Baekhyun: Chapter 7

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"You know, Min, it's hard to kiss someone when you're in between us."

You don't know where those words come from, but they escape your mouth before you can even begin to gloss over them. She just stares at you, a hint of surprise adorning the amused crinkles of her eyes, and she laughs lightly. She starts to move, preparing herself to stand up, but she seems to think better of it and remains in her seat. She probably discovered that she doesn't want you and Baekhyun to make out in front of her, after all, and she gives you a cold, defeated smile that makes you feel a sense of triumph.

"Fine," she says, continuing to eat her food. She ignores you both for the rest of the cafeteria period, but you still can't comfortably converse with Baekhyun. Knowing she's there prevents you from doing so, and although you try to talk about subjects that won't earn you criticism, you'd prefer to talk about something else. Oh, well. You can endure this for a few minutes longer.

The bell rings (finally!) and you and Baekhyun hurriedly pick up your trays. Together, you approach the trash can, throw away any unnecessary items, and head for class. Baekhyun makes a face at you, and you chuckle and punch him lightly in the arm. Having approached the safety of the hallway and stretched the distance between you and Min, Baekhyun confidentially ducks his head close to yours, the whisper of his breath curling against your skin. You shiver involuntarily and try to focus on his words as he says, "What would you have done if she kept going?"

You give him a look and pull back, the close proximity making you uneasy. "What are you trying to ask?"

"I mean," he corrects himself, getting bashful, "would you have actually kissed me?"

You stare at him, searching those embarrassed eyes for a hint of personal feelings, but he seems to be honestly curious. For some reason, it irritates you.

"Like I'd ever do that," you say, turning away. "I'm not kissing you."

"What? Why?" He asks, genuinely surprised. He catches up to you, attempting to match your brisk pace. He points to his face and guilelessly asks, "Do I not look kissable?"

"Shut up," you say, pushing him again, and he laughs and pushes you back. You stumble on your own feet, and he reaches out and wraps an arm around your waist to steady you. You freeze. You don't know why your body is reacting the way it is; it's as if every pore on your skin is actively aware of his touch. You don't like it. You've never felt like this before.

Maybe it's due to the Contract. That's right. It's because of that. Baekhyun should have written down the side effects of agreeing to such a deal. 'Unnatural body responses may ensue.' Something like that.

"Getting handsy?" You manage to mutter. You had meant to sound playfully nonchalant, but Baekhyun immediately steps away, a deep blush tinting his cheeks. "Sorry. I mean. We're dating. Ha, ha," you say, biting your lip in regret. He just shrugs, but you can tell that he's taken what you've said to heart. He's just that type of an earnest guy.

"I'll see you after school. Later," he says, turning around and jogging away. You watch him push through the crowd of students before you sigh to yourself and head for your locker. Inputting the combination, you swi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter