Identity Crisis?

Unsung Melodies

 

Yoona’s POV

We soon have come across our own houses. Bidding each other goodbye, we entered our own homes. Before fully entering my gate, I saw a mail man waiting for Jonghyun. I couldn’t resist the urge to eavesdrop ; really, that is my bad habit. I could hear the two of them talking about books. Publishing and the last thing I heard that was uttered by the mail man was something I couldn’t believe. A delivery for Pocky.

I stood there frozen for a moment, trying to comprehend that short conversation the two of them had. There’s no possibility that Jonghyun and Pocky are the same right? I mean. I liked Pocky, perhaps to the extent of having a crush on him, but to think that I had a crush on Jonghyun the whole time was very unbelievable.

Unable to settle on one final decision, I chose to brush off that thinking. There’s no way that the two of them are the same. It shouldn’t be happening. Not even once should I have thought of that taboo.

“Yoona? What happened you’re clothes are wet already !” mother scolded me upon seeing my sight, and upon seeing me dirty the carpet.

“I forgot my umbrella, but Jonghyun accompanied me after seeing my  drenched uniform,”  I excused myself about being irresponsible.

“That’s not an excuse to just stand there idly. Hurry up, take a bath. You might catch a cold soon,” she ordered to which I immediately complied. Sometimes I am wondering whether my umma is truly worried about my overall being, or is just minding about some other things. Perhaps medical expenses?

I took a bath like there was no tomorrow because I remembered that I didn’t have any that morning. Still, that thought came across my mind. Jonghyun. Could he possibly be Pocky all this time. Is that the reason why he froze when I told him I like Pocky? Was it because I referred to him that moment? Argh. This is karma. What I get for eavesdropping.

Dousing my head in water, trying to asphyxiate myself in order to forget that .Gosh .This is very absurd!

“Hey Yoona, can you drop by Jonghyun’s house and give them some apples. I got plenty a while ago,” she knocked on the door as I took a bath.

“Why not do it yourself mom,”  very depressed about the situation. I couldn’t bring myself to go inside that house.

“I was about to do that, but you messed up the carpet. Now I need to dry it up again,” revenge is sweet.

“It’s not like it’s my fault that there is rain,”

“It’s your fault for not bringing an umbrella,”

After a few more minutes, I finally rose from the bath and wore my clothes. Apples. Those damn red circular fruits bringing me further trouble. Why does fate love teasing me like Jonghyun. This is unfair !
`
“Take care, Yoona!”

“It’s ‘very’ near mom. No need for that,”

I knocked on their door once I had arrived. His mom greeted me kindly, but I only came to deliver some things, no need to invite me for some meal, or something sort of like that. But still, why the hell do they ask me to stay there. I don’t want to go inside his house.

“Could you stay for a while Yoona? I’m baking some pastries,” she invited. I declined for a little, but her pleading eyes tempted me. Okay fine.

“Only for a while. I still need to do some chores at home,” I reminded. Hopefully, aunt would buy that.

“Well then, please stay inside Jonghyun’s room for a while. The living room is a kind of mess since we invited some kids a while ago,” she told me. I blushed. Hey that’s a ‘boys’ room. Women aren’t just easily entering those prohibited rooms. Argh.

“Erm. Okay then,” brain. What the hell is wrong with you ! Stop saying okay and decline. Rawr ! I battled my senses. Suddenly my feet dragged me to his room. No. Stop this insanity already ! I cannot.

Reluctantly opening the door, I didn’t expect myself to find an unusual side of the person who always loved bothering the hell out of me. The side I had always known was his cool and annoying personality, but upon entering his room, I had realized that perhaps some of my labels for him are just mere misconceptions.

He lied down on his bed, completely defenseless like a toddler sleeping nonchalantly against all the world’s problems. His long, raven eyelashes completely visible from afar seemed very charming on that short blissful moment. And his hair that was swaying in all directions amidst his sleep was pretty hilarious.

I couldn’t help but slide my feet towards his direction. Should I wake him up? But wouldn’t it be terribly brazen if I just mindlessly stay inside his room without the owner’s permission (aside from his mother) . Unexpectedly running my slender fingers on his cheeks, I caressed his hair and went out with a small chuckle. Should I say that I am very lucky to see him looking like that.

Drawing out my cellular phone from my pocket, I captured his face , but that was the trigger. He woke up with the small sound of the camera and saw me holding it directly in front of his face. Damn, caught red handed. 

“Say, what are you doing inside my room?” he interrogated breaking out from the manipulative hold of the tempting item- the bed. Jonghyun yawned and tried to glom the cellular phone away from me.

Sticking my tongue out, I showed him the file of his face. 

“Are you really that desperate to be called as my girlfriend that you are willing to set a misunderstanding on that photo?” as he tried to steal it away from my grasp. I quirked an eyebrow on his statement.

“What? Of course not!” I exclaimed and hit his hand.

“Then say, what do you think will happen if you show that to people. First of all, they would immediately jump into the conclusion that it’s my bedroom or worse yours. Second, they will think that you are my girlfriend or I am your boyfriend because you were allowed to enter my bedroom,”

“Fine ! I’ll delete it. It’s disgusting to be called your girlfriend anyways,” but he stopped me from fully deleting the picture.

“I didn’t tell you to delete it. I was trying to say that you shouldn’t show that to people. You may keep it if you want to somehow laugh. Enough of that topic, what are you seriously doing here,” he queried once again as he fixed the strands of his hair. I sighed and just kept the photo after all that was my main goal, to use that picture as some sort of entertainment.   

“My mother asked me to deliver some apples, and your mother told me to try some pastries she baked,” as I explained the situation. “And about me going inside your bedroom. She told me the living room was in a mess, or something like that,” I added.

“Don’t trust her. She’s a bad cook,” he insulted. “Or in my sense of taste, I don’t like it. But perhaps in your case, you might enjoy it,”  as he stood up from  his bed and grabbed something from a box. That box, I clearly recognize it. The delivery for Pocky.

“Here,” he handed me a book.

“What’s this?” I tried to ask innocently concealing my knowledge about that.

“I ordered a few books of Pocky’s newest release. I figured out you might like it,”  he lied.

“Jonghyun. Are you… Nevermind,” with a saddened expression. I cannot voice it out, that wanted question. I mean, if ever he’s Pocky, what is the effect of that on our relationship?

“Were you eavesdropping a while ago, once again?” he sensed my eager desire, and the slight clue about my knowledge with his other identity. Should I lie? But, all this time I lied to him about my other identity.

“I. Of course not. I mean, I didn’t mean to,” I confessed. He patted my head.

“So this is what you get for eavesdropping. One, yes I am Pocky. Two, yes I am the person whom you had a crush on,” I didn’t expect that to come out from his mouth.

“Why? Why are you so open about it? And it’s only a crush !” I shouted. This irks me, or should I say, envy. While I cannot tell anyone about my identity as Yupi, here he is, immediately spilling out his secret.

“What will I get for lying to you? Guilt. And it’s not like I don’t want people to know. Somehow, in the future my real identity would be known,”

His statement made my heart beat faster and cleared up the skies hazing my mind, but I asked myself. When the time comes when Jonghyun suspects my identity ; would I be as brave as him to tell him the truth, or would I just keep running away from all the responsibilities of my popularity ? And one more thing that popped out in my head was.. Am I in love with him? 


Note: Hey guys ! I am back ! And also, I'm coming back to school in like 2 days.  But another thing that I've thought of is that Yoona shouldn't be too naive about things that's why I have made her discover a part of her feelings, so that you guys wouldn't be bored about her personality. From now, things are going to twist and turn into different paths!