Chapter 9

Holding onto You

Yunho hands Jae and Junsu an invitation.

 

“We all will be pleased if you could come…and pretty much I would like to meet my precious sister…” He smiles at Jae and turns to Junsu. “I believe you have a blind date with her and I hope you really like her…”

 

“Haha, I will try to come…I have a conference during that time…but I will join you guys for the after party…” Jae looked at his calendar on his phone and looks back at Yunho.

 

“Oh…don’t worry…this party will last until everyone leaves…I want my sister to feel comfortable…Junsu…I will see there…”

 

“Yes, I am available and will be there…”

-----

 

“Are you sure this dress appropriate?” She twirls around. “Unni?!”

 

“Oh…sorry, I got lost in your beauty!” She giggles.

 

“Unni! I am ready…so lets just go…”

 

The stage was set and her father was announcing his purpose on the party.

 

“As you all are here to celebrate the welcoming of my daughter’s arrival to Korea…I would like you all to meet my beloved daughter, Yoora!”

 

She came up to the microphone and stare across the crowd.

“Thank you all for coming…I would also like to thank my family for this celebration…and I hope you all take care of me… Thanks again and I hope you all enjoy your time...”

 

She steps down and is greeted by her oppa and unni.

“Miss Yoora...that was great intro...” A man step toward her and starts to talk with her.

-----

 

Meanwhile….

“Junsu, sorry we are going to be late because of traffic…”

 

He looks at the time on his watch and continues reading until they reach the destination.

 

*Lets see how this one will go like…* He steps out of the car and met up with Yunho inside the house.

“I am so sorry we are late…”

 

“It’s okay…she will be done in a minute...she’s on the stage…”

 

He reaches in the pocket to find the present he bought for her, but couldn’t find it. “Oh…I forgot something in the car…”

 

“It’s okay…just stay here, I will get it for you…” His footman suggested.

 

“No, I probably have a better idea where I left it…”

-----

 

Junsu returns to the party and tries to squeeze through the crowds of people. He slowly comes to a stop when he saw someone familiar caught his eyes. His eyes examine her. Everything seems to be in slow motion as he moved toward her. Her smile was the same, her eyes were the same, and her checks blushed the same way as the person he used to know.

*It has to be you…Jin-Ah…Jin-Ah…* He teared a little bit as he got closer and the shock of seeing her again sent vibes throughout his body.

 

Just then, he feels a hand on his shoulder and Yunho looks at him.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Oh…yah…” He turned around to face him withdrawing from the view of her. “I am okay…I just need to…” He looks back and she disappears.

 

“Lets go get something to drink…you don’t look so good…” Yunho directs him to the food table.

-----

 

“Unni, I will be with Yoochun for awhile…”

 

“Okay…come back soon…there’s someone waiting to meet you…” Ji Hye says as they both leave.

 

They went to a private place. He wrapped one his arm around her. “Look…” He hands her a brochure.

 

“It looks amazing!”

 

“Thanks to you…I want you to be a co-owner of the restaurant...just come and decorate the place whenever…” He smiles and looks at her.

-----

 

Meanwhile…

 

Jae rides through the streets and while stopping the car at the stop light, he looks at his watch. He then glances at his wedding ring while turning to the GPS system, he notices was almost to his destination. He thinks about the ring again and Ah-na reappears into his mind making him smile. He pulls to the parking lot.

 

As the headlights hit her, the light made her reflect a beautiful angelic presence. He stares at her and he abruptly stops the car to caress the girl that’s been haunting his dreams.