Baekhyun: Chapter 8

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"No ... thanks for the offer, but I'm doing something tonight," you say, politely trying to reject her proposition. "Thanks, though."

"Mm. Whatever. You'll miss out." Min heaves an exaggerated sigh and pulls out her phone. "I gotta go. See ya tomorrow." With that, she turns around and strides away. You watch her disappear around the block before you take a good look at your environment. You decide to retrace your steps, although you hadn't really been paying attention to where you were going. You take out your phone and decide to call Baekhyun, just in case he might know where you are.

"Hello?" He picks up almost instantly. You smile when you hear his voice, then get frustrated at yourself for reacting this way.

"Baek," you say, clearing your throat. "Hey. I need help. I'm kinda lost."

"Where are you?"

"I said I'm lost, how would I know where I am?" You reply sarcastically, shaking your head. 

"Alright, alright. What do you see?" He asks.

You take in the park to your left and the buildings to your right, the structure bordered by many street lights and crowds of people. It doesn't seem to be the business district, although you can't be too sure. Up ahead, you see people selling their items at the food stalls as well as tourists busily snapping photos of the sky. "Uh. I see people. And ... oh. Street. It says Corner Street. Corner? Really? That's a really unimaginative name."

"Oh, I know where that is," Baekhyun replies, ignoring your vocalized opinions. "You just go straight and follow that, and then turn right at the second road. Hey. You're kinda far from school, you know that? How on earth did you get there?"

"Min took me," you tell him as you follow his instructions, being careful to remember certain checkpoints. "She wanted to go on a double date, you know."

"She did?" Baekhyun asks incredulously. 

"She says she has a boyfriend now," you explain, skipping a little over a jut in the sidewalk. Second road ... here it is. "She wanted to double date with me and you. Because apparently we are all friends."

"What did you say?"

"I said no," you shrug.

"Why would you say that?" Baekhyun says in surprise.

Confused by his dissatisfaction, you grip the phone tighter in your hand and wonder, "Was I supposed to say yes?"

"It could have made us look more official," Baekhyun says. A brief rustle interrupts the connection, making you pull the phone from your ear.

"Hey. You still there?" You call out as you wait for the green light that will allow you clearance to walk across the street.

"Sorry. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter