Chapter 3: Sister's past

My Fallen Grace

I pace back and forth as I anxiously wait for her arrival. I'm not sure if she'll really come but that's what they told me.

 

Flashback

"If you want to know more about her I suggect you find her sister" Eunhyuk continued.

"Where can I find her?" I asked.

"As I remember, after classes she's always at the gazebo in the school's garden. Would you want us to tell her to meet you there just to be sure?"

"Sure. Thanks a lot"

End of Flashback

 

I feel like there's something pulling me into this. It's not like it's my business or anything but I feel like I have to know it somehow. I waited and waited until I gradually lost hope. I guess she won't come. Who will? Meeting a complete stranger in a secluded garden at the back of the school. Just as I was about to leave, a girl came running to my drection.

"Excuse me." She stood in front of me, panting really hard from all the running.

"Are you Leeteuk-shi?"

"Yes, I am. May I know who you are?"

"Lee Sunny, call me Sunny"



[Sunny's POV]

"Lee Sunny, call me Sunny" I answered.

"Are you by any chance···?" He asked me unsure. Why is he? He's the one who called me out here.

"Yes, I am. I heard from Eunhyuk that you wanted to ask me something"

"Yeah but... I'm not sure if you're willing to answer." Then why did you call me out here in the first place?! I would have already gone home with Sungmin by now.

"Would I come here if I won't?" Geez. Wouldn't he have thought of that when he saw me running my out here. It takes a lot of energy to come here you know.

"You do have a point" Of course I do, I always do.

"Okay. I want to know about your sister, Kim Taeyeon. Could you tell me what happened to her?" Taeyeon unnie?! Why would he ask about unnie? Is there something going on between them? It's impossible! Unnie never became close to anyone ever since Junsu oppa left.

"Why do you ask?"

"I thought you'd say that. I don't know if this will count as a reason but... I just want to know. Somehow there's something telling me that I need to know. Somehow..."

I don't know about this. He's a stranger to me but he sounds sincere with his words. Maybe I should tell him. If he could help unnie then it would be better right?. Besides, he's Eunhyuk's friend. I guess I could trust him with this one but I still shouldn't let my guard down so easily.

"If I tell you... could you help me?" I need this opportunity.

He looked at me puzzled, not knowing what I meant. It doesn't matter if he understood it or not. All I need is for him to help me, to help me bring back my sister. He stood there in silence, waiting for me to speak up. I just hope I'm making the right decision. Well, here goes nothing.

"Don't you notice that we don't have the same family name? We don't actually, 'cause she's just my half-sister. His father was our mother's first husband but she divorced him because of my father and I. The divorce was granted and our mother also took custody of unnie. After unnie was taken away, his dad gradually became sick and eventually died. Unnie grew angry at mom and kept blaming her for her father's death. She would've have gone through if not for Junsu oppa. He kept her happy and secured. He protected her and never let anyone hurt her like how our mother did. But... when he left, unnie just lost it. She hated the world so much she disclosed her self from everyone else even to me."

I stopped 'cause i already felt tears forming in my eyes. I didn't want to cry. Especially not in front of a stranger. I was surprised when he suddenly hugged me. He felt warm and comforting.

I knew by that time that I could really trust him. He gives off this feeling that I think unnie would need. I broke off the hug and looked him straight in the eyes.

 

[Leeteuk's POV]

I hugged her when I saw her about to cry. I didn't like seeing anyone cry 'cause it made my heart drop everytime. She broke off the hug and looked me in the eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. I don't want to be the reason of a girl's tears.

"Yeah, it's nothing. Thank you" She smiled gently.

I asked to take her home since it's already getting late and I could see that she's tired. The ride there was quiet. We didn't say a word to each other since we still are strangers. Well, not strangers but more of acquaintances. The cab stopped at a driveway in front of this huge mansion. I escorted her till the front steps and let her go inside first. She was about to go in when she stopped and faced me again.

"I need your help"