Chapter 1

Love You, Sorry

[Chapter 1]

 

Junsu just stepped inside the bungalow when he found his mother was sitting on sofa in the living room, eagerly enjoying a drama on tv.

 

“I’m home.”

 

Owwh..my son is back. Have you eaten yet?”

 

“Already, mom. Don’t worry. I’m full.”  He then took a sit on another sofa, nearer to the mother’s position.

 

“I was asking whether have you eaten yet because I care, son. Lately, you haven’t been eating as much as usual. Why? Do you have any problem at work?”

 

“No..I’m fine. I was not that hungry. Maybe that was the reason.”

 

“Yeah yeah..I just want you to know that eating irregularly habit is not a healthy way for a young man like you.”

 

“I do eat, mom. It’s not that I didn’t eat once in a day. I’ll eat whenever I’m hungry.”

 

“Okay then. How many times do you eat in a day? Three times? I don’t think so as I’m certain you only get your meals once in a day and that would be probably your lunch. How about dinner and breakfast? Know what? I always fulfill my responsibility as a mother, preparing breakfast for her son. Instead, you’re always in a hurry for work and too often leave your breakfast. Dinner? You’ve been trying so hard to avoid it, son. That’s what I name the irregular eating habit. That’s not the right schedule you must have. Plus, if there’s no me to remind you, who else will? You tell me.”

 

“Yeah yeah..you win, Cha Mi Ran-ssi.” Junsu sighed.

 

The mother smirked. “Good boy. Another advice is better take a good care of yourself. That’s only if you don’t want me to be upset. Got me?”

 

“Yeah mom..” He responded without any rejection.

 

Mrs Cha was pleased and then continued watching tv which was set infront of her.

 

It was calm and quiet then. Meanwhile, there was something Junsu had in mind to tell his mother. But, he was kind of immovable, it seemed hard for him to open his mouth whereas he knew the mother had to be told.

 

“You’re not going anywhere today?” Junsu threw a question, still was stuck on revealing the true issue he would like to express.

 

“I’d been to the stall this morning and after that, I stopped by at Tae Yeon’s house. Oh..by the way,I almost forgot. Tae Yeon’s mom sent you regard. She looked pretty excited to meet you since you’ll be having a dinner with them tomorrow night, right?”

 

“Yeah, right..” Short answer from Junsu. Not really focused on what had Mrs Cha just said as he pondered on how he was going to put forward. Instead, he merely stared at his mother.

 

“Finally! The drama has just finished. I can’t wait for the next episode. Could you imagine how dare that chicken husband cheated on his nice wife with the flirtatious maid? Oh my!” Mrs Cha seemed stating her reaction on the episode of the drama she had just finished watching. “Oh..I’ve been planning to make you some pancakes all these days. I better do it now. Or else, I’ll forget it over again.” She already stood up and was about to make a step, leaving the room.

 

“I’ll be going to Korea next week.” Junsu right away spoke out what had been all circling in his mind at the moment.

 

“Whh-what?!” Mrs Cha appeared to be in a big surprise. “What were you just saying?”

 

“I was picked to shoot an album on Korea’s splendor for the company’s magazine. So..I’ll be going to Korea next week, mom.”

 

“No..this is not right. Don’t they have any volunteers?”

 

“Unfortunately, no.” Junsu answered.

 

“How could they?! Hoh..how about your engagement then?” Mrs Cha blew out. Really displeased on the news Junsu had brought her. "This can't be happened. Tell them you won't go."

 

"Mom.."

 

"What? Oh no! That face you have right now..don't tell me you really wanna do this. Are you serious?"

 

“I've already said yes, mom. I can't turn it down anymore. Besides, it would only take three weeks. And the engagement, we have agreed to hold it on September. Right? Now it’s only July. Why do you have to be so worried?” Junsu doubted.

 

Mrs Cha sat down back on sofa. She looked a bit gloomy. “I thought of holding this engagement sooner.”

 

“What?” Junsu amazed.

 

“I thought you and Tae Yeon could possibly tie the engagement on August.”

 

“On August?!” Junsu shocked. He did not have any idea why his mother got to do that as they all already concurred that his engagement would be going to be held mid of September.

 

“Yeah! I’ve discussed this matter with Tae Yeon’s mom this morning. That’s why I came by their house. You know? I’m yearning for your big day and I’ve been preparing almost the whole engagement things since early last month. And I’ve got Tae Yeon’s mom green signal for the function on this August. But, you?! You’ve destroyed the all things just in one day. How do I suppose to accept this?” Mrs Cha countered and at the meantime she exhaled a heavy sigh.

