Chapter 5

Holding onto You

He stares out at the water.
“Jeju…island…” She came next to him. “I…can’t believe we are here…”

“It’s rather enjoyable…if you think about it…”

“Boh?” She turns her head to face him.

“Beautiful…”

“We had a lot things to think about when we were stuck home…we could all release our stress here…”

“About the wedding…”

“Yes…they also told me that they weren’t going to come because they had something to do…”

“Eh?”

“You must be mad at me…huh?”

“No…”

“There’s something I want to let off my chest before anything else happens…do you…love me?”

“Boh?!” He widens his eyes. “Jin-Ah…”

“Why can’t a girl say it first, huh?” She turns her head to face his. “Are you shocked? I just kept it in for the longest time…I want to know if we should go through with this wedding…that’s all…”

“I can’t say I love you…but…”

“But…what?” She sits on the sand and he then sits down with her. “I am an idiot…I knew that this will not last…it’s too good to be true…Jae, you don’t have to answer that question…I want you to think about it…”

“I…”

“Tell me what we doing…we don’t even love each other…why are we doing this?” Her tear falls onto her checks. “You don’t love me…how am I suppose to live like this?”

“Jin-Ah…I have strong feelings toward you…”

“It’s not strong enough to have a wedding…and to leave the one you really love…”

“But we have to get through this wedding…”

“No, we don’t…” She clears . “But don’t worry about the wedding I am going to be there waiting…if you decided to start new…we should see other people…I mean you have to leave Shina and find someone who is more…truthful and loves you for you are…so I’m returning home…I’m leaving you here to think hard about what you are going to do…if you don’t come I will understand…”

She gets up and walks away. *I am finally letting you decide for yourself…so you will be better off…no regrets…* She continues to cry and grabs her suitcase to the airport.

Lost in thoughts, he was motionless. *What do I do?* How could he love two women at the same time? *Jin-Ah…I’m sorry…I just don’t know what to do now…* He clamps his fist together and let out a shriek.
-----

She opens the door and looks at him.

“Junsu?” She looks at him in confusion. “Why…”

“Nothing…just miss my two important people…”

“Oh…” She hides her face and turns to the other direction.

“Why are you here? Aren’t you suppose to be with hyung?” He steps closer to her. “Huh?”

“Oh…” She wipes her tears away and walks to the stairs.

“Are you okay?” He stops her.

“Yeah…just let me go…”

“No…I don’t why you here, but…”

“Let me go…”

“No…”

“Junsu…”

“Jin-Ah, you been crying?”

“Just leave…”

“No, I want to know if you are okay…”

“If you want to know then…I will tell you…” She looks at him with watery eyes. “It hurts…Junsu, it hurts to be in love with someone who does not love you!”

“Come here…” He hugs her as she sobs in his shoulder. “Please, don‘t cry…”
-----

“Shina…I’m sorry okay…it’s time to call it off…”

“Ya, Jae! You are breaking up with me?!”

“Yes, I finally realize who I was looking forward…”

“Jae!” Her annoying scream made him hang up. “Jae?!”

He was thinking all week about Jin-Ah’s confession and smiles. “Soon, you will know how I feel about you…I made my decision to be with you forever because I do truly love you, too…”
-----

*Today is my wedding day whether I will be with him or not…at least…I could finally move past all the troublesome feelings I had…* She looks out to the water crashing on the rocks below. “Ah, so relaxing…” She stands on the end of the cliff.

“Jin-Ah!” She heard her unni calling her. “Ya!”

“Young Unni!” She runs to greet her older sister.

“How are you?!”

“I am doing great…”

“Where’s Jae?”

“Oh…Jeju…”

“Oh…lets go get lunch…araso?!”
-----

“Boh?! You are so mean! Joon…said he loves you!”

“Aigoo, he’s too young to understand what he saying…”

“Ya, I believe him…it’s a real! Unni, I am so disappointed in you…”

“Ya, you want me to accept him?”

“You know how long it’s been for him? Joon has waited for you for a long time…”

“Aish, change the subject…” She giggles and looks at her little sister.
-----

“Ya…Junsu, why don’t you answer your phone? Call me back…” He left a message for his little brother and was rather excited about his wedding today. If Jin-Ah would have stayed, they would come together on that day to get ready for it, but he was alone. He hands in his ticket.

“Your id please?” The woman looks at him.

“Oh…” He searches himself and could not find it. “Sorry, but I don’t have it with me…can you just let me by this time?”

“Sorry, but it’s strict procedure…”

“Okay…”

He walks to a seat and starts searching his luggage for it. *Aish, why now?! I must of left it in the room…* Just then, he was approach by a group of men. They grab him and threw him into a van.
-----

“Ya…wake up…” She embraces him on the face.

“Shina?”

“Surprised? I was too when you told me that you wanted to break it up…” She grins at him. “I am so sorry for cheating on you, but you know…I want nobody to have you cause you were my only way to be rich and glamorous…”

“Ya! What do you mean?!”

“Oops…Jin-Ah didn’t tell you…what did she tell you to make you break up with me, huh?” She expresses an irritated face. “She slept with you? Talk something into your mind?”

“No, she is not like that!” He struggles to get up from the chair he was tied in.

“Ya, that’s why you are so easy to manipulate…Jae, if I can’t have you…nobody can, araso?!” She draws a hand gun out. “And she will get what she deserves…right?”

“Ya, what are you planning to do?!”

