Baekhyun: Chapter 18

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" Baekhyun asks Min. She raises her brows in surprise.

"I do?"

"What about that ... Chanyeol guy, or whatever?"

She laughs. "I set him up for your friend - "

"I don't think she needs setting up," he mutters. He glances at you, and the darkness cornering his eyes fades away. "I think she's capable of finding someone she can date."

She smirks at you. "Really." She looks like she's about to declare your feelings for Baekhyun, and in an attempt to stop her, you kick her in the shin. You didn't want to do it, especially since that's your trademark move reserved for Baekhyun, but it's the only plan you can think of in that split-second. "Ouch!" she shouts, seething. She glares at you. "What the heck was that for - "

"Here, have some food," you urge, giving her a piece of your roll. She leans back and makes a face at it, and you shake it, trying to entice her with the aroma. "Don't you want it?"

"I don't want that, thank you very much," she sniffs, pushing your hand away. You sigh when you realize that you've succeeded in distracting her and place the roll back on your tray. Baekhyun just watches this with detached amusement. You risk a look at him before readapting your uninterested exterior. Min starts to furiously eat her food, obviously distracted by the bitter emotions that are taking hold of her. Baekhyun's friend watches the scene quietly until Baekhyun stands up, the act so unprecedented that everyone's eyes turn to stare at him. He looks around the room awkwardly before he grabs his tray, throws the unneeded things away, and heads out.

Since you're now left with Min and Baekhyun's friend whom you don't know too well, you get up and follow Baekhyun. Min doesn't try to stop you, which you find surprising, but you're not about to complain.

You catch up with him in the hallway, where he's slowly walking down the corridor. His footsteps reverberate in the empty hall, and the sound is fueling the way your nerves are trembling. Collecting some nerve, you speak out, "Baek?"

He pauses. He stays there for a few seconds, standing there with his back to you, as if he's trying to decide whether he should turn around. When he does, his face is composed, a fact that scares you more than it should.

"What's up?" He asks. He sounds normal enough. But nothing about him feels familiar right now, and daunted by the unknown, you take a cautious step back.

"Ah ... I don't know, I just figured I'd say hi," you give him a lame wave. "Uh ... are you busy today? Do you want to do anything? I - "

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you," he says, approaching you with a purposeful gaze in his eyes. His proximity has become so alien to you that you feel endangered, but your feet keep you anchored on the ground. Baekhyun nears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter