Misunderstanding

What. You Love Me or Something?

 

 

During Lunch, Jane found a place away from the building and laid under a tree. She stared at the sky and tried to ignore the things that were going on in her head. Celebrities at a university? That was something you don’t see everyday. She stared at the sky and thought about Minho as well. She still didn’t quite understand his sudden coldness towards her. She found it somewhat strange that he would act so rude.

“OOOOI! Jane!”

Jane sat up and saw Amber and another girl walking towards her.

“WAAH! You’re Jane?! You’re cuter than I thought!!!!”

Jane was dumbfounded.

“Who…”

“This is Victoria! She’s the leader of our group,” Amber smiled.

“How do you know my name?”

“Amber texted me this morning saying there was a lost puppy,” Victoria giggled, sitting down. “And of course, she’ll tell me what your name was.”

Jane glanced at Amber and she chuckled.

The two of them sat down in a circle and Amber stared at Jane, making her feel awkward.

“Hey, so…you know Minho right?” Amber suddenly asked.

“What. You in love with me or something?”

Jane clenched her fists at the memory of his cold words and sighed. “Used to.”

“Ehhhh? What’s that supposed to mean?” Victoria asked.

Jane didn’t know why the two girls were suddenly all up in her business, but she just wanted someone to talk to.

“Well, he suddenly got all rude and stuff. When I was a kid, he used to protect me from the bullies.”

“YOU WERE BULLIED?!” Amber gasped.

“Yeah…because I had blonde hair. I dyed it, though,” Jane smiled. “I was going to show Minho the new look. But he just cast me aside and told me to ignore him and not talk to him at all.”

“Mm, what did he say?”

“Don’t talk to him, don’t talk to his friends, don’t-“

“I AM GOING TO GIVE HIM A PIECE OF MY MIND!” Victoria snapped, standing up.

Jane wondered why they were being so nice to her even though they just met her.

“You know, maybe he’s trying to protect you,” Amber said.

Victoria blinked and sat back down. “You have a point.”

“What do you mean?”

“Maybe he’s trying to protect you. Since he’s a celebrity and all. People get bullied when they get special treatment from us, you know?”

Jane groaned, “Why are you two talking to me if that happens?”

Jane didn’t have the intention to be rude, but she didn’t want to be bullied again, especially not in a university.

“Because, you’re interesting,” Victoria giggled. “You should talk to Minho, I’m sure he has a good rea-“

“Don’t misunderstand.”

Jane flinched and Amber and Victoria looked at each other with -___- looks on their faces.

“YO! JANE!”

Arms wrapped around her neck and she turned to see Jonghyun. She jumped back and knocked him in the head with hers.

“Ow, no need to be mean.” Jonghyun whined.

“What are you three doing here?’ Victoria asked.

“Hanging out,” Key muttered, staring at Jane.

Key was curious as to why Jane was back in Korea and he also wondered why Minho was so cold to her after all these years.

“Why are you so mean to her, Minho? What did she do to you?” Amber asked.

“Uh…guys…” Jane sighed. She wanted to talk to him herself.

“You’re just protecting her right?” Victoria chuckled. “Don’t act so-“

“I said, don’t misunderstand.” Minho glared at Jane and smirked. “The reason I want you to stay away from me-“

“OPPA!”

“Oh, Krystal!” Key smiled.

Krystal ran over to Key and gave him a high-five. She then turned around and wrapped her arm around Minho’s.

Jane’s eyes widened

“You actually started...Since when-” Amber muttered.

“Like I was saying, the reason I don’t want you talking to any of us is that I don’t want Krystal to misunderstand our relationship. I’ve known you all my life, after all, so…”

The whole group was silent. Key and Jonghyun looked at each other and Victoria gasped. Jane’s hands shook in jealousy and anger towards Minho's stupid reason.

 

Minho apparently has a girlfriend already.