I don’t want to meet Jang Ri In again as well as in the future, or else, I’ll be in a great trouble. Please fate...let me alive again.’

 

----------