The First Note in the Music Sheet

Unsung Melodies

 

 Jonghyun's POV

It all started one year ago, when I was still a freshman that I have come across this singing wonder under the alias of "Yupi". Her voice, how should I explain it? I was simply filled with awe when I have heard her voice struck my ears. It was captivating, alluring, but most of all calming putting you on a state of placid upon coming across it.  Rewinding it again and again, yet still not growing tired listening to the same song that was the magic only the person under the name "Yupi" could pull. 

"Hey, Yupi had just uploaded a new cover!" 

"Ehh really? Let me hear it too !" 

"Wah, this is very nice. I heard the original artist sing this, but Yupi’s way of  singing pulled a better version! Her voice just keeps getting better and better!" 

"Summer Days are Over. I just pity the fact that no one knows the real identity of Yupi,"  was the short conversation of the teens with the same age as I. 

I couldn't agree less to what they said; many have requested to know the real identity of the wonder, but apparently she declined all of them. Some companies gave her a contract offer, and even go the way of requesting her presence on a concert, all rejected at the same time. As long as the request concerns her identity then Yupi wouldn't think twice of rejecting it. 

I whistled according to the tune of the song, syncing my hum into the flow of the notes. Ideas were slowly coming forth on my mind, and then I remembered that it's been a while since I updated as "Pocky". Knowing that my readers are eagerly waiting for another chapter of my latest stories. I guess I need to update as soon as possible. 

As I walked on the street, I felt that a body have just collided with mine, but as I looked around, there's no person around. Strange.

"Hey Jonghyun!"Taemin, across the street, waved. He is my buddy in school. I consider us as childhood friends, and being buddies means that I too will be under the effect of his popularity. Girls confessing, strangers asking for my cellphone number. It is a drag. 

Yoona's POV 

"Ugh, my nose!" I said covering it looking for the person who bumped into me. He was a tall person, but the sunlight blocked the view of his face. That bastard who didn't even bother apologize! 

"Yoona ! Hurry up, we'll be late soon," SeoHyun, my friend when I was in third grade said, grabbing my arm whom I immediately broke out from. 

"Hurry up you said. My nose," still treating it gently. I'm going to seriously make that person pay for this ! My precious nose! 

"Oh stop whining! That's what you get when you're not minding your way. Serves you right," she said now grabbing me with force.

"It's not my fault ! It was. It was that man's fault!" quickly recognizing the perpetrator from the color of his hair. 

"You mean Jonghyun?" 

"You know him?" I asked, curious about their relationship with one another.

"Silly, Jonghyun's our classmate!" she said shocked with what I uttered. Well shouldn't SeoHyun expect me not knowing anyone from the class because I don't really bother with their identities? It's a bother. 

"You should really associate more Yoona. I'm not here forever! What if I transfer into another class, or if I switch schools, or if I go abroad, tell me what you'll do ?"SeoHyun scolded me like how my mother does. 

"Blah blahblah. I'm not listening !Blah blahblah. I'm not listening !" I kept on repeating that holy chant to make SeoHyun quit her babbling. Friends are a drag. They will leave you once they're done with you. 

"And don't go thinking that friends will leave you and thoughts like that. Admit it, you are only shy talking to them" completely seeing through my thinking. 

"That's not true!" shouting. 

"Talk to Jonghyun then," she said knowing the outcome of this fight. I took a step back. 

"If that's what you want then! I'll talk to him and prove that you're wrong," I said angrily walking. 

"Then it's decided. Hurry up, we'll be late !" she said running ahead of me. 

- After School - 

The classes finished earlier than I expected, or was I not paying attention again ? Gosh, I forgot to talk to him ! I sensed a deep trouble approaching. I quietly took my steps to the door of the classroom. 

"Where do you think are you going Yoona? Our promise. P-R-O-M-I-S-E" she said reiterating what I told her before coming to school. 

"I'm going to talk to him that's why I'll leave the classroom. Isn't that what you said?" I asked putting my arms on my chest hoping I'll fool her. 

"Jonghyun's there !" pointing to where he really is. Not outside the classroom, but in front fixing his things. Oh shoot. I cracked an awkward laugh.

