Darkness Light

Holding onto You

“Can’t you believe it? Close to one billion dollar…” Jae Joong said with a glowing feeling.

 

“I just don’t want Ahpa to know…” Junsu crosses his arm. “And plus…focus on your marriage…”

 

“Don’t talk about it…”

 

“Why? Can’t you see that her parents wanted to be sooner?” He stares down Jae’s expression. “You put everything over her…what is going on? Are you still with Shina?”

 

“Yes and nope…it’s not your problem…I have begun thinking about it recently…”

-----

 

“I do love him…don’t I?” She turns over to the other side of the bed. “Nope…that can’t be true…he treats me so…”

 

“What are you talking about?” The maid rode in with cart. “Huh? You are going to be married soon”

 

“Sure…Tola…you should know for sure…”

 

“Miss, you should be happy…but why are you look so stress out?”

 

“Don’t worry I am not…”

-----

 

“I told you Omma…please don’t let this happen to her…Jin-Ah, she can’t be like this…”

 

“Just because you ran out on your wedding…she has to be married soon…you’re her sister…can‘t you accept it…at least it is not you”

 

“Omma, do you realize that she is forced to do things she doesn’t want to do…” She tightens her grip on her cell phone. “Omma…”

 

“No…she’s not like you”

 

“How do you know? She always has always listened to you and Ahpa…”

 

“We don’t need your opinion…”

 

“Huh…” She ends the call and takes in a deep breath. “Now, I have no more options…”

-----

 

“I…want you to stay with me…don’t go home…” Shina clings onto him. “Please…”

 

“Oh…okay…I won’t leave you…” Jae sits down on the chair.

 

“So how’s the proposition going for you? Billion dollar?”

 

“Oh…well…”

 

“Do we really have to not see each other?” She knows that she was eager to ask that question.

 

“Yes…for now…Shina, you know that my heart will always be with you…”

 

“I know, but your everything will belong to her…why can’t I have you?” A tear fell down her eye. “You know I love you…”

 

“But, you can’t wait for me any longer…so go find another…”

 

“Jae…I can’t”

-----

 

The light suddenly flickers off as she walking to the kitchen.

 

“I can’t see…”

 

The door bell rings and she begin to feel her way to the door. He was standing on the other side of the door just as the lights went off.

 

“I’m coming…” As she came to a small table next to the door, she knocks down a glass vase and then opens the door. “Oh…”

 

“It’s me, Junsu…” He lights up his face with his cell phone.

 

“Come on in…” She steps back to let him in and feels a sharp pain. “Ow…”

 

“Are you okay?” He catches her as she fell.

 

“Umm…my right foot…”

 

“Let me see…” He sets her down.

 

“How is it?” She looks down as he was investigating her foot.

 

“It’s bleeding real bad…aish…I going to take the glass out…”

 

“Okay…can I hold your hand?” She reaches for his hand. “Please…
 

“Yeah…”

 

[Flashback]

 

“Unni! It hurts!”

 

“What did I tell you about going around barefoot?” She looked at her little sister and then at the big splinter in her toe. “Hold my hand and you better not scream no more…be a big girl, okay?” She smiles at her little sister.

 

“Okay…”

[End]

 

“There…did that hurt?”

 

“Nope…thanks…” She was still clinging onto him. “Junsu…thanks so much”

 

“It’s all right…” Just as he gets up, he starts to feel his heart pounding and puts his hands over it. “What’s happening?”

 

“What’s wrong?” She stands there leaning against him. “Hmm…Junsu?”

 

“Oh…nothing…just…can you let my hand go?”

 

“Oh…sorry…did I make you feel uncomfortable?”

 

“No…it’s nothing…I am just going to find the way to living room…”

 

“Wait for me…” She grabs his shirt from behind. “I can do it…just walk…I will follow…”

 

“Where are my manners? I will carry you there…” He bent down for her to climb on.

 

“Thanks…”

 

“No problem…” As he proceeds, he starts to feel it again. His heart was beating again. “Umm…my cell phone can you hold it…”

 

“Oh…yes…”

 

“Okay…let me see…go over here…make a right turn and there is the living room…”

 

“Ummm…can you let me down?”

 

“Yes, of course…”

 

“You…help me a lot…thanks…sorry for making you work…and you should wait until the power is back on before you go…”

 

“Yes…thanks…and let me get a first aid kit for you…wait here…”

 

“Okay” After he left, she heard a noise crawling behind her. “Who’s there?”

 

There was a silence then she sat up and a figure grabs her from behind.

 

“Who are you, huh? A robber?”

 

“No!”

 

“Then who are you?”

 

“Ummm…” As she shoved him off, the lights were back on and that person pulled her down with him. “Jae?”

 

They fell facing each other and he was on top of her.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“My foot…”

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“It was…bleeding…”

 

“Umm…can you get off of me?” She moves to her side.

 

“So…”

 

“I got it!” Junsu tumble down the stairs. “Jae?”

 

“What? It’s my house, too!”

 

“Oh, no…are you still bleeding?”

 

“Not really…thanks, Junsu…” She tries to stand up, but she couldn’t.

-----

 

“Oppa! I…just can’t do it…I can’t move on!”

 

“He told you that he is leaving you? After all these years?”

 

“He wanted me to find another…” She started to sob softly.

 

“Ah, Shina…don’t think too much…maybe it’s for the best…”

 

“But I won’t let him go for anything! Oppa, I want to be with him…forever!” She dries her tears. “How can I let him go? He is so perfect…great career, big money, and a caring heart…”

 

“Aish…calm down…there are lots of fishes in the sea…”

 

“Fine! Oppa, you don’t obviously support my feelings! I will figure out things myself!” She stomps out.

 

“What a hard head…” He shakes his head.

-----

 

“I told you…I am fine, don’t worry about me, okay?”

 

“But miss, you must be careful around the house…” Tola puts her hands before her and bows.

 

“Well, thanks anyways…”

 

“So…are you better today?” Junsu pops in with Jae’s clothes on. “You know…I was surprise that you could bleed that much…”

 

“Sorry, it got all over your clothes…” She sits up and smiles. “So…you look great today…”

 

“Oh…thanks for noticing…” He smiles back. “You’re funny…”

 

“Sure…”  She laughs it off. “Are you okay? You seem to be so happy today…”

 

“Ummm, it’s nothing…I…just found something out, but maybe…never mind…” He sits next to her.

 

“What do you mean?” She puts her hands in her lap. “You have to me tell later, okay?”

 

“Sure…”

 

“Oh…it’s about time for you to go to work…”

 

“Oh…yea…” He exits and waves to her on his way. “Bye…”

 

“Bye…” She lies back on her bed.

 

“You better? Well…just get some rest…” Jae comes in struggling to put on his tie.

 

“No…I’m alright…” She nervously looks at him. “You…know…I can help you…”

 

“Well…” He struggles for awhile and throws it on the floor.

 

“Here…” She stands up and picks it up. “Come here…”

 

“Thanks…” He stood still while she was fixing it and after, he quickly pulls away. “I have to go…”

 

“Okay…” She walks to the piano bench and thinks about the first time they met.

 

[Flashback]

 

“Boh?” She draws back.

 

“Don’t worry…I have someone I like…” Jae looks into her eyes. “Just pretend with me…and we’ll be fine…”

 

“Are sure about that? How can I trust you?”

 

“Look at me…I am telling you straight forward…so come on and start acting like we are talking about something interesting…”

 

“Okay…” She starts to smile. “We have to work something out later…”

 

“We will…”

[End]

 

She had like him for his quick thinking and his naïve looks that he gave her.

 

“…I don’t want to lie anymore…should I just tell him…”

-----