Still

Every Breath We've Ever Taken

"Don't be afraid to get intimate!" The ahjussi yelled to me alongside Key. "The purpose of this commercial and photo shoot is to show people that by using Clean & Clear's new facial wash and lotion, your skin will be soft and touchable!" He put his camera back in front of his face while Key and I tried to process his instructions.

"This man is going to start a scandal." Key laughed as he whispered into my ear. "Jonghyun Hyung will not be happy about this." Key brushed his hair out of his face. His marble eyes glistened at me.

I chuckled, "Aigoo. I won't hear the end of it from Oppa."

I couldn't say that the ahjussi was wrong though. He was right, the concept of the commercial was exactly what he had said. The actual filming, however took a couple of hours. I praised the second it was finished. The director wasn't the nicest.

Key and I brought ourselves a bit closer. I put my hands on either of his shoulders while Key set his hands on my hips. My nerves started to get to me when I finally took notice of the lack of space between me and Oppa.

"Perfect!" Ahjussi gave us a thumbs up. "Key-sshi, um, put your face up against Lindi-sshi's cheek."

"Bwoh?" My voice peaked. I could feel the sweat making its way to the surface of my fair skin.

Key sighed and pulled away from me. "Sunbae, Lindi-ah has a boyfriend--are you sure we should be this close just for a photo shoot?"

"Yah," the ahjussi glared at us. "It's one photo shoot, and every second you're wasting by arguing with me about your skin touching is a waste of money."

"Arasso." Key bowed. "Cheusonghamnida, sunbae."

Ahjussi scoffed then brought the camera back up in front of his nose. "Lindi-sshi, please get back in that position with Mr. Kim."

"Neh," I nodded. I grabbed Key's hand and pulled him back. "Let's just cooperate for now. We can explain to Jonghyun Oppa later." I told him in a hushed voice.

He nodded back nonchalantly.

"Ah! Wonderful!" The photographer attempted to say in English. Needless to say, it sounded funny.

"Freak." I whispered in English under my breath.

Key chuckled.

"Alright, that's a wrap!" Ahjussi yelled to the crew. The rest of the workers began clapping. Key and I joined them. "Arasso, let's clean up. Make it Clean & Clear!" He attempted to joke.

Everyone except me and Key started laughing. I let out a nervous chuckle while Key grabbed our things.

"You ready?" He asked as he handed me my jacket and purse.

"Wae?"

"For lunch?" Key laughed. "It might be six o'clock already, but we missed a meal."

I smiled, "Arasso, Oppa."

Key grabbed my hand, and we left for the nearest restaurant.

It was nice spending time with key. When I was a trainee, we only spoke a few instances, so this was a good change for me. Key really knew how to light up the room, and he made me laugh as if it required no effort at all. He really was a good friend.

 

"So tell me what happened." Key told me as he bit into the sandwich that he ordered from the local deli.

"Bwoh?" I swallowed a bit of my own sandwich.

"What happened to you at the studio?" Key explained. "Jonghyun Hyung said Hana-sshi found you on the floor of the dance studio."

"A-ah. Dae." I nodded. "I fell after practicing some move."

"Yeh," Key copied my actions. "What move? Is it that one that you couldn't get when you were a trainee?"

When I was a trainee? OH! That spin kick! Aissh, it's been three years and I still can't get that move?

"Dae," I nodded again. "Going on six years, and I still can't do it."

Key laughed, "Man, I can't believe you debuted three years ago. It seems like only yesterday you first performed on Music Bank on the debut stage."

I blushed. "Yea, it's been so long." I looked down at my soda. "Oppa?"

"Yeh?" He looked up at me.

"Where were you that night?" I asked him.

Key sighed. He put his sandwich down. "Wae?"

"Nothing." I shook my head.

He laughed once. "No, really. Why do you wanna know?"

I shrugged, "Jonghyun said that--"

"Aissh, that man." Key covered his face with his hands. "Did he really tell you that?"

"Bwoh?" I sat back. "You know what it is already?"

Key put his hands down. His face was a bright shade of red. "Aside from your debut," he laughed. "Only one other significant thing happened that night that involved me."

I leaned in closer. "Tell me."

"You know already." Key smiled to himself while avoiding eye contact with me. "This is embarrassing."

"Anya!" I put my hand on his.

Key pulled his hand back. "Jinja? I'd think that finding out that your best friend is dating the girl that you love is pretty embarrassing."

I set a long stare on Key. He didn't tear away, but I felt as if I could have any minute.

"Oppa," I lowered my voice. "I need to tell you something about when I was a trainee."

I wanted to tell him about this situation with Onew. But as Jonghyun's face flashed into my mind, I found myself in an even bigger situation. If I say something to Key about this, what would happen? What would he feel? What would everyone else feel?

And even more so... Do I still have feelings for Onew?

"What is it?" Key leaned in as well. He took notice of the change in my face's expression.

"A-Anya." I shook my head. "Never mind."