Chapter 6

Holding onto You

She arrives home with blood still on her hands.

“Ya! What did you do to her?! Shina?!” He grabs her shirt up.

 

“What I told Jae what I was going to do…” She starts to cry. “Jae must only love me, okay?”

 

“No! Where is she?!”

 

“She’s gone…do see this?” She raises her hands. “This is her blood…” She grins at him. “Now, there’s only me and him…”

 

“You have gone crazy…”

 

“Jae was going to leave me…I had no other option!”

 

“The police are coming…”

 

“I don’t care! It’s all over! I got what I wanted!”

 

“You killed them!” Young came out of her car. “You ! You killed my family! Omma, Ahpa , and Jin-Ah!”

 

“Yes…I did…” She starts to laugh . “I killed them!”

 

“Ya!” She slaps Shina’s cheek. “You! Killer!”

-----

 

The banner read “Hwangs’ Funeral”.

 

“Jin-Ah Noona…” Joon clinches his hands together and prays for her. After he prays he went to the room where Young was crying. “Young…please stop crying…”

 

“I can’t…” She starts to sob again. “I have nobody…”

 

Just then Jae busted in the room.

“Where is she?!”

 

“Hyung, calm down…” Junsu held him back. “You need relax…before we could tell you…”

 

“No!” He spots a picture of her on the stand. “Jin-Ah! It’s not true, huh?! Junsu? It’s not…” He cries in anger.

 

“Jae…we couldn’t find her body…Shina wouldn’t tell us where is it…but it definitely true that she killed Jin-Ah” Joon looks at him. “We don’t know where Noona is…and how she is…”

 

“Ya! Stop lying to me!” He falls down and starts to hit the floor with his fist. “Don’t lie to me…she’s not gone!”

 

“It’s true…” Junsu comforts him and they cry together. “Jin-Ah left this letter before she was going to Japan…”

 

He tears the envelope and finds a ring with a cross necklace.

“Dear Jae,

I am sorry for wasting your time. I kept on hoping that you would feel the same way about me. I was selfish and I want you move on with no strings attach. So from now on, just pretend like we don’t know each other. We were in two different worlds. I am leaving and I will never return that will be better for us.

P.S. Remember to find someone who loves for you are…

Sincerely, Jin-Ah”

 

[Flashback]

 

“What’s this?” She looks at him.

 

“Oh…it’s a gift…it was mine, but it’s yours now” He helps her put it on. “I will always protect you…come on, I was really sorry about last night…I overreacted…”

 

“Sure…” She smiles and pinches his arm. “Does that hurt, huh?”

 

“Ya!” He grabs her and swings her around.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

His tears wet the paper and he starts to choke up. *I don’t deserve you…*

-----

 

“How is she, omma?”

 

“Yunho, she just had two bullets removed from her body…and her head was badly injured…”

 

“Omma…will she be okay?”

 

“Yes, she seems to holding on quite well…”

 

“That’s good…” Yunho glances at his sister. “Ji Hye…lets go check on her…”

 

They went in the room and look upon her.

 

“Waah…she must be in pain…”

 

“Yeah, I hope she will be in better health when she awakes…”

 

“How can someone do that to her?”

 

“There are many evil people out there…”

-----

 

“I want my unni! Or Oppa!” She threw her spoon at the nurse. “You hear me!”

 

“Ya…ya…Yoora…I am here…” She enters the room.

 

“Unni bought you some good food…”

 

“Oppa?”

 

“He had work to do at the company…”

 

“Unni, how long was I in coma?”

 

“Been several months now…”

 

“Ya…how come I don’t remember anything…”

 

“Yoora, you were in a terrible accident…”

 

“Really?…then I don’t want to remember the past…”

 

“Good…then shall we eat…”

 

“Sure! But once I get out then we must visit Oppa…he’s always busy…” She smiles and pick up a piece of fruit. “Araso?”

 

“Okay…okay…” She her little sister’s hair. “Get better so we will go to Busan…”

 

“We are in Mokpo, right?”

 

“Yes…”

-----

 

“Boh? You still did not find anything on her? Okay…thanks friend…” He hangs up the phone.

 

“Jae…you have a meeting in ten minutes…” His assistance gave him the binder full of presentations.

 

“Okay…” *I will not give up just yet…I will find you…*