You in love with me or something?

What. You Love Me or Something?

 

“Good morning, darling!” Julie smiled, kissing her daughter on the cheek.

“Ugh…mom…” Jane groaned.

Julie pouted and ruffled Jane’s hair. “Don’t be so cranky on your first day. Here are your car keys. The car’s new, so be thankful to Mr. and Mrs. Choi got it? See you when I get back for work. Call me if anything comes up!”

Julie left for work and Jane and Minho were the only ones in the house. He was locked up in his room again and she was downstairs eating breakfast. She wasn’t in the mood for a happy conversation. All she could think about this weekend was what Minho told her Saturday night and she couldn’t stop thinking about why he would say such a terrible thing.

She couldn’t sleep Sunday night either and she definitely wasn’t looking forward to her first day at a Korean University. It's been 8 years since she's read any hangul. She was also nervous to go to the same college as Minho and she wanted to ask him about his cold attitude towards her. His attitude towards her unacceptable and definitely unreal.

The doorbell rang and she sighed and walked towards the door.

“I’ll get it," said Minho.

Jane winced. She was too scared to look at him in the eye, but she knew she had to talk to him about his stupid attitude. As his footsteps drew closer, she turned around and faced him with her head down and blocked the door. Minho stopped his tracks and smirked.

“What’s up with you?” he asked, crossing his arms.

Jane looked at him and gave him a pained expression, “Minho, what’s wrong with you? Why are you acting this way?”

Minho scoffed, “what do you mean? just get out of my way.”

“You’ve changed. You used to be so nice to me and you protected me– “

Minho glared at her. “Isn’t it obvious that that was just out of pity?”

Jane’s eyes widened as he shoved her out of the way. He then turned around with a smirk, “What. You in love with me or something?” He gave a small chuckle and shook his head as he opened the door. 

“Yo, Hyung!”
"What's up?"
"MINHOOO!!"

Jane was at a loss for words. Pity ? She fell in love with a guy who felt pity towards her? She didn’t know her own feelings anymore. She felt pathetic and was speechless. She grabbed her bag and the car keys and pushed Minho out of the doorway and walked out the house towards her car, not caring about the three strangers standing in her way.

“Who was that?” Jonghyun asked Minho, rubbing his arm.

"She totally ignored us, dude......Does she know who we are?" Key asked, staring at Jane as she pulled out the driveway.

“YOU LIVE WITH A GIRL, HYUNGGIE?!” Taemin yelped. “Why did she look mad? DID YOU TWO FIGHT?! DO YOUR PARENTS KNOW SHE LIVES IN YOUR ROOM?! I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE SUCH A LEWD- “

“Shut up,” Minho snapped, knuckling Taemin’s forehead. "You and your stupid imagination, Taeminnie. As if I'd bring Jane into my room. No freaking way."

“Wait a minute...Jane?” Key teased. He crossed his arm and scoffed, "so she's here."

“She pisses me off…”

“How come she has her license already?”

“My parents made her get it. They don’t want her riding the university bus since it's full of s.”

“She dropped something…” Jonghyun muttered, bending over to pick up what was on the ground.

“Where’s Onew Hyung?” Minho asked.

“Eating in the car,” Key yawned.

“Chicken?”

“What else?"

“Damn.”

“Jung Jane,” Jonghyun said, holding Jane’s ID card. His eyes widened, “You can definitely tell she's half korean. She’s cuter that I thought.

“Gross. Don’t even, Hyung,” Minho stated.

 You don't have to be so mad. It won’t hurt to talk to her and I don’t have to date her, you know? I know my limits, idiot.”

“She won’t talk to you.”

“Why?”

“I told her not to.”

"EH?!?!?! But I wanna talk to her!!" Taemin pouted, tugging onto Minho's shirt.

Minho gave Taemin the glare and Key shoved the palm of his hand onto Minho's face.

"Don't stare at my son like that," Key snapped.

”Well, imma give this back to her,” Jonghyun replied, in a sing-songy voice.

“Hyung, don’t-“ Minho muffled, struggling to break from Key's grip. Key may seem more feminine than the average girl, but he's as strong as any other guy.

“Jealous?” Jonghyun smirked. "It's just the ID."

Minho clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. “Ugh, you’re annoying.”

Jonghyun stared at Minho. "If you hate her so much, you don't mind if I take her right? I'm pretty sure Manager will understand."

Minho, Taemin, and Key were dumbfounded and watched Jonghyun as he walked away towards the car with a silly grin on his face.

Minho gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. "Do whatever you want..."

Key looked at Minho and smirked. "This will be interesting.."