Blooming Flower

Unsung Melodies

Yoona's POV
“I’m late for class!”

My shout resounded the whole house as I threw away my pajamas all around the room forgetting the modesty a woman should show. I exhaled then soughed .  The bright sunlight entered my transparent windows as I was panicking over simple matters.  My mother then came knocking heavily after she was ruffled by my high pitched thunderous shout

I dampened my face and my hair slightly ; it was a good thing I took a long hot bath before I went last night, or hygienic problems would be resonating on my mind at this moment.

I ran as fast as I could to reach the subway, just a few more minutes and the ride I’m always taking would leave already, and it takes another ten minutes for another train to arrive.

Faster. Faster.  

Upon reaching the station, I was trying hard to grasp for air. It has been a long time since I did a full run marathon, and I guess I could count this scenario as one.  Checking my cellular phone for the time, I breathed with relief.  Two more minutes before the train arrives. I brushed my hair a few more times before I went boarded my transportation.  

I secured myself a seat once I got in, and quickly doze off. My head tilted to the right and felt a masculine shoulder catch it. Who could it be?  I wokeup right after the speaker announced the station, but I terribly forgot to check out that person beside me. Oh well, that means I’ve saved myself from shame.

~~~~~~~~~~~
        

“Safe!” I shouted with triumph as I entered the classroom just before the teacher did. My fellow female classmates applauded and welcomed my return. Did I mention that I’ve been absent from class for two days since my mother stubbornly rejected my reasoning.

Passing by the school field that noon time, I saw Jonghyun with a girl. How should I explain it, the beauty of that student couldn’t be compared to anyone. Her eyes that stared towards Jonghyun were like glass, for its clarity were unmatched. Her porcelain-like skin that glowed as the afternoon streak hit was truly jaw dropping  .Her curly hair that descended until her hips were brushed perfectly ; just staring at her would make you think that she’s a living doll. Not to mention her pinkish lips that were glossed perfectly. I was spell bound upon her presence. What is a girl like her doing here with Jonghyun?

“Jonghyun, we’re friends for a very long time already,” 

“That’s why, don’t you think we should date each other?”

Dumbfounded by her statement, I found myself eavesdropping more, waiting for the reply of Jonghyun. I. As I waited for his answer, tears swelled up on my eyes. Why? Why am I crying?

“I” Then the bell rang leaving the statement of Jonghyun unfinished.

“I’ll wait for your answer Jonghyun. Please, I’ll wait for you here,” Running back to her class. I felt immovable as the bell rang. Should I also hear it? Jonghyun’s ‘yes’ to that girl, but wouldn’t that make me cry more?

~~~~~~~~~~~

“Where’s Yoona?” As he entered the classroom, seeing one seat empty.


“Oh, she said she had stomach ache, so she went to the clinic first to rest, but a while ago  she was clearly fine”  A classmate replied.

Thump. Thump.

“Why is it that while listening to them, I cried. Shouldn’t I be happy for them? Jonghyun’s my friend after all,” I said gloomily on the school clinic. I questioned myself for that reaction, and the beating of my heart that is unsteady.

“But if he’ll have a girlfriend then we wouldn’t be together that much. He won’t tease me too,” Tears cascaded my cheeks again. Wasn’t he the reason that I can associate more now?  He was the person who saved me many times. The person I’ve talked to many times.  Jonghyun’s my friend.  “The reason I cried, was it because I felt sad that I’ll lose a friend like him?” I asked myself again wiping away my tears.
          

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uhm, Where’s Jonghyun?” Rushing back to the classroom, my eyes completely red over crying .Did he go already?

“He said, he’s going somewhere. He didn’t tell us where,” He really did. I frowned deeply. By now, what are they doing? Are they happy?  I ran towards the same location I saw the two of them were.  I wanted to know, very much, about his answer although it’s very obvious, I still needed to witness it, so that I could gladly accept it.

Are you sure?
Will I really be able to accept it?

I arrived at the scene, but I only saw the girl who confessed to Jonghyun. Where is he? Shouldn’t he be here now accepting this girl’s feelings?  I waited, very nervous about how things will turn out. In the end, he didn’t come. I heard the girl shed tears as she left, and then rain poured.


~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m already drenched,” As I walked in the heavy downpour without any umbrella or rain coat. In the end, he didn’t come. Why?

“You shouldn’t be walking like that; you look like a zombie,” With an extra umbrella with him. Opening it and holding it for me.

“Jonghyun!” I jumped back. “Shouldn’t you be. Aren’t you supposed to answer that girl’s confession,”  My tongue slipped.

“In the end, I’ll decline her, so it means basically the same thing. You shouldn’t eavesdrop when people are talking,”

“But still!”

“And because someone will be sad about it .Still, teasing you is a far much more interesting idea than getting a girlfriend,” Flashing his killer smile. My face brightened up and smiled in return.  I felt very happy that I couldn’t explain why. Just hearing that he doesn’t want to have a girlfriend made me unknowingly smile.

“You know, I was trying to find you a while ago, but you were gone in the clinic.  Look, now you’re drenched  with rain,” As he touched my hair.

“Well, err, I was hoping that I’d hear your answer to the person who confessed to you,”

“Seriously, don’t just poke your nose into other’s business. You’ve heard the answer from me already, are you happy now?”  I only nodded.  So happy that he won’t find a girlfriend yet . I mean….

Sigh.