Two Idiots

What. You Love Me or Something?

 

“Are you ing kidding me right now?!” Jane asked.

“I’m serious. Something about a promise with your hair?” Jonghyun said, his hands still wrapped around hers as he dragged her back.

“Oh…” Jane muttered to herself, looking at her hair in the reflection of the glass doors they passed by in the hallway. “Yeah…”

Jonghyun glanced back at her. “I knew it. Wanna tell me a little something about that? Minho told me about it, but I want to hear it straight from you. What happened?”

Jane’s grip tightened and she grew nervous. Jonghyun sighed, “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t-“

“I’ll tell you......…I’ll tell you…” she whispered.

“Mhm.”

“Before I left Korea. My hair was still blonde, right? I’m guessing you know the whole story of me getting bullied when I was in preschool?”

“Mhm.”

“Yeah, when we were in the airport. I told him I was going to dye my hair brown once I got to America.”

 

“Why? I like your hair blonde!” Minho said, patting her head.

“But it bothers me…... I’m Korean. What Korean person has blonde hair?”

“A mixed person,” Minho bluntly put it. Jane pouted and Minho blankly stared at her. Her gaze fell to the floor as she avoided his eyes and made circles on the floor with her foot, not wanting to leave yet.

He sighed and grabbed her hands with a big grin on her face. Jane’s face flushed and he took in a deep breath. “Let’s make a promise, Jane.”

Jane nodded slowly.

“When you fall in love with someone, you should dye your hair brown!” he teased. “Then when you do, I’ll treat ya!”

Jane stared at him, his silly grin still etched onto his face. She smiled and nodded happily. “Okay!”

 

“As soon as I got back, I dyed it brown”. Jane laughed lightly. “He was the one I was in love with, after all. But after a few years…I ended up actually getting a boyfriend…”

Jonghyun stopped and Jane ran into his back, hitting her nose pretty hard.

“Ow-“

Jonghyun turned around and crossed his arms, letting go of her hand.

“You were two-timing,” Jonghyun muttered.

Jane’s eyes widened, her hands waving in disagreement. “I wasn’t! I wasn’t even dating Minho, you idiot. I wasn’t even sure if I was going to come back either.”

“Did you like your boyfriend? Ex, I mean.”
“I did, actually,” she smiled. “But…he broke up with me.”

Jonghyun’s head tilted in confusion. “Why?”

“Because I talked about Minho too much,” she said, chuckling quietly. “He really liked me and…I hurt him. So we broke up. He knew I still loved Minho…he was supportive about the whole thing, but I still feel bad, y’know?!”

Jonghyun smiled again, thinking ‘they’re both idiots’ since both Minho and Jane had feelings for each other but were too stubborn to ask about it. He grabbed her hand again and led her back.

“Ah, Minho’s lucky!” Jonghyun said to himself. Minho was lucky, he had a girl that was head over heels for him and he had no idea! “Sticking to the one you really love huh…” he muttered. Jonghyun started to admire that part of Jane.

 

“Was I wrong?” Minho asked Amber. His head was down on the table as he pondered deeply about his actions.

“To what?”

“Follow-“

Amber whacked the top of his head again. Minho’s head whipped up and his eyes shot daggers at her.

“LISTEN IF YOU DON’T STOP HARRASSING ME, I WILL-“

Amber slapped both of her hands on his face and gripped tightly. “Listen idiot. No, it was not stupid of you.” She let go and flicked his forehead.

“You jealous Jonghyun Oppa and Jane were together?” Krystal teased.

“Tch, shut it. But what the hell,” he whined, his hair, his cheeks still red from Amber’s hands. “He asked her if she had a boyfriend too. Ugh, the idiot already knows she-”

“Hold up, how do you even know if she has a boyfriend?” Taemin asked.

Minho quirked a brow. “How do you know about all this?” Minho asked. He doesn’t remember Taemin ever being around when he talked to the F(X) members about his life.

“Jonghyun Hyung told myself and Onew Hyung what was going on. Quit leaving me out on all the fun.” Taemin playfully stuck his tongue out at his stubborn hyung and rested his chin over his crossed arms. “So. How do you know?”

Minho covered his face and his ears were red. “I saw pictures…” he mumbled, his voice muffled by his hand.

“You what now?” Victoria asked, vaguely hearing what he said.

Minho’s hand slid down his face. “I saw pictures.”

“YOU STALKED HER?!!” Onew gasped.

“THAT’S NOT WHAT I’M SAYIIINGGG!!” Minho snapped, knowing that someone was going to say something along the lines of stalking.

“Gross,” Krystal grumbled.

“I wasn’t! I was just checking up on her. I saw pictures of her with her brown hair once she got back. So I assumed she ended up liking someone, then a few years later, she had pictures with this dude! I mean, ugh it pissed me off so much! They had countless pictures together! And-“

“I should tell Jane to put her profile on private…” Amber growled.

“Shush. Like I was saying, they were in a relationship.”

“What makes you think they’re still together? You stopped stalking her afterwards didn’t you?” Onew asked.

Minho’s eye twitched and Krystal slapped her forehead. “Idiot…”

 

“Here we are,” Jonghyun smiled. “Ready to tell him?” he asked, turning back to the nervous Jane, who bit down hard on her lip.

“I don't know if he'll-“

“I’m here,” Jonghyun said, tightening his grip on her hand. "He'll understand."

Jane slowly nodded and he opened the door.

 

“HEY DON’T CALL ME AN IDI-“ Minho’s statement was cut short and the room fell silent when everyone saw Jonghyun and Jane walk in, hand in hand.

Minho’s jaw dropped. “Oh no he didn’t…” He then looked at Jane, who was biting down on her lip nervously. "Oh no she didn't....."

Amber’s eyes widened and she stood up, stammering. “YOU!........YOU!......Oh my goodness!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WELL HELLOOO, GUYS :D I thank you all for your undying support and LOOOVE ♥. This fanfic is coming close to its end! :O 

Why? Well, it was my first time writing a fic in a while and I never really intended for this fic to be that long. Can I say...this was more of a warm up? ^____^ I hoped that you guys liked it though. Plus, I came up with another plot/story, so be looking forward to that later on! Thanks again :3