"Well, excuse myself for a while, but I just remembered the teacher asking me to go somewhere after class," I proceeded into plan B. Hopefully, fooling SeoHyun this time.

"No will do," she said and then forcefully dragged me towards Taemin and Jonghyun. "Hey Taemin, may I borrow you for a while ?" bringing out her props, a load of papers. 

"Sure," Taemin, being the gentleman carried most of it. 

"Hey Taemin, will I wait for you?" Jonghyun asked. 

"Nevermind, the teacher asked me to pass by his office. I'll run some errands first,"  Taemin riding on SeoHyun's plan. I think  SeoHyun talked to him beforehand, seeing SeoHyun constantly pass by Taemin during lunch. 

"Bye Yoona ! Have fun talking with Jonghyun, and oh yeah, Jonghyun, please accompany her home. I think your home is pretty much near Yoona's. Bye again !" and SeoHyun giggled leaving the classroom leaving me and Jonghyun the only ones left.  

God, what will I say? Should I randomly bring a topic. No, that is too awkward. Should I help him fixing his things? Wouldn't that make me a flirt? What will I tell him? 

"First of all, if you will bring me to a random place to confess, I decline," as he grabbed his bag and Taemin's too. 

Eh? Me, confessing to him? What? What in Earth is he thinking, me secretly liking someone I didn't even know (not until he accidentally hurt my nose). 

"What did you say? Me? So rude!" I shouted with all my might. I snapped out. 

"So loud. Then what do you really want?" with coldness flashing on his eyes as he looked at me which made me flinch by a little. 

No words came out of my mouth then. I was totally drawn aback because I cannot fully tell him what happened awhile ago, that he bumped into me and then SeoHyun told me to talk to him. He left the classroom after that, and then I started packing things up, angrily throwing my stuff inside my bag. He infuriated me over no reason. I then left headed towards the train station hoping that I won't see him ever again. I just hope I am not taunting fate with my statement. 

He is... beside me ! ! ! Gosh, what shall I do ?? Act calmly Yoona ! 

"Oh it's you . Are you stalking me?" he said arrogantly. Wait, are my ears functioning correctly ?  

"Can't you first think logically? I came here to ride a train and it's just a coincidence that we met here on my way home," Oh god, I really tempted fate to play a trick on me. 

"Then what do you really want from me a while ago?" he asked not minding the insult I just spewed into him. 

"My nose !" I replied on an angry manner. 

"Your nose?" 

"You bumped into me without even apologizing. Happy?" I growled. 

"Oh that ! Sorry I didn't see you since you were way smaller than me. Happy?" he said annoying me further making me stomp into his feet, and he writhed in agony. 

"Happy?' I asked him with a smile.

"You weirdo !" he said still rolling in pain.

"Next time don't add unnecessary words," Slowly regaining my composure. 

"Fine , weirdo," he provoked. I tried stomping on his feet, but he avoided..gah that's painful on my part ! 

"And next time don't repeat wrong things," he said . . . Grr. 

"Childish !" I insulted him once again.

"You are small, immature and weird," replying back with more insults.

"You're currently looking at a mirror," I said.

"I can only see you in the mirror," continuing to annoy me. I tried to punch him on the arm, but suddenly, I lost my footing. . . I have just crossed the yellow line, and the train entered slowly. Oh God, SeoHyunI"m sorry. I think I'm gonna die now. Just wait for the news headline telling how I died, and hopefully I’ll leave a nice legend for the next generations.

"Are you trying to die ? Don't just go stumbling in front of my eyes. You weird, immature, small , clumsy girl," he said grabbing my arm. 

"Thank you?" I completely appreciated that. 

"You lost our argument then," he replied with a smirk. 

"I just said thank you !" I didn't get what he said. 

"The first one who quits throwing an insult loses, and that's what you did," he said on a tone like he just won an award.

"I didn't make a rule like that !" following him inside the train.

"You implied it," he told me trying every bit of way to win this argument.

"I didn't !"  as I followed him on his seat. 

He's still annoying on the most part, but he's kind of interesting?