Don't even...

What. You Love Me or Something?

“JULIE! CHUNG HO!”

Julie and Chung Ho, Jane's parents looked ahead and saw the Choi family.

“Mr. and Mrs. Choi!” Julie smiled.

“Wow, Jane, you dyed your hair brown? Looks good!” Mr. Choi complimented. Jane looked around and noticed that Minho wasn’t around.

“Where’s Minho?” Jane asked.

Julie wanked Jane on the head and glared at her. "How rude. Say thank you first."

Minho’s parents looked at each other and chuckled.

“He’s at home. Sorry he couldn’t make it. You’ll see him soon enough!”

Jane’s face lit up at the thought of seeing Minho.

Julie wanked Jane on the head again. "Well?"

"Ow...thank you for the compliment Mr. Choi...gosh mother. I was going to say it."

Julie smiled and patted Jane on the head. Jane thought about Minho and she was excited to see him again.

Being the only mixed student in her preschool class resulted in her being bullied and she was labeled an outcast due to her blonde hair which she inherited from her mother. The only person who didn’t mind her appearance was Minho.

“I like your blonde hair. It’s pretty!”

The other kids would laugh at her hair, saying it was strange that it wasn’t black or brown like all the other kids’ hair. Minho, however, was different. He would protect her from all the bullies. He would also share his food with Jane if she didn't feel like eating the vegetables her mom packed for her. As time went on, more people accepted her appearance, all thanks to Minho’s lecturing. Not only was he her first friend in school, but he was also her first love. Of course she wouldn’t dare tell Minho that since she was scared it would ruin their friendship.

“You guys ready for dinner?” Mrs. Choi asked, asked she petted Jun's head.

“Most definitely!” Jane smiled.

“Is that Minho?!” Chung Ho asked Mr. Choi.

Jane looked over to the TVs in the airport and saw Minho on the screen. A music video was playing and girls started to gather around the TV and were yelling "SHINEEEEE!" towards the screen.

“They look like idiots talking to the screen like that...but I didn't that know Minho became singer” Jane asked, stunned.

“More like rapper, but yes, his group SHINee made their debut in 2008. They were the cutest things. They grew up really fast though. Hehe, a lot of things happened during the 8 years you were gone,” Mrs. Choi smiled.

Jane stared at the screen and smiled. She wasn’t surprised that Minho was famous. He has the talent, not to mention the looks. “He is pretty amazing.”

Julie caught a glimpse of her daughter’s gaze and smiled to herself.

“LET’S EAT!” Julie said, hoping that her daughter will see Minho soon.

 

When they arrived at the Choi’s household, Jane jumped on the couch.

“AH! I miss this thing!” Jane laughed as she reached over and reclined the seat.

“JANE WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT PLAYING AROUND IN SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE?!” Julie asked.

Jane pouted, "you said I could play all I want if we got home, but where’s Minho?” Jane asked Mr. Choi.

“I tried calling him…he’ll be here.”

“Don’t idols have dorms though?” Chung Ho asked, loosening his tie.

“Well, the school year is about to start, so Minho is staying with us for the time being."

"Sophomore in college right?"

"Yep, same as your daughter's."

 

When dinner started, Minho didn’t show up. Jane waited but before she knew it, dinner was over. Jane decided that she would wait till he came home.

“You sure?” Julie asked.

“Yeah,” Jane smiled. She wanted to see him before she went off to bed and surprise her with her brown hair and catch up on life. It has been 8 years, after all.

Jane waited for an hour.

2 hours.

Then 3.

At 4 hours, it was already midnight and Jane was getting drowsy.

After 4 and a half hours, she ended up falling asleep without even touching her plate.

 

 

“Jane…...Jane..…JANE!”

Jane flinched and woke up with her mom towering over her. Jane looked at the clock and saw that it was 3 in the morning.

“Honey, Minho probably spent the night at his friend's. Eat a little bit and go to bed.”

Jane nodded and sighed. Did he not know she came back? After she finished eating, she went upstairs and the bathroom door opened and she landed on the floor after hitting her head.

“Oh, sorry,” said a deep voice.

“Ow…”

Jane rubbed her face and her vision focused onto a tall, handsome guy. His hair was kind of messy, his eyes were huge.

“Minho?” Jane muttered, squinting her eyes. Minho just stared blankly at her.

"Jane?...Your ha-"

“MINHO!” A big grin fell upon her face as she realized the face that was on the TV screen at the airport hours ago. 

Jane jumped up and hugged him. She was so excited to see him again and she gave him a lecture about dinner. “Where were you? We finally have dinner together after 8 years and you didn’t even show up! I waited for 4 and a half hours. You’re going to pay for that. I lost some good hours of sleep you know? I’m still jetlagged and school is the day after tomorrow! It'll be your fault if I don't pay attention in class! Where were you, hm? It was a pain to – “

“Shut up. Don’t even,” Minho interrupted, forcibly pushing her away, almost causing Jane to stumble over.

Minho turned around and walked to his room. Before he closed the door, he turned around and glared at her.

“I didn’t feel like eating dinner, especially not with you."

Jane's jaw dropped. He knew Minho would sometimes, but..."Hey, isn't that a bit too much? Do you know who you're talki-"

"And make sure when school starts, that you don’t talk to me, don’t walk to school with me, don’t call out my name, don’t talk to my friends. Don’t even look at me. I don't want to see your face." Before he shut the door, he turned around again, "what's up with your hair?” he snickered.

He shut the door and Jane stared at the door dumbfoundedly as her legs gave way.

“Minho…?"

She was dumbfounded and eyes widened to the point where it hurt. Clenching her fists, she tried to gather all her thoughts. The kind, caring, loving Minho who protected her from all the bullies when they were younger, the Minho she fell in love with, just pushed her away. She was expecting him to give him that cheesy smile and say 'Welcome Back', but no. Minho pushed her away without even hesitating, telling her to back off. Jane was confused. Most of all, hurt

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Guise, I don’t know Minho’s parents names. IF I DID, THAT WOULD JUST BE TOTALLY CREEPY. Okay. So, I just left their names as Mr. and Mrs. Choi, so yeah~ ♥ DUUUUDDE, I hate intro chapters the most. SO BORING, RIGHT?! Well, yeah anyways, that shoud give you insight on what's going on. So, yah. Toodles~ 

 

A/N: 05/14/2012 - Corrected some mistakes. I thought I didn't publish this yet...apparently I did. BUT ANYWAYS, I'm working on the second chapter. So yeah ;)