Stage

Every Breath We've Ever Taken

I got back to the dorm just after eight. Hopefully, the members wouldn't mind that I got back this late without calling. As it is, I don't even know what my own ringtone sounds like, so communication will be strictly face to face for me at the moment. Our manager picked me up from the restaurant where Key and I were without asking any questions. From there, Key and I kept our lips shut to whatever we spoke about. He just promised to explain everything that happened at the photo shoot to Jonghyun. I hoped that he wouldn't react badly especially because we couldn't have helped it in any way.

When I stepped in side with the manager behind me, the girls were sitting on the couch. In front of them was a man, a representative of something I guessed.

"Anyeonghaseyo." I bowed with a smile.

"Oh, anyeonghaseyo, Lindi-sshi." The guest smiled. "Park JinWoo of Music Bank." He grabbed my hand and shook it without any hesitation.

MinYoung giggled, "You guys have met before, JinWoo sunbae."

"Ah, neh." JinWoo nodded. "I just wasn't sure because of the accident--"

"Why don't we fill Lindi-ah in on what we were discussing." EunMi cut him off. "About our Music Bank performance next week?"

"Yeh," JinWoo nodded even harder. He seemed to feel very pressured. His sweaty expression was enough to make me laugh, but I held it in for everyone's sake.

"What's this about?" I asked as I sat down next to Young-Ju. She leaned her head on my shoulder.

"As you know, next week, you girls will be performing Last Kiss on the Goodbye stage."

Well, thanks for filling me in. Clearly, I did not know about that... Aissh, I need to learn these songs! If we're performing next week, that means I have a little over seven days to learn an entire dance and a song, too! This is going to be so stressful. How do the other idols do it?

"Arasso." Some of us muttered.

"But this week," JinWoo smiled. "We're doing something different."

"Bwoh?" I spoke up.

"Next week, we're going to have sort of Throw Back performances on the Special stage." JinWoo explained. "You know: Onew-sshi of SHINee and Jessica-sshi of So Nyuh She Dae will be performing One Year Later from the girls' second mini album. K. Will-sshi and Tiffany-sshi will be performing A Girl Meets Love."

"Arasso." Hana said. "But what does that have to do with us?"

"We were wondering if you girls could sing a song by the Wonder Girls because they are still busy with their overseas promotions."

EunMi looked at each of us before replying. "What song?"

"We're sticking to those mellow love songs, so we were going to have you sing This Time."

"I like that song." I smiled.

"Me, too!" MinYoung grinned. "Unnie, can we do it?" She turned to EunMi.

EunMi sighed, "Arasso. We have to practice."

"Of course, of course." JinWoo began to back out to the door. "Sorry, for disturbing you!" And with that he left us in our living room.

The five of us sat in silence until Young-Ju began to talk.

"Unnie!" I poked me on the side of the head.

"Neh?" I answered.

"This weekend is your birthday! What do you want to do?"

"Bwoh?" I shot EunMi and Hana a worrisome look.

"Aigoo!" Hana started laughing. "It's your twentieth birthday! We need to do something for our Aegyo-Ul!"

I'm still really not used to that nickname... But is it really my birthday? Omo! How could I have forgotten?

"Not so fast." EunMi chuckled. "Jonghyun Oppa probably wants to do something special for her."

"Arasso." The three other girls responded.

"Let's turn in." EunMi stood up. "We have a lot of practicing to do."