Baekhyun: Chapter 5

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Now what?" He stares at you.

"Don't ask me," you say, looking at him. "How would I know?"

You glare at your signature, parallel to his, before closing the folder and placing it on his lap. "Give me your phone."

"What?"

"Give me your phone," you repeat, and while he's still in the process of taking it out of his pocket, you grab it from him and click the camera app. You snap a photo of yourself, set it as his wallpaper, and return it to him. He stares at the photo you've set as his background and gives you a peculiar look. Before he can stop you, you take out your own phone and photograph him.

"Hey! What are you doing?" He asks, reaching for your phone, but you pull away before he can take it from you.

"Photographical evidence. See?" You say, showing him your new phone background. He makes a face at the photo and unconsciously reaches out to fix his hair.

"My hair looks bad."

"You look fine," you roll your eyes, assuring him. You stand up and slide off the bed, ready to leave. Baekhyun doesn't seem to have expected you to exit so soon, though.

"Where are you going?" He questions you. You shrug and take the folder from his lap, inserting it in the crook of your arm.

"I don't know. Home. Later," you say, and before he can protest, you leave his room and make your way downstairs. Flinging the front door open, you step outside and make sure the door shuts properly behind you before you cross his yard. After some hesitation, you decide to head for the community park, which is not far from here. Five minutes pass, and you arrive at the park, where about two people sit reading books. You approach the gazebo, a wizened thing with dull white paint and cracked wood, and lean against the railing as you open the folder.

You had wanted to look at this - really look at it - earlier, but not with Baekhyun peering over your shoulder. Now that you have a bit of solitude, you scan the terms and conditions Baekhyun had so carefully organized. It amuses you that he's gone so far to create such a professional system, but you suppose you can't completely blame him. You did ask him, after all, to do just that, although you hadn't necessarily expected him to go to this extent. He's really taking this seriously, probably more than you are. It kind of frustrates you. The more serious this gets, the longer this 'relationship' will last, and you're not sure if you want to be Baekhyun's girlfriend for longer than needed.

There's that obvious danger of personal feelings getting involved.

And you don't want to think of Baekhyun that way. It's just ... you've been friends with him for too long to have him be your boyfriend. It's like ... it's like having a crush on your brother.

Which is just really, really awkward.

You stare at the typewritten words on the paper and let your eyes skim over the paragraphs of information. You suppose it hasn't really quite registered yet, and that's understandable, since you haven't done anything romantic with Baekhyun before. And you don't think you'll need to, either, in order to keep this 'relationship' up. A few dates, here and there. Only act lovey-dovey in public p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter