Chapter 4

Holding onto You

“You bake pretty good, huh?” He stuffs another pastry in his mouth.

“Ya…don’t you cook?” She takes another gulp of cranberry juice.

“Sometimes…”

“You probably mean never, huh?”

“Ya, don’t insult me!” He raises the pastry at her.

“You are such a square…” She starts to draw an invisible square-shape frame around his face with her finger in the air. “So…”

“Boh?! Square?” He was ready to throw it at her.

“Yeah…” She giggles and clears .

“Ya! You!” He could not believe what she said.

“Boh?! Just hurry up and finish eating…” She passes by him and pats him. “Remember not to choke, okay? I am really not going to save you this time…understand?”

“Ya!”
-----

She sets a container on his desk and smiles at him.

“I saved it for you…Jae wanted to eat it all…but I hid some”

“Thanks…Hyung…always wanted to learn how to bake…aish, too bad he doesn’t know how…” He opens the container and starts to eat.

“Have you been busy?” She stares at his pale face.

“Ah…a little…” He faintly smile.

“Boh? You look so stressed…how bout you come and join us for dinner?” She leans forward awaiting his answer. “Huh?”

“Alright…on one condition…”

“Boh?”

“You have to cook for me”

“Okay” She laughs.
-----

He breaths in the scent of the dishes and looks at the varieties of plates in front of him.

“Waah…Jin-Ah…you made this all for us?”

“Yes…especially for you…” She puts a pot of kimchi chigae on the table. “You work too hard…”

“Pssh…whatever…” Jae crosses his arms.

“Ya…what’s wrong with you, hyung?” He stares at Jae and then at her. “How’s spending more time together?”

“Crazy…and boring…Junsu, you should come over here often to dinner…”

“I will try…”

“Aish…corny…” He clears his throat.

“Ya, Jae…you have a problem?” She hands him a napkin.

“Ya!” He stands up and all was quiet until his stomach started growling.

“Sit down…stop being so dramatic!” She starts to laugh with Junsu.

He sits down and pouts.

“What’s gotten into you, hyung?” He picks some food with his chopsticks.

“Nothing…okay?!” Jae reaches over to serve her at the same time Junsu does.

“Uh…” She looks at both of them sitting in the middle of the table. “Oh…haha…thank you…”
-----

She grabs the pillow on the sofa next to her and realizes that Jae was scooting over near her. She began to scoot away and Jae continue until they reach the end of sofa.

“Ya!” She stands up to sit on the comfy chair next to Junsu. “Umm…I would like you to come to my birthday party…will you come?”

“Yes, definitely…Hyung…”

“Aish…How come I wasn’t invited?”

“Ya…you are going to be there anyways…” She flashes a stare to Jae. “We are…”

“Engaged…I know!” He pouts and marches upstairs while Jin-Ah and Junsu talked. He could hear their laughter and it did hurt a bit because he thought that he was only that suppose to hear her laugh. *I just can‘t stand it…I can’t control my jealousy…I’m sorry, Jin-Ah…*

“Gushh…I know, right?” She laughs again and looks away toward the stairs. She was lost in thought.

“Jin-Ah? Are you okay?”

“Yeah…what where saying?” Although he repeated it, she could not concentrate on the conversation.
-----

“Oppa…you buy me this?” Shina points to the diamond earring.

“Sure, why not?” He pulls out his credit card.

“Yeah, okay! I will get your stupid ice cream!” She screams into the phone and she stops for awhile to stare at them. *Eh? Is that…Shina?* She follows them to the café in the mall and sees them kissing. *Ya…I thought that Jae and her was still seeing each other…I know so…he told me and I could have sworn he told me that…*

She came home and he rushes over to search the bags.

“Ice cream!!!” He opens it up and starts to eat it. “Don’t even think about eating it! Araso?!”

“Yeah, whatever…” She silently walks over to him setting the bags on the table. “How’s Shina?”

“She’s okay…in fact, we are going out tonight…its been about a month and a half since we seen each other…”

“Oh…” She watches him happily eat. “Do you know…never mind…” She walks into the living room and turns the TV on. *This does not make sense…*

*This is the first time she had asked about Shina…ya, what is up with her?* He continues to gulp down the ice cream.
-----

He hands her the menu.

“Anything you want…I treat you this time…Young Noona told me to visit you…to see how are you doing”

“But…Unni?”

“Don’t refuse…araso?”

“Oh…”

“How come she didn’t tell me?”

“I wanted it to a surprise…aren’t you glad to see your dongsaeng, huh?”

“Of course…Joon, Young regeted you again?”

“Ah, something like that…but I’m going to wait until she say yes…”

“Ya, you are so cute!” She smiles at him. “Unni is very lucky…”
-----

He browses around the room and notices her sitting with another man smiling so sweetly. *Jin-Ah, really?* He is annoyed and starts to thinking of a way to approach her. He suddenly blurted out. “Shina, I got something to do…araso?”

“Oh…okay”

As soon as he walked her to her car, he ran back and marches to the table.

“YA!”

“Jae, what are you doing here?!” Her eyes widen. “Eh?”

“Noona…who…” Lee Joon looks at Jae.

“Ah…this…is Jae Joong…”

“Noona?” He grabs her risk. “Let’s go…”

“Jae, it hurts…” She struggles to get of his grip.

“Ya! Don’t grab her like that!” Lee Joon stands up. “Let her go!”

“And who are you tell me?! Huh?!” He intensified his angry look at Lee Joon. “I’m her fiancé! Boh?!”

“That’s not how you should handle her!” He clinches his fist and raises it.

“Joon…” She shakes her head and leaves with Jae.
-----

“Ya!” She slaps him and he stares at her. “What are you thinking?! That was so…embarrassing! In front of Lee Joon dongsaeng…aish!”

“Dongsaeng?” He follows her inside the house. “Jin-Ah, lets talk…”

“There’s nothing to talk about!” She runs up the stairs and shuts the door.
-----

“Joon, sorry…I…”

“Oh, it’s okay…are you safe?”

“Yes…”

“Are you sure?”

“He probably didn’t mean to…Joon, it’s safe here…” She looks out the window.

“Okay, but you tell me if anything happens, okay?”

“Yes…” She presses the end call and walks to her bed to sleep.
-----

She walks down the stairs and they meet each other at the table. He looks at her as she prepared some scramble eggs.

“I…am sorry…” He utters out. “For last night…”

“Yeah…” She plates the scramble eggs for him and then return to her room.
-----

He checks the mail.
“What is this?” He opens it up and finds a letter from his in laws. “Boh? Trip?” *Aish, I have to ask her to go on a trip with me…the worst time to do it…*

“What’s that?” She asks him.

“Aish, nothing…” He hides it.

“Eh?”

“Would you…you…like to…go on…a trip together?”

“Boh? Ya, is this like some joke…about last night…” She pushes his forehead with her fist. “Aigoo…I forgive you…”

“Ya, seriously…would you go?”

“Huh? Really?”

“Yes!”

“Is there something you are not telling me, huh?”

“Omoni…wants us to go…your parents are going to be there, too…”

“Eh?! Omma and Ahpa…”

“It’s all your fault!”

“So what do you want to do?”

“Of course…we are going!”

*Yay! What do I suddenly feel excited?* He couldn't help, but smile at her.

 

SORRY, IT TOOK SOOO LONG FOR THE UPDATE...SCHOOL *SIGHS*