“Oh, Jae…stop being stupid…of course, I am going to kill her…too bad she did really love you…only if you knew…” She smirks at him. “I am going to get to her first and you know the rest…so you are going to be here as long as I take getting to her…araso?!” She leaves him behind.

“No! No! What do you want?!”

“Isn’t it too late for that?!” She stops and answers him.
-----

“Where is that guy?” Junsu looks at his watch.

“It’s okay…if this is what he chooses to do, then let it be…” She ensures him with a frail smile.

“But…”

“No, I told him…already…Junsu…it’s okay…”

“He better be here…” He circles the room and sits on the cushion seat near the window. “Are you okay?”

“Yes…don’t worry…”

More hours passed, she sitting there wishing that he would come, but time was running out. Soon, she realizes that the day have turned dark. The place was wild, everyone was going around asking where the groom was. Many left because Jae’s parents and her parents refused to cancel the wedding. Shortly, every person that attended went home. She was still thinking of how could she start over again with the love that she couldn’t let go.

Her older sister came in with food.
“Jin-Ah, could you at least eat? You haven’t eaten anything today…”

“Young…help me get out of the wedding dress…” Her heart was hurting so bad and she was so weak from not eating anything.

“Sure, but first…eat, araso?” She raises a sushi piece. “Maybe, he just got caught in some trouble…”

“No…he made it really clear…he doesn’t love me…he wants to start over again…”

“Just wait a couple of days…he will be here…” Her unni helps her up and she suddenly collapse. “Jin-Ah! Jin-Ah?! Ya, someone out there help me!”
-----

She wakes up in the hospital room and glances around.

“Jin-Ah, you finally awake?”

“Young?”

“You fainted…because you were too weak…what did I tell you?”

“Unni…”

“You have to eat first…araso?” She starts to feed a bowl of congee to her. “Don’t worry…we are looking for Jae…”

“Unni?” She abruptly hugs her older sister. “Unni…I loved him…” Her tears again flows down her cheeks. “I…” She starts to choke up. “I…still love him…even though he…didn’t come yesterday…I am an idiot, huh?

“No…no…Jin-Ah, don’t cry…” She pats her back.

He quietly closes the door and forms a fist. *Hyung…why?*
-----
One week passes:
“We locate her…she is heading down to the airport…”

“Ya, ambush them…take her to the cliff…you know?”

“Yes…” He hangs up the cell phone and stops the car in front of the car that she was in. He pulls his gun and randomly starts to shoot at the driver, and then to her parents. “Get out! You!” He pointed at her.

“Why?! Why did you do this?! Omma! Ahpa! Ya! Omma, you okay?” She hug her omma in her lap. “Omma…please say something…”

“Omma is sorry…I love you…Jin-Ah…you and your sister…” She raises her bloody hands to dry her daughter’s tears. “Next…lifetime, araso? Don’t cry…be strong…” She became unconscious and died.

“Ahpa! Ahpa! Omma…is gone! Ahpa don’t leave me!” She clutches her ahpa’s hand. “Ahpa…”

“Jin-Ah…Ahpa loves you, too…we shouldn’t force this marriage on you…make you cry so much because of it…” He smiles at her. “Jin-Ah…”

“You have to live to see your grand children…in the future…that was your dream, Ahpa?!” She couldn’t stop crying. “Ahpa…talk to me…”

“I’m sorry…not this lifetime…Jin-Ah…when you do have one after another…make sure you come to see us…my lovely daughter…don’t blame yourself too much…love yourself more…Ahpa…will always be watching over you…bye…Jin-Ah” The life in him slowly faded away.

“Ahpa! Omma! Let me go! Omma! Ahpa!” She was immediately drag by the men and placed in the dark van where she cried her heart out.
-----

“Poor thing…you must be sad about your parents, huh?”

She looks up. “Shina?!”

“Yes…”

“Why did you do this?!”

“I couldn’t let you be with Jae…you know…he really did love you, but something held him up…he’s probably on his way here now, but too bad…he will be too late…”

“You killed them!”

“Yes, you will be joining your parents soon!” She withdraws the gun with a flashlight and points at Jin-Ah. “Jin-Ah, tonight will be your last night!”

“Shina…” She tightens her grip on the wooden fencing blocking the big drop down the cliff. “Shina…”

“Bye…” She shoots a bullet through her shoulder blade and another one through her upper stomach. Shina then proceeds to push her off the fencing, but she fights back. “Ya! Just fall!”

“No…I must…” Due to wounds, she was too exhausted to fight back and lost her grip making her fall into the water. The waves crashes in as she tries to swim, however it carried her to the near by rocks injuring her head.
-----

“Oppa! I think I caught one!” She lifts up her fishing pole.

“Don’t lie to me!”

“Ya! I’m not!”

“Let me see!” He takes the large flashlight and shines it close by.

“You see anything?!”

“Ya…wait…I think I see something…” He shines it in another direction and gasps. “It’s a person!”

“Well…help them!”

He jumps in the water and rescues her.

“Oppa?!” She helps him bring the girl in the yacht. “She’s not breathing! Hurry do CPR!”

“Okay” He performs on her and she coughs starting to breath again.

“Look at her wounds…somebody tried to kill her…” She grabs the towels near her and covers the wounds with it. “We have to take her to a hospital quick…”

“But the nearest one is on shore…we don’t want to take her there…the people or person that harmed her might be still there looking around…it’s dangerous for us…and her…”

“Then take her to omma’s clinic! Hurry!”


OMGosh...i was frustrated with this chapter...