 

Junsu smiled evenly. He then sat next to his mother, squeezing her shoulders lightly. Actually he was trying to ease her. “Mad, huh..? Then you’ve rights to be mad, mom. But still,I really don’t have a choice. I hope you’d understand.”

 

Mrs Cha was now under control. Somewhat she was calm than she was minutes ago. “There’s nothing I can do. You’ve approved that duty. Well..what else do you want me to say? Throw the job and rush your engagement? I don’t think you’d do that. Instead, you’d call off the engagement for the job. Am I right?”

 

Junsu laughed. He was amused by those grumblings. Mrs Cha seemed way too cute.  “Mom..have I told you that you’re more beautiful when you stay calm and happy?” He tried to cheer his mother up.

 

Mrs Cha eyed her son reluctantly, showing that she was not that easy to be consoled. Yet, her annoyed feeling towards Junsu slowly wipe out.

 

Junsu hugged his mother briefly. Mrs Cha gradually came up to make a smile on her face at last. Junsu broke his hug and then held her arm.

 

“Thanks, mom. I’ll talk to Tae Yeon’s mom and I hope everyting’s gonna be fine as it must be. For now, let’s just put the all engagement things on hold. Okay? And from now on what do you have to do is just have a rest and prepare what is necessary. Don’t be too rush next time. I don’t want you to be troubled. Did you get me?”

 

Mrs Cha nodded while took a look at Junsu with a gentle smile. “Yeah..Already got it. No worries.”

 

“I’m relieved now. I think I’m gonna have a shower.  Anyway, the pancakes..better make them yummy. All of sudden, I’m kind of hungry.” In time, Junsu blinked his eyes at Mrs Cha as he was trying to about the pancakes. Then he left the spot.

 

Arasso!” Mrs Cha replied delightedly.

 

Kim Junsu, he was all Mrs Cha had. Her husband died when she was pregnant with Junsu. She worked hard and even harder to raise her son that Junsu would never feel like he had lost his father’s love, to devote him to a meaningful life, to teach him to be a good man with a desire that one day Junsu could be a successful son who she would always be proud of.

 

Abruptly, she glanced at a file which was supposed to be accidentally left by Junsu at the table in that living room. She was rather keen in what factual kind of shooting album that Junsu’s company had for him. As she opened the first page of the file, she was stunned.

 

“He’s going to shoot photos in Cheju?” Mrs Cha was static at her place. “It means..Cheju..?” No other words came out from her then. Silence. Actually, she was in a great daze.

-

-

-

-

 

“Li Yin!” Han Kyung waved his two hands at a girl who had just entered the park, wearing a white short-sleeve gown with jeans legging. There was a bright-gentle smile on his face. Truly, this man had never lack of smiles on his lips, that showed how more gentleman he was.

 

“Sorry, I’m a bit late.” Li Yin apologized as she stepped forward close to Han Kyung. She made a ‘please forgive me’ face additionally. Upshot, she seemed so cute having that kind of expression.

 

Han Kyung chuckled. “It’s okay, Li Yin. I don’t mind though. I’ve been always intensely waiting for you ever more because I’m convinced soon after you’d come to me.”

 

Li Yin smiled gladly. “How sweet! Thank god you said that. I’m grateful.”

 

Han Kyung Li Yin’s hair to the right part. “That’s my girl. Pretty and cute. Wow..you look gorgeous today.”

 

“Do I?” Li Yin was rather thrilled with Han Kyung’s praise. “Nah..you’re just sweet-talking to me. Thanks anyway.”

 

Han Kyung laughed quietly. “You…you’re such a sweet girl. You know that? As for now, I’ll get you for lunch. Okay? Come.” Followed by lending his hand to Li Yin and they ended up holding hand in hand along way out of the park.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

 

At a Japanese restaurant…

Li Yin and Han Kyung were sitting at one corner, facing to each other. They already had ordered the menu for lunch time. The restaurant featured most of very tasty and delicious Japanese cuisines, especially sushi. That, they usually popped round at the spot whenever they need to full up their hungry stomach and particularly when it came to ‘dating moment’. If they could not figure out another place, they would have definitely taken this Japanese restaurant in the first place.

 

“How’s auntie doing? Is she fine? I’ve been busy recently. That’s why I couldn’t spend much time with both of you.” Han Kyung updated his life’s progress. Since becoming a new manager at one of a big company in China, he seldom gathered around Li Yin and also Li Yin’s mother who he had been considering her as his own mother. Besides, they all had known each other since he was a child. No doubt they had a close family relation with one another.

 

“Mom and dad are fine. I came over their house yesterday.  It’s been a month after I left that house and start a new life at the new apartment. It’s so nice we’ve reunited.  They’re not that upset as they were before.”  It seemed Li Yin would like to pour her heart out of miserable feeling she had endured. There were still some unfold truth in her words.

 

“Are you okay?” Han Kyung asked. He was somewhat concerned on Li Yin’s emotion. He really did not want his girl to keep being cheerless after what had happened to her and her parents. “You know..people say it always be a good mode to let out the burden that keep troubling our hearts. Then we’ll be more relaxed. But you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to.”

 

Li Yin beamed at Han Kyung and replied. “I’m alright. There’s no burden inside me by now. A month ago when I first discovered that I was adopted, I didn’t want to believe in it. I really really don’t want to. Mom and dad give me everything and they love me too much, that I didn’t believe they’re not my real parents. I cried all these days. Whose daughter I am might be? Whose blood actually inside my body? The real father and the real mom..who are they? Where would they be now?”

 

Li Yin paused and took a second to sigh. As for Han Kyung, he was purely quiet just as he keep immensely staring at Li Yin with a sympathy in his eyes. He could sense the great sadness deep inside Li Yin.

 

“In a little while, I kept pondering. Being a heartbreaker, that’s not I’m supposed to be. I can’t be this way forever. What’s wrong with mom and dad’s love? Their love for me is perfect and I’ve no rights to doubt all that. They might have their own reason for keeping that as a secret for too long. What I must do is earning their love gratefully and striving for being their nicest daughter. That’s how I should do for willingly being such great parents for me. Actually, this is all I can do. My life does change. Still, I can cope with it. I’m all fine now.” Li Yin sighed slightly. She added quickly. “Whoaa..all of sudden, I find this kind of process more released instead of shedding tears .”

 

Han Kyung turned out laughing briefly. Next, he squeezed Li Yin’s hand warmly. “Today, I can see how matured you’ve become. I’m very glad you bravely deal with all those things. I’m really proud of you, Li Yin. Keep being stronger, that’s what you really need to step forward. Would you set this in your mind? For my sake…please..?”

 

It was Li Yin’s turn to grip Han Kyung’s hand and tighten them. She presented him an honest gentle smile. “For your sake, I’ll commit all the spirits you gave me to my memories. When on earth, if I’ve to get over something, I’ll surely grab this spirits. No need to be anxious. Deal?”

 

“Alright, deal.” Han Kyung answered. At the same time he tapped Li Yin on her head, showing how adorable he was towards his loving girlfriend.

 

Li Yin appeared to chuckle. Out of sight, she was considering how lucky she was to be granted a nice and sweet boyfriend as the guy who was in front of her at that moment. There was definitely no other guy could love her as much as Han Kyung always does. After all, Li Yin had to admit she was gradually more in love with him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

 

At last, the couple already got nearby an apartment building, where Liyin currently lived in ever since she moved from her parent’s house. As she did yearn to be independent, she had to make this complicated decision. Luckily, Han Kyung was all the time by her side, giving her full support.

 

“You’re almost home. Anyway, how was our date just now? Did I soothe you?” Han Kyung questioned, standing close right front of Li Yin. They were swaying their hands in one another softly while had an issue to talk to.

 

“Is it a major concern for you to know?”  Li Yin uttered along with a query.

 

“Fairly sure,” answered Han Kyung in a short sentence. He smirked then.

 

Li Yin later gave in. “Okay. Just want to let you know. I enjoyed having you next to me all day time. Thanks for spending the half day and also thanks for being such a great supporter. I’m really pleased.”

 

“The thanks are most welcomed. Need no payback.” Han Kyung simply said his piece. “I guess since you’ll be leaving for Korea tomorrow, I’m already missing you a lot. Whoaa..it would hurts me a lot either.” He sounded as if he moaned.

 

Li Yin let off her hands as she refused. “Don’t say that. I’m not going to leave here forever. It shan’t take a long term. It’s just a brief trip though. Soon after that, I’ll be back home. Make sure to take care of yourself and if there’s some free time...”

 

Out of blue, Han Kyung cut her line. “Please do look after mom and dad for me. That’s what probably you want to say, correct?”

 

Li Yin exposed a wide soft smile at Han Kyung. “Yeah..you’re right for sure.”

 

“Do you really have to go? Why has it to be Korea? There are still many places you can go here, in China, for a trip.”

 

Ahmm, don’t really know why. But maybe, because I haven’t been there in the long run. Right after the accident, mom and dad brought me here. I’ve only a bad memory about Korea and it’s very fewer. That, I want to go back there for a while, hoping I could pick the missing pieces of mine back then. I wish I’d bring back sweet memories this time. If mom and dad hadn’t let me to, I wouldn’t have even a tiny chance though they were loath at first. Thanks to my hard effort for convincing them. Also thanks to you for understanding, either.”

