Cover Girl

Every Breath We've Ever Taken

Jonghyun pulled me along as I yawned, still clueless to where my room was.

After passing several doors and climbing a white flight of stairs, we came to a stop.

Jonghyun smiled, "You must be tired. I told EunMi to call your manager and cancel your schedule for tomorrow."

I smiled in gratitude, "Komawo, Oppa."

He leaned towards me and kissed my cheek. "Goodnight, Lindi. I'll pick you up at noon for lunch." He smiled then left me in front of my door.

I sighed, taking in what could or could not be before me.

What's the worst that could be behind that door?

I took a hold on the gleaming silver doorknob and turned. My breath was taken away in an instant.

The entire room was dark red, practically burgundy. In white, an outline of a string of lotus flowers carried throughout all four walls, complementing the yellow paper lanterns scattered all around.

I found myself searching the walls as I found numerous magazine covers and articles taped up. My face, along with Young-Ju, Hana, Minyoung, and EunMi, was plastered on all of them.

I ran up to the nearest one and read the article aloud:

"The highly anticipated debut of the five-girl group the Romantics was named a success as the girls released their first single Anywhere With You. The single, only out for a mere two weeks has sold over five thousand copies in Korea and another few thousand copies across Asia, claiming the #1 spot on the top charts in Korea, the Philippines, and Taiwan. The music video hit a million views opening week, and the girls looked beautiful with voices to match--"

I stepped back. I debuted? No! I'm an SM trainee! Not a star!

..Wait. I'm a star?

I must have hit my head really hard--Is this some new reality? Is this the future?

Oh, Lord. I sound insane.. But what if that's what really happened?

I ran across the room to a solo picture of me. it looked like a profile that was ripped right out of yet another magazine.

"Lindi Shen, 18 years old, has been voted Most Wanted to be their Best Friend and Best Voice by netizens. Native to the United States, this young beauty shares the same charming qualities as her Unnies in Girls' Generation, Jessica and Tiffany. Lindi claims all eyes as she is one of the few idols that are not single. She finds no shame in walking through an airport hand-in-hand with her boyfriend Kim Jonghyun of the famous boy-group SHINee."

I choked.

"Kim Jonghyun of SHINee?" I read again.

It wasn't a typo.

This relationship was public, and it's adored by thousands of netizens. What happens if I just walk out there, completely lost and clueless like I am now? What rumors would surface?

How could this have happened!!