Baekhyun: Chapter 12

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Regret what?" You ask him. "Because it sounds a lot like you're saying you regret you signed the Contract because you're not getting confessions."

His eyes light up in surprise when he realizes the misunderstanding. "No, wait, that's not what I meant, I meant ... " but then he blushes when he thinks of the reason and ducks his head in humiliation. "I'm not saying. Never mind," he mumbles, risking a glance at you. You look away. If he stares at you like that, with that curl of hair over his forehead and those doe-like eyes looking up at you, you might waver at the memory of his kiss, and you don't want to do that.

"You came off sounding like an egotistical idiot, you know."

He lightly slaps the side of his cheek. "There. That's my punishment." Before you can even begin to process how weird that was, he leans forward, erasing any thought in your head. What is he doing, leaning in like this? Does he even know that all you see, at this moment, are his lips? Does he even know that every time he bites them, them, moves them, heck, speaks with them, you feel like you'll lose the ability to breathe?

"Move," you say, palming his face and pushing him away. He evades your attack and encircles your wrist with his fingers. His palm is cool and comfortable against your skin, and you try to focus on that feeling, and that alone. 

"You're wearing the necklace still," he points out. You look down at your collar and see the key pendant peeking out. 

"Why, am I supposed to take it off?" You ask him, pulling back from his grasp and beginning to unclasp the pendant.

"No, no," Baekhyun panics, waving his hands. You pause and watch as he stares at the pendant twirling and spinning in the air. "That opens to something."

"So it's a legit key."

"Yeah," he agrees. He takes out his own necklace, flicking the pendant so it does its own little dance. "I don't know what. I found it in my room. I probably bought something, used it, and forgot about it later. Hey, maybe we could go lock searching in my room," he grins, but then his smile fades. "Actually. My parents probably won't allow you in my room anymore."

Feeling awkward, you tuck the pendant beneath your shirt and reply, "Probably."

Baekhyun nervously clears his throat and, without meeting your gaze, asks, "So did you, uh, sleep well last night?"

Your cheeks are immediately set on fire, and you look down at your food, at anything and at any place as long as its not at Baekhyun. "I don't know," you reply vaguely. "It was okay." There. That was a good reply, wasn't it? Just okay. Nothing special to discuss.

"Oh." Baekhyun coughs. "Yeah. Um. Me too."

You let an uneasy silence pass between you and Baekhyun before you pick up your eating utensil - your movement too sudden, the sight too piercing. "What are you doing today?"

"I don't know. Nothing. Why, you wanna go on a date?"

His question is so unsuspecting and spoken so innocently that you reflexively raise your brows at him, hoping to convey disint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter