Maybe...Just Maybe 03: Falling In

Maybe...just Maybe (KyuSun One-shot and drabble collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Third installment of Maybe...Just Maybe series.}

 

“The clock’s ticking, Brenda. I can’t…” he sighed as he held her hand in his. “I don’t wanna be a doctor forever. I wanna make a home…with you.”

Sunny observed Kyuhyun as he acted. Although he had always been sufficient and she already applauses him for it—this, right now—what he is showing, is even better than the usual. Strangely more realistic than the usual…

The song number, Seven Wonders continued until it eventually ended. She observed him again.

Now, he just looked so…bummed out.

“Ok, that’s a wrap everybody.”

Oh, good, rehearsal ends.

Sunny followed him to the refreshments at the corner, “What’s wrong? You did great back there.” He started cantering now like he heard nothing, but she matched his pace. She poked him once on the shoulder and he finally stopped. “What’s with you?”

Kyuhyun hesitated at first, but he figured she wouldn’t leave him alone if she doesn’t hear the end of it. And so, Kyuhyun told her.

“I’m just…jealous.”

Sunny tilted her head to the side like a curious puppy dog. “Of what?”

“Of my hyungs.”

“Ohhh, you address them properly, now?” she slightly pursed her lips, forming a small ‘o’.

“I’m serious, Sunny!”

She giggled at his seriousness. “Well, what are you so jealous about?”

“Shindong has Nari, Jungsoo seems to really like Sora and he could openly show it. Donghae and Hyukjae are…” Kyuhyun sighed, frustrated. “I probably sound weird don’t I? I know she’d eventually come and there’ll be a perfect time for that. W-who knows? Yi Xiao might even be ‘her’—there must be some sort of reason why she of all people became my virtual wife.”

Sunny smiled at how this evil genius believes in destiny but continued to listen as he spilled his heart out.

“I know I’d have to work my off while I still can and matter in this business but it’s inevitable that for me to feel like I need her now with me. No matter how occupied or happy I am at work, she’ll always be a different joy. I want her to have the best of me, but what if I find her too late? It would be so frustrating for me if I can’t give her as much as I would have given her right now. But she does come right now; I can’t completely give her my time either.”

She sighed and nodded in understanding.

“I know it’s kind of lame to want that, but…I do. I want someone to care for me, look at me, and only at me—not only because I’m this someone. I want somebody who can be with me even if I end up a nobody when all these right now are gone.”

“What’s up with that?” she interrupted. “You’ll always be a somebody to me.” She smiled warmly at him. “What are friends for?”

Kyuhyun half-smiled, thinking that as a friend, she was just being polite. He pressed on, “How the hell am I supposed to find her?”

“It’s not like you’ll having a hard time. You’re perfect. I thought you knew that.”

“Tss. Of course, I’m not!” He shook his head. “I thought you knew better. You’re such a fangirl.” he playfully patted her head.

“Well, in my case it’s even harder. I’m the one who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter