Playful Rhythm

Unsung Melodies

Yoona’s POV
“Why are you following me?” I asked Jonghyun on our way home. I know that we are neighbors, but still he acts like he was controlling the speed of his walking to match mine. He couldn’t be worried, right?  I tried to increase my pace, and so did he.
 
“I’m not following you. I’m just taking the same road you’re taking. There’s a huge difference between  the two,” He explained. He’s right, but  still there’s this feeling lingering on my insides telling me he cares for me. I cracked a smile, there’s no way that person would even bother think about my situation right now. Yes, I’ll just think that he’s just a lazy being that doesn’t want to speed up. Later on, Jonhyun brought out his earphones and cellphone, and played  something from his playlist.

“What are you listening to?” I asked stopping my walk and waited for him.  He seemed like he was too engrossed on the music, so I removed his earphones.  “What are you listening to?” I repeated my question.

“Are you all about asking people questions?” He replied.

“What’s so wrong about asking, and don’t answer my question with a question!” I said kicking his leg.

“That hurts. . .” He screamed in agony, and glared at me.  “Aigoo, what a sadistic woman,” Scratching the back of his head.  “Here,” As he put his earphones inside my ears.  Yupi?!  I can’t believe that this guy also listens to ‘my’ kind of music. I laughed. He raised an eyebrow.

“Why are you laughing?” He asked me.

“Ah sorry, sorry. I didn’t thought that people like you can also have that soft spot,” Teasing him.

“Oy, oy, I just heard you talking to the girls in the class about you being an avid fan of Yupi, so what’s wrong with me listening to her songs?”He questioned me. Ehem, I am Yupi although I don’t really plan on telling that to anyone, but SeoHyun knows it.

“Nothing. I just thought that you don’t listen to her kind of songs. I mean they sound cute, Yupi’s songs sound like for women,”  I said telling him my view about my songs.

“It’s calming,” He complimented. I blushed. My songs are calming?  “Also, I want to know her real identity,” He continued. What?

“Eh? But Yupi doesn’t want her identity known. I fear that Yupi will vanish if people discovers her real identity. Have you thought of that already Jonghyun?” I asked him, clearly giving him my chosen action if my identity is leaked.

“I know that, but that person have done me enough to get to where I am today,” He confessed, but I didn’t understand the part when he said “done me enough to get where I am today’. What did Jonghyun mean by that?

“Are you by any chance infatuated with her?” I asked. Gosh, this is getting more and more heat up!

“Infatuated?” He asked me. I cannot determine if he gets the word, or if I said something wrong.

“I mean crush? First love? Things like that,” I defined it. He somewhat nodded. . . ?

“You’re only infatuated with her voice. What if she’s ugly? What if she’s fat? What if she’s not the person whom you thought she would be?” I asked him saying those things so that he’ll give up his search. I’m blushing ! Someone has a crush on  me even if he has only heard my voice!   But somewhere deep in my heart, I felt an incomprehensible sadness.

“Well, I won’t know it unless I find her right? Besides, the emotion I’m feeling is not love,” He cleared things out which even hurt me more.  It’s not love. 

“Didn’t you also feel that emotion towards someone you personally want to know, but can’t?”He asked. I tried to remember if I felt that emotion towards someone before.

“Then it would be Pocky,” I told him. He froze for a moment. “Something wrong about it?” I asked.

“I didn’t expect you to know that guy,” Jonghyun told me.

“His stories are captivating. You wouldn’t notice that you are already reading over some time, but like Yupi no one knows his identity,” I said.  How should I explain it. I got pulled into him because we were under the same boat. Two beings that doesn’t want their identities known no matter what.  

“I think Yupi and Pocky are the most famous unknown characters in the internet,” I said still wondering what kind of guy that Pocky person is while still listening to the song of Yupi. I suddenly tripped. I’m so unlucky !

“Careful,” Jonghyun said as he caught me with his hand.

“This is your fault,” I told him pulling the trigger of our arguments.

“I get it, so no need to rub it in,” He told me backing down from the supposed to be fight.  I felt that his voice sound so soothing that moment, and caring:? This is absurd. I must have smelled some awful things awhile ago that made my thinking like this. Jonghyun halted, so did I. Why?

“What are you dozing off for. You’re in front of your house already, idiot,” He said and removed the earphones and then entered his house which was beside mine.

“I’m not an idiot!” I said. He patted my head. “I get it, you’re not,” and smiled… Am I hallucinating? That person just smiled?

“Take good care of yourself, and get well soon. Bye,” And then entered his house.  Could he possibly be worried about me all this time?

-Bedroom  : 9 p.m-

“That idiot, I don’t understand what’s going on his head,” 
“Is he really worrying about me? Or not..”
“Gah so confused!”  I said while lying down on my bed.  That guy is seriously driving my head into a mess!

“Hey Yoona. I contacted the doctor awhile ago. I’ll go with you tomorrow for a check-up,” Mom said while knocking on my door.

“Okay mom,”  I said, and then grabbed my microphone and then connected it to the computer and felt like I should use my bewilderment as an inspiration.

‘One , two, three,’
Why is it that you end up hiding it? 
Is it that you're scared of being laughed at? 
Is it that you don't want to meet anyone? 
Is that really true? 
Drowning in a sea of the name "ambiguity", 
I'm suffering because I can no longer breathe. 
I now have a small urge to listen to someone's voice. 
I am so weak. 
“ Matching the song with my current emotions. With the unexplainable feelings lingering inside.

My phone suddenly rang right after I recorded the song. A text message.
“I shouldn’t really be the person saying this, but I’m sorry, I guess I teased you too much.
Sorry for the injury
Take good care of yourself, you got that?
Don’t move too much.. You’re making me worried,
PS: I got your number from SeoHyun
Jonghyun ”
He texted me?! He’s worried?!

I jumped directly into my bed, rereading his text message, and hid my face in the pillow.
Right now, I’m drowning in the sea they call ambiguity.

------------------------------------------
Lyrics taken from Vocaloid : Hello How are You