Eventually..

What. You Love Me or Something?

 

Jane waited outside her house and looked at her phone with a frown on her face. It was 12:40 and Amber still wasn’t there. She groaned and threw her head back in annoyance with the thought of Amber texting her late at 2:00 am in the morning.

 

Amber: Hi hiii! Let’s hang out this weekend~

Jane: Don’t wanna. Do you know what time you’re texting me?! I'm going to kill you unnie!"

Amber: I’ll pick you up at 12:30 tomorrow. I want you to meet some people! I don't want your weekend to be looonely~ Byebye!

 

She grunted at the memory and stretched as she sat back in the swing on the porch. Jane and Minho didn’t talk at all throughout the week. They ate their meals separately at home and never looked at each other at school. Both their attitudes worried their parents, but they were grown adults so they didn’t want to barge into their private lives. She covered her eyes and shook her head with a deep sigh. Jonghyun bothered her all week about her “boyfriend” as well.

 

“How’s your boyfriend doing?”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Jane grumbled.

Jonghyun grunted and elbowed her side, causing her to stop.

“Leave me along Jonghyun sunbae-nim.”

“Ew, don’t call me that. Call me Jonghyunnie oppa.”

“In your dreams, pabo.”

“Hehe, you’re fun, Jane shii!”

 

Jane chuckled a little at his silliness. He wasn’t a bad guy, but he was incredibly annoying no doubt. Taemin on the other hand, would just stare at her with the usual cold glare, it seemed a little fake sometimes though, as if he was forcing himself to hate her. She didn’t understand why he acted so rude. Then again, him and Minho seemed really close. Key wouldn’t say much to her. Onew just acted as if she was invisible and didn’t talk much to her either.

 

“They must all hate me, like he does,” Jane told herself.

A silver Chevy camaro pulled into her driveway and she grunted. “Celebrities…”

“Hey! Sorry I’m late!” Amber said in english.

Jane’s eyes widened, taken aback by the sudden greeting as she got into the passenger seat.

“I used to live in the states, too!” Amber smiled.

“Uh huh…” Jane muttered.

"Excited to be here?!" Amber smiled.

Jane sighed in dissapproval.

“Hey, no need to sound so upset!” someone giggled.

Jane turned around and saw Key and Victoria.

“You two…”

“What’s with that?” Victoria pouted.

“Nothing…” Jane said teasingly, glancing over at Key, who didn’t keep eye contact. She turned back around and Amber drove off.

 

They drove over to a huge building with the letters S.M. on it. Jane couldn’t make out what the rest of the words said. She was always terrible at reading and writing Hangul.

 

The inside was cold and the hallways were bright. Everyone stared at the unfamiliar face while Amber introduced her to the couple of people that she herself knew. Jane met some some guys from Super Junior and she met the rest of the F(x) members.

 

“Amber! What did our managers tell you about bringing visitors over?! You always do this!” yelled a voice.

“What I tried to tell her a million times…” Key muttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

A really pretty girl who looked like a doll stared at Jane, who stared right back.

“Amazing. She really is like a brick,” the girl smiled, knowing who Jane was at once. 

Jane's lips parted slightly at the slightly rude, but true comment and Victoria giggled in response.

“I’m Jessica!” the girl smiled, holding out her hand.

“She’s from America,” Amber told Jane.

“Oh, nice to meet you!” Jessica said, in english.

Jane smiled back, still shocked at the godly appearance before her.

“You make the best poker face,” Key said, bluntly.

“Ah,” Jane covered and turned slightly as she blushed in embarrassment. She was terrible with facial expressions and she hated making faces.

“Where you guys headed?” Jessica asked.

“Dance practice,” Amber smiled.

"Where's the rest of you guys?  F(x) I mean?"

"Probably at dance rehearsal or something."

Jane’s head tilted a little bit. Dancing? A groan left at the thought of her dancing. She was terrible at it.

“You dance?” Victoria asked Jane, elbowing her.

“You’ll probably die of laughter if you ever see me dance.”

“Eh why?” Key asked.

“I’m just awkward.”

Key chuckled lightly and Jane noticed that for the first time, he actually gave her a friendly smile.

 

When they got to the practice room, Minho, Taemin, and Onew were dancing inside. It was hot and the three of them were sweating profusely. 

Jane's jaw dropped at their movements. Taemin was hella flexible and damn, those biceps. Jane cleared and saw Minho. He looked a bit awkward since he towered over the other two. And Onew, just seemed, Onew. “This is what you do on your weekends…?” Jane asked Amber.

“Yup. Better to be here than stay home alone right?” Key smiled, before letting Amber say anything. "It's hot in here!" he complained, changing the thermostat settings.

Jane watched Key as he joined the other three. He wasn’t such a bad guy after all.

The music stopped and SHINee's manager applauded.

“Break!” he yelled. "Good job guys!"

“Geez, Oppa. Work on your flexibility more!”

Jane glanced over to the voice and saw Krystal running over to Minho with a towel and water bottle.

“Shut up.“

“You’re as stiff as a log.”

“I’m working on it so shu-“

Minho was cut short when he made sudden eye contact with Jane and he blankly stared at her. Krystal uttered an oops and tried to back away.

“What are you-“

“Hyunggie! You got the last water bottle!” Taemin whined, interrupting Minho.

“I’ll-“

“I’ll go get some more water bottles,” Jane said, giving Onew an apologetic look for interrupting him.

“Ah, Noona you don’t-“

Jane walked out and Taemin stared at the door.

"You don't even know your way around..." Taemin muttered to himself.

An awkward silence broke out and Krystal knocked Minho’s arm in annoyance.

“I did your little game of 'boyfriend girlfriend' as soon as I saw her. You owe me big time in the long run for this stupid game, Minho.”

“Yeah, yeah. I’m sorry. Just for now…”

Krystal sighed to herself, “she’ll find out eventually…”