Chapter 5: Feelings

My Fallen Grace

Ugh! Why do I always think about him? He keeps ignoring me for the past few days now and yes, it's bothering me. But it's not like he could know about it. I continued with my thoughts until he finally talked to me.

"Hey!" He said with a smile. I don't want to admit it but I guess I miss his smile.

"Hey..." I answered.

"Did you miss me?" What! Did he just say that? I can't believe how thick-skinned this guy is. Of course ....

"No"

"Really? Well I missed you... a lot" I was surprised by his words. Did he really mean it? Or was he just pretending? I do wish it was true. Wait! What am I saying?

"Hey, are you free this Sunday?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I want to ask you to a date" Is he crazy? Does he think it's that easy? No way boy!

"Then again, I think I do have something to do this Sunday" Ha! That's what you get.

"But you just said... Never mind" His smile now turned into a bitter one. Omo! Was he serious about it? Oh well. He deserves it. Thinking I was easy like that.

 

Classes went on the usual and we remained silent for the whole time. I took glances at him once in a while and was surprised when he almost caught me. I looked away hoping he isn't looking at me. After classes I went to the library to borrow some books for my report next week. I asked the librarian for the book's location and went on with my search. I found the book at last but the problem is, it's too high and I'm too short. Sigh. I put on my tiptoes to try and reach for the book. I was surprised when I felt someone behind me reaching for the book also. I turned around to find Jungsoo-shi extending his arm for it. It felt awkward and weird. When he got it, he gave it to me. I thanked him doing a 90 degree bow. He offered to accompany me in finding the other books and I hesitantly agreed, thinking that it would be better to have him around to help.

We didn't talk during the whole duration of our stay in the library; It still felt awkward you know. It was around 4:30 pm when I got all the books I needed. He asked to take me home just to be sure I get back safe. I turned his offer down at first but I then agreed 'cause he kept pestering me and I found it extremely annoying. There were still lots of students in school and as we were leaving, they kept whispering about us. To my surprise Sunny, my sister, was also one of those people.

"Oppa! Unnie!" She came up to us all jumpy and excited.

"Why are you two together?" She asked.

"He's ju---" I got cut off by Jungsoo-shi.

"I'm taking her home" He said with a smile.

When Sunny heard that, she practically went hysterical. Crazy much? She went up to Jungsoo and whispered something to him. When she finished, Jungsoo shook his head vigorously. What were they talking about? Could it possibly be me? I coughed, implying to them that I was still there. I asked Sunny if she wanted to come along but she refused saying that she wanted to give us some time alone. What time alone? It's not like I needed one with him. As we were walking I realized something.

"Do you even know where I live?" I inquired.

"Uhm... yeah" I was surprised by his answer. I stood there in shock and when I got my senses back, I asked him.

"How?" I raised an eyebrow and looked at him suspiciously. I was thinking if he was a stalker or not.

"I went there once when I took Sunny home" Did I hear him correctly? He took my sister home? When? Why? All these questions filled my head once he said that, but you know how I can't ask him those questions. I just continued walking, remaining silent once again. He quickly followed after me. I began to wonder if this guy is a playboy. First my sister, now me. Who's next huh?

When we reached home I said goodbye and turned my back to him. Before I could take a step, he grabbed my wrists.

"It's not what you think. I only took her home 'cause it was already dark and she was alone" He explained. I turned to face him.

"And what do I care?" I scoffed at him.

"Just wanted to let you know"

I turned back, now walking towards the gate. I suddenly felt a bit relieved at what he said and unknowingly, I felt a smile tugging on my lips. Before I entered the house I took a final glance at him. He was still there outside, probably waiting for me to get in. 'Thank you' I whispered to the wind.