Chapter 8: Camping trip

My Fallen Grace

[Taeyeon's POV]

Sunshine came through my windows indicating that morning has come. It was still early so I decided to walk to school. Sunny also woke up early but decided to wait for her Sungmin oppa, but I don't mind. It's better to be alone anyways and besides, Sunny is exceptionally annoying in the morning. I reached the school gates with much time left. I headed to my locker and to my surprise, I saw Jungsoo-shi waiting in front of it.

"Good morning!" He said happily with that dorky smile plastered on his face.

"Cute" I mumbled.

"Hm?" He asked, looking at me bug-eyed. He looks cute. Ah! Kim Taeyeon, what are you saying?!

"Oh, nothing" I closed my locker and looked at him straight in the eye.

"Look" I heaved a deep sigh before continuing "I hope you won't misunderstand what happened yesterday. I already told you, it was an accident. Don't think as if it meant something"

His smile quickly disappeared after my last sentence. I started heading for class before the bell rings. I looked behind and saw Jungsoo-shi just standing there in the same spot looking disappointed. I felt a bit guilty of what I said. I called out but he didn't respond, so I went to get him.

"Hey, we got to go before classes start" He looked away from me. Oh, so now he's back to avoiding me? Real mature.

"Don't be such a child. Let's go" I grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him along. When I held his wrist, I felt a sudden happiness in my heart. At that moment, I was regretting what I had said to him. Oh great! Now I'm bipolar.

"Uhm... Taeyeon-shi, could you please let go now"

I was too deep in my thoughts to even realize that I was still holding his hand, well wrist actually. I quickly let go of it and continued walking, keeping my head down. I was afraid he would see me blushing. Yeah, I know I'm blushing 'cause I could feel my face burning up from embarrassment.

We reached the classroom and I quickly took my seat. I thought I was already safe from him, only to remember that we sit together. The teacher came in and discussed about the outdoor trip next week. She said that we're going to have a 3-days and 2-nights camping trip. It was one of the few school trips that I look forward to, next to the MT that is. At least I won't be seeing my mother and uncle for a while.

 

-One week later-

I checked my things first before going out. Today is already the day of the outdoor trip and to tell you honestly, I can't wait to get out of here. Sunny and I went there together. With all the stuff we brought; it's impossible not to take the car. When we arrived, I saw a crowd of seniors waiting at the front gates. I went through the crowd, looking for my bestfriend Sooyoung. Although I'm like this, I still have a bestfriend you know. When it comes to her, I change completely. She's the only person I could be myself around, the old me.

I looked through the crowd, trying to find Jungsoo-shi. I saw him laughing and having fun with his friends. They were my friends too, but that was a long time ago.

"Yah, where are you looking at?" Sooyoung asked me. i quickly turned my head for her not to notice, but it was too late. Yep, she saw me, and considering her personality she'll probably bring us close to each other.

She kept asking about who Jungsoo-shi was, but I just shrugged her off, avoiding the topic. But of course, her persistency won over. Since I kept ignoring her questions, she dragged me all the way to them to get the answers herself.

"Good morning!" She greeted. They too greeted her with their best smile on. I miss them a lot. I haven't talked to them since three years ago. There I started remembering the past.