Chapter 11: A New Start

My Fallen Grace

Light came through my eyes as the morning came in. I was awake(in my mind, at least) but kept my eyes closed. I was waiting for Taeyeon to wake me up herself, and she did. Her sweet voice wrang in my ears and in my mind. I woke up. The first thing that greeted me that morning was Taeyeon's brightly-lit eyes and cheerful smile. It's a bit unusual but what the heck, I like it. After last night's drama, I couldn't bear to see her hurt anymore. 'I promise you, I'll only make you smile from now on' I said in my mind while looking at her smiling face.

"Good morning" I greeted.

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty" Someone from behind whispered in my ear. I jolted up from my seat and turned around only to find a grinning Eunhyuk along with Donghae and a Sunny just behind them. I was surprised to see them there but thankful also, and in a second I hugged them. I let go as quickly since my body started to hurt.

"That was so gay just now man" Eunhyuk laughed off and so did the rest of us.

"Ah~....." I winced a little in pain. I almost forgot that I am still bruised. At once, they all came to me and asked if I was okay. I nodded a 'yes' to let them know.

 

We are now on the way back to the main site. Donghae and Eunhyuk kept asking if I am really okay or not. Sunny is in front leading our way while humming songs to herself. And Taeyeon? She's at the back, watching us like were some kids playing. I slipped away from EunHae and went to Taeyeon's side.

"You okay?" I casually asked.

"I should be the one asking you that" She said matter-of-factly.

"I'm fine okay. You guys need to stop worrying about me, so just answer the question" I retorted. I looked at her and she did the same, raising her eyebrow at me in the process. She then smiled while nodding her head with a 'yes'.

"Tell me something" I said.

"What will I tell you?" She asked, looking a bit confused.

"Well, what were you thinking when you were looking at us just now?"

She lowered her head then heaved out a sigh. "That..... do I really have to?" I nodded then let her continue. I heard her sigh once again before speaking out. "I was thinking how wonderful it is to see them all so happy. It has been a long time, so I kinda miss it" She stopped for a while to look at them once more before continuing. "They were once my friends too you know. Having with them those corny jokes, crazy pranks, endless teasing and all those other fun stuff. It was probably the best my life had gotten. But a certain thing came up that made me drift away from them, and slowly our friendship died. Now it feels as if we were back to when we were strangers" Certain thing? It was probably Junsu, I bet.

Will she ever let go of her past? I think it's about time that I really do something about this.

"You know something... friendship is a kind of relationship wherein you understand and support each other. A true friend never leaves one's side; therefore, you were never apart. You thought that it was lost but you were just blinded by something. In your case, it was blocked but it didn't die. Truth is, they're just waiting for you to come back. True friendship never dies and you're gonna realize it later. Trust me" I smiled at her. I just hope she will believe what I said.

We've walked quite far now. I could already see camp from a distance. A few more and we're there. When we reached camp, practically everyone was there waiting for us. Sunny greeted them first with a loud cheer, then added Donghae and Eunhyuk. I came in with a wide smile while Taeyeon had her head lowered down.

 

[Taeyeon's POV]

Once we entered the camping grounds, everyone came to greet us. Well not actually 'us' but more of Leeteuk-shi. It made me feel even more alone and unwanted like how I felt for all these years.

"I'm here too" I whispered ever so quietly that only I could have heard it. I slowly backed away from them and headed to our tent for some proper sleep.

"Unnie!" I stopped mid-way as I thought a faint voice was calling out for me. I shrugged it off and continued walking away.

"Taeyeon!" Another voice called out.

Once I heard my name, I stopped and turned around. I saw Hyoyeon and Jessica, both trying to catch up to me. I looked at them with stunned eyes. They stop right in front of me, panting I might add. As soon as they calmed down they looked up at me with worried eyes and Hyoyeon held onto my shoulders.

"Unnie, what happened to you? Are you okay? Were you hurt?" She keeps on bombarding me with questions. Jessica just looked at me with pitiful eyes. "Unnie!" Hyoyeon shook me lightly. I looked at the both of them, and then I laughed. The both of them stared at me, probably thinking something like 'she lost her mind' or 'she's gone crazy'.

"I'm okay Hyoyeon-ah" I said as the laughter faded off. "I'll just tell the story later" I smiled at the thought. It's been a long time since I last said those words. It's been a long time since I got to tell them a story. It's been a long time since.