 

Han Kyung was thrilled. Looking at this independent girl, he guaranteed Li Yin surely would take care of herself. He trusted her. “Korea is a big country. Which part do you long for?”

 

“Seoul, maybe. Besides, I was born and grew up there.”

 

Owwh..did auntie and uncle tell you that?” Han Kyung hesitated.

 

“Yeah..why? Where do you wish I was born then?”

 

Nah..I was just teasing you, my dear. Seoul, ha..? It might be better for you. Indeed.”

 

“I hope so. You got to wish me best of luck.”

 

Han Kyung nodded. On the sly, he was cautious. After what had happened terribly to Li Yin back then, he believed she did not deserve to be worsen, she did not merit to be told about that old memories she had accidentally forgotten and of course she did not worth those all as she already suffered enough from the truth of being an adopted daughter, the truth which was not even a secret anymore. Despite not remembering the all memories she had missed, Li Yin was happy with her life by now and she would get to be happier without the awful past.

 

Quickly cheered his face up, kind of drowning in his own thoughts beforehand. “Not to forget, a warning specifically for you, my dear. That is..don’t ever to keep your eyes on another guy  there. Please keep your eyes away from strangers. Or else..”

 

“You’d get jealous. I can see that. What a pity!” Li Yin stepped in Han Kyung’s words. Likewise, she did try to .

 

So sudden, Han Kyung burst into laugh, rather hilarious on Li Yin’s reaction. In some way, Li Yin could read his mind. Perhaps, his expression was way too obvious to be seen. Yeah..he was a guy who loved his girl too much to not be bothered, to not be anxious while the girl was not around. Thus, he must have rights to get jealous. Nevertheless, he was not comprised as that uncontrolled covetous boyfriend. All he craved for in a relationship is equally taking notice on single feeling besides being loyal to one another persistently.

 

“Indeed. At least, there’s a conclusion here. If you wish I wouldn’t be very envious, better away from another guy. And if not, there’ll be no other choice instead of pushing you to marry me then. It’s all up to you.”  Han Kyung gave a respond in a mockery way.

 

Li Yin started making a ‘looked uneasy’ face.

 

“Nah..I was just kidding. No need to take it seriously. Look at you! What such a face you got?” No wonders. Han Kyung was partial to come up with some jokes which likely had potentials to be true.

 

“What kind of face I got then? You’re somewhat naughty guy.” Li Yin countered. “Actually, I was just thinking of picking both..how that might sound?”

 

Han Kyung threw a big smile. “It sounds really really good.”

 

Subsequently, Li Yin beamed back at him. “So..do you like it?”

 

“What that means? Marrying you? Million times sure I do like it. It’s all been my biggest dream to marry you one day. You’re Li Yin, my love. I’ll wait for you no matter how long it would take. I’ll always be yours. I wish this biggest dream would come true and I’ll be the luckiest man on earth when that moment comes.”

 

Later then, Li Yin gave Han Kyung a warm hug. Again, she beamed at herself. ‘As for you, it’s like I’ve been blessed to have your love and I’ve been the luckiest person on earth to have you in my life.’ Li Yin whispered, feeling greatly happy. Her heart was sort of in blossom.

 

Next few seconds, Li Yin split from Han Kyung’s chest. The two stared at each other’s eyeballs, too tender to not get attached with. Han Kyung then caressed Li Yin’s fair cheeks, smoothly. While Li Yin was indulgently static eyeing on Han Kyung . He moved his head a bit forward and leaned down. Definitely, he was about to kiss Li Yin on her lips. It was like just inches gap within their lips when Li Yin unexpectedly gave Han Kyung a peck on his cheek right away before she walked off with a laugh.

 

Han Kyung did nothing but to cover his shame. Instead, he scratched his non- itchy head, feeling a bit embarrassed.

 

“Han Kyung uppa!” Li Yin cried out,  already rather far from his spot.

 

Instantly, Han Kyung turned to Li Yin.

 

“Good night! Have a nice sleep! Love you!” Li Yin continued.

 

Han Kyung turned up his mouth, smiling cheerfully. “You too good night! Have a sweet dream! Love you more!” He yelled out louder than hers.

 

Li Yin was waving her goodbye with a bright smile painted on her face as she then turned her back, continuing her step into the building. Whilst, Han Kyung’s eyes kept watching Li Yin’s back up until she disappeared.

 

‘Li Yin, I’m going to miss you badly.’ Han Kyung mumbled, heaved a soft sigh, yet been so delighted.

 

----------