Assumptions

What. You Love Me or Something?

 

Jane walked around the building. Her feelings were bundled up inside her and she gripped onto her arm tightly. The guy she liked so much cast her aside and was with another girl. Of course she didn't want to tell him to stop liking Krystal. She had no right to.

Jane turned into different hallways, stopping here and there to look at the rooms, trying to avoid all the suspicious glares that were shot right at her. Jane stopped in her tracks when she realized she passed the same hallway twice, or was it three times? She looked around the hall and froze. Her idiot self was lost.

 

“Hey…why did we do that?” Key asked the rest of the people inside.

“Do what?” Amber replied, practicing her dance moves.

“Wouldn’t she get lost?”

Minho's lips slightly parted. “Eh?”

“Ah, really. That's what I was trying to say! Onew Hyung you should have just gotten the water bottles!” Taemin snapped.

“She insisted on doing it! Not my fault if she wants to avoid Minho.”

Minho gave a small "tch.." and gulped down his water in annoyance.

“Ooooh, she’ll get in so much trouble if she gets caught,” Krystal said loudly, getting Minho’s attention. “You know how our companly deals with that type of stuff. Boss will probably think she’s some crazy obsessed fangirl or something.”

Minho cleared his throat and settled his water bottle down. "I need to take a piss..." he told them, running out of the room.

"Disgusting," Taemin sneered.

The people inside giggled.

"Tch...taking a piss....I hate liars," Victoria sighed, shaking her head as she rested her chin on her palm.

“Was that girl Jane?” the manager asked.

“Yep!” Krystal smiled.

“Haa~ I could tell,” he sighed happily. "Minho hasn't changed, ne?"

Minho knew Jane would get in big, BIG trouble if she got caught. He ran around to check the hallways and desperately tried to look for her.  

 

Jane ran into the same hallway again. It was probably the fourth time already. This floor of the building was huge ! She scratched the back of her neck and bit her lip nervously.

“Hey who are you?!” asked a staff worker, who noticed the unfamiliar face when she passed the room he was in, four times.

Jane turned around and saw one of the staff members glaring her down with his arms crossed in disapproval of her appearance.

“I’ve never seen you before!” he snapped.

Jane gasped and stepped back. He looked hella pissed off. She looked behind her just to make sure he was talking to her.

"I'm talking to you !"

Jane whipped her head back to face him and stammered, trying to get the words out of , "Um...I'm lost..."

"What they all say," he sighed to himself, rubbing his temple with his finger and his thumb.

"I'm serious! I got lost and-"

"Alright, I'm taking you out. You better be lucky it was me who got you and not the boss," he snapped. He grabbed her arm and started dragging her down the hallway.

"Hey! Get Amber unnie! My name is Ja-"

“Jane?”

Jane turned around and saw Jonghyun with a towel over his head. He took a shower earlier than the others after dance practice.

“Haha! Look at your face!” Jonghyun laughed. Jane’s eyes were watery and her nose was runny as she bit her lip. "Jonghyun sunbae-nim..." she pouted, after she gave a relieved sigh.

“I hate it when I get lost. Plus that dude is scaring the out of me! He keeps muttering 'obessed fangirls' or something! He's giving me the creeps!"

The man's eyes widened and he huffed in anger. "S'cuse me?"

"Plus I have no sense of direction,” she confessed, sniffling quietly.

Jonghyun laughed and gave her his towel. “Blow your nose, ugly". He smothered his wet towel in her face and she gasped, shaking her head.

“HEH?! You expect me to use that?!”

“I didn’t use it yet!”

“YOU’RE SWEATING LIKE A PIG!”

“I took a shower just now! We take showers after a long day of practice.”

Jane gave a small pout and Jonghyun clicked his tongue as he wiped her cheeks and her nose.

“Groooosss!” Jonghyun laughed as she blew her nose into his towel.

“Ugh, loser,” Jane grumbled.

The man stared at them with the um-i'm-still-here look. He cleared his throat and let go of her arm to get their attention. “You know her?” the staff member asked Jonghyun.

“Yeah,” Jonghyun said, forgetting that the guy was even there.

The man sighed and walked away, “Alright…”

"I forgot he was standing there..." Jane muttered.

“You almost got kicked out!” Jonghyun laughed.

She handed over his towel and Jonghyun stared at it. "Um...keep it. I don't want your snot all over my head."

 

Minho was almost out of breath. He to the next hallway and he saw Jane…with Jonghyun. Jonghyun had a big grin on his face as Jane knocked him in the chest. It almost looked like they were flirting.

“Wha…why…” 

Minho's eyes widened as Jonghyun's threatening words started ringing in his head.

"If you hate her so much, you don't mind if I take her right? I'm pretty sure Manager will understand."

Minho shook his head. There's no way Jonghyun was going to do that..right? Minho started convincing himself that Jonghyun had...higher standards. Jane and Jonghyun turned around to go back and Minho flinched.

Jane’s eyes widened at his presence and she furrowed her brows when she noticed his state. His hands were on his knees and he was sweating and panting like a rabid dog.

“You okay?” Jane muttered, reaching out to help him.

He jerked his hand away and he walked back to go to the rehearsal room thinking it was stupid of him to worry about her even just one bit.

"Of course I am. I just ran around the whole building looking for your no-sense-of-direction self."

Jane blushed in embarrassment and Jonghyun stepped up angrily, “Oi…Mi-”

Jane stopped him and sighed. “It’s okay. You hate me, right? So whatever.”

Jonghyun glanced over at Jane and rubbed the back of his neck and noticed Minho's angry expression at her question.

“Hey…do you have a boyfriend, Jane?”

“Wha-Why do you keep asking me about my boyfriend?” she asked Jonghyun. Her brows furrowed in irritation at the same type of question he's been bothering her about all week.

Minho looked at Jonghyun and closed his eyes, looking away. "I'm going back."

Jane looked back at Minho. He wasn't interested if she had a boyfriend of not, did he?

Jonghyun clenched his fists and turned Jane around. “It’s just that he….....never mind,  you do have one, right?”

Jane inhaled deeply and gave an annoyed sigh. “I do....not,” she said firmly.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened.

“You don’t?!” he smiled, grabbing her shoulders, shaking her in excitement.

His tight grip on her shoulders as he shook her only managed her to whisper a “Yeah..”

His eyes widened and a grin was plastered onto his face as his hands slid down to grab hers. Jane lifted a brow and tried to jerk away from their awkward position.

"Um-"

"We're talking to Minho and we're getting aaaallllll this straightened out. He was assuming things! Did you know that?"

"Assuming what?" she growled, trying to free himself from his grip as he started leading her back to the dance room. "Jonghyun sunbae-nim, please let me-"

"That you have a boyfriend!"

Jane's eyes widened. "What?"

"C'mon."