The Melody of Love Starts to Beat !

Unsung Melodies

 

Jonghyun’s POV
                 
“Oy, Jonghyun, are you even listening to what I’m telling you?” Taemin broke the silence of my mind with his statement sounding like he’s a kid that needs special attention.

“Ugh, sorry, I wasn’t listening,” I confessed. It leaves things easier.

“You’re no use. I should just really seek another person who will listen to me,” He said implying that he’ll go and find another friend.

“That would be very beneficial for me. I’m sure your stories are only related to girls. My ears are already worn out you know,” I said coldly.

“Geez,  your ears are worn out not because of me, but because of Yupi. Seriously, you keep on listening to her songs,” he said scratching the back of his head.

“Want a nice taste of my fist?” I replied. He immediately declined. 

“Well, anyways, what do you think of Yoona? Many say that she’s beautiful , to top it all, she’s also doing well on her academics, but it’s just that she have problems about her social life,” He said deeply interested with Im Yoon Ah.

“She’s a small, immature, clumsy and a weird girl,” Using the insults I’ve told her yesterday. I flashed a quick smile as I remembered the things that happened. She’s kind of interesting, and yes, very fun to annoy.

“Ohh, but it looks like you are having a nice relationship with her,” He said. I raised an eyebrow. What was Taemin implying with that?

“You were the first one aside from SeoHyun to make her talk ! Yehey ~” He continued his statement.

“Just because she looks like a silent person, doesn’t mean that she is one. She’s awfully talkative on my way home, and to top it all, she’s my neighbor.  I guess I really attract bad luck,”  I said talking about what I’ve noticed from her.  I ate my lunch quietly.

“All I can hear is she.. she .. and a she. I guess you really are having a pleasant time with Yoona. Introduce me too  !” Taemin said continuing the teasing. Gah, so loud ! I can’t focus on thinking about what will happen with the next chapter of my book!

“Hit on her if you want. Don’t give me another load of burden. Damn it, I’m going. You’re so noisy !” I said as I snapped. This is a common scene between me and Taemin; me walking out and such.  I packed my lunch and went back to the classroom, continued scribbling my ideas on my notebook.

I heard the voice of Yoona once again. I guess she’s having a nice time with her fellow classmates. Well then, that’s nice. Ah wait? What am I thinking ? Why am I even giving a portion of my attention to her. Geez, this is so complicated.

-After Lunch-

“Hey Yoona, want to join our team for dodgeball? We are short of members you see,” The girls from before asked. Seems like I’m not needed anymore huh.

“Eh, is it really alright? I’m not really that athletic,” She said timidly. Yeah right, she’s clumsy, what more can I expect if she joins the team. They will lose. I can see that happening.  Geez, I’m thinking about her again; I better leave the room.

Our class was divided into two. Boys and Girls, for that is the way of having a class here. The boys would play basketball, or some other sport, and the girls would play dodgeball, volleyball or such. I parted ways with Yoona. Finally, no more thinking about her.

“Nice job Jonghyun!” Taemin greeted as I delivered  the winning, buzzer beater shot for our group.  I was sweating madly.

“Want to watch the dodgeball match for the girl’s group. I heard that Yoona is putting on a good show,” I sighed. Yoona again.

“I pass. I’m going to change.”

“Well it seems like she’s the only person left on the other court ,” Taemin said picking up my interest.  Yoona being the only one left there, impossible. Totally impossible.  “Finally got you motivated to watch,” He said giggling.

Just as Taemin reported, it was a match between one representative from the two groups. Yoona and another girl were the only ones left. The other female served, it looks like Yoona won’t be able to return it. Too bad that means they lose.  I turned around, knowing exactly the results, until I heard a couple of cheers.

“Yoona won !” They cheered. I turned back again. It was true. She was lying on the gym, the ball got through the other side of the court again. I smiled. . . . God, this woman is driving me crazy !

Her fellow group mates helped her stand up, but suddenly she collapsed back to the ground.

“What’s wrong?” A concerned group mate asked.

“I think I sprained my leg,” Yoona said. That’s what I’ve been expecting.  I came to her rescue. Well, err, I shouldn’t have done it.  I gently carried her. “I’ll accompany her to the clinic. You guys can return to class,” I said walking away from the crowd.

-Clinic-
“Goodness, it’s just a simple physical education class and you already got injured. Can’t you take care of yourself better?” I asked, wrapping the bandage with heavy force.

“Hey wrap it gently! It’s injured you know. I-N-J-U-R-E-D” She said spelling out the word injured. I wrapped the bandage forcefully, and I received a good kick in the face from her.

“That hurts!” I said. “I’m the one who acted like a good person, and yet I received a kick? What’s wrong with you?” Beginning our argument once again.

“When I said gently, I didn’t ask for the antonym of it! God, that’s what you deserve ! I wasn’t even asking for your help!” Yonna said as she wrapped the bandage by herself. I removed her hand and did it gently this time. “Are you happy now?”

“Geez, how clumsy can you get?” Still a bit annoyed with the fracture on her leg.

“I just did my best,” She excused.

“Just because you need to do your best doesn’t mean that you need to bring yourself into trouble.  Why am I even doing this for you?” I asked myself still thinking of an answer why I am slightly worried about her condition. This. It makes no sense even if I think about it.

“Like I said, you didn’t need to do it,” She replied, annoying me more. 

“When someone offers you help, don’t reply that you didn’t ask them ! It’s because they’re worried about you,” I said blurting out my thoughts.

“Ehh?” She asked confused.

“I’m not worried about you!  You just look helpless there, that’s all !” I said finally tying the bandage.

“Still. Thank you?” She said on a tone she used when we were on the train.  “I don’t care,” I replied staying with her for a little bit more.

“By the way, you stink” Yoona told me covering her nose.

“I don’t stink. I just smell like sweat,” I corrected her.

“Still you stink,” She said getting revenge. I think?

“Fine, I’ll change already. Bye,” I said and stood up from my seat. To my surprise, Yoona held my  shirt preventing me to leave.

“I only said you stink, but I didn’t tell you to leave,” She said hiding her face from me.

“Could it be you’re scared here?” I asked finding a hole on her personality again.

“I’m not!,” She said, and I took a step back, finding herself following me.

“Then I’ll leave,” Taking another step back. She fell from the bed,  unconsciously I tried to catch her, but I guess I also got included when she fell.

“Aigoo,” I said and opened my eyes finding Yoona lying on top of me ?!