Chapter 6: Coincidence

My Fallen Grace

I woke up early to prepare my things for today when Sunny came knocking at my door. She asked why I was packing my things and I told her that I was going out. Believe it or not, I wasn't lying when I told Jungsoo that I had something to do this Sunday. I only realized it yesterday that I need to go to the cemetery today to visit my father's grave in Jeonju. I go there at least twice a month to see how my father's doing. I took my bags and went away not even bothering to say goodbye.

The 3 hour bus ride felt long. I hate times like this when I travel alone to my father's grave, it feels so lonely. It makes me remember the past when I would visit Jeonju with him. I turned my attention elsewhere to divert the pain I'm about to feel again. It has been three years since then but the pain in my heart still remains. I know that I should've forgotten it a long time ago but I realized that I still can't.

The bus finally came to a stop and I quickly got off of it. I looked to my side to familiarize myself once more of the surroundings. A gush of wind blew through my face, it feels so nice. I can feel the cool summer breeze still lingering. Since the cemetery wasn't that far away from the bus stop, I decided to walk. When I found my father's grave, I placed the flower boquet in front of it and knelt down.

"Appa, how are you? Me? I've been fine" I said. Although I couldn't talk to him personally, I'm still happy that I can. We talked about a lot including Jungsoo.

"Appa, is it wrong to like someone?" I asked. "Because I think I'm starting to like him already but I don't know if I should or not. After what happened with Junsu, I don't think I could anymore but with him, it seemed possible. Appa, please help me. I feel so confused right now" I started to cry. I feel so alone. I wish appa was here to comfort me.

 

[Leeteuk's POV]

At last I arrived; Good old Jeonju. The air feels so refreshing, I love it. I was supposed to bring Taeyeon here if she agreed to my invitation 'cause I heard from Sunny that this was her hometown. I had another reason to come here; It is to visit my parent's grave. I started walking towards the cemetery then straight to my parent's grave. I laid the flowers down and sat on the ground.

"Omma. Appa. I'm here. Weird right?" I started. "Wait for me up there okay? I woudn't take long here, I promise" After my visit, I went back. When I was about to leave, I saw a familiar face also heading for the exit. I went closer and when I was sure it was her.

"Taeyeon!" When I called out her name, she turned around. I was right! I came up to her and asked her why she's here.

"I told you I had something to do today didn't I?" She said matter-of-factly. I guess she wasn't lying then. I asked her if she wanted to have lunch together and she agreed.

 

[Taeyeon's POV]

He asked me for lunch and I agreed; I was getting hungry anyways. We went to a nearby restaurant and ate there. We were waiting for the food to arrive when

"So what were you doing here?" he asked

"As you saw earlier, I was visiting my father's grave" I answered. Isn't obvious enough? Pabo-ya.

"What about you? What were you doing here?" My turn to ask. It's not like I really wanted to. I was just naturally curious. Hey, it runs in the blood.

"Remember when I asked you out on a date?" I looked up for a while trying to remember. "I was going to take you here"

"Why?" I asked because usually when a guy asks a girl out on a date it would usually be at a park or to a moive or something like that.

"Because I heard from your sister that you once lived here" Sunny told him? Yah! Is she an information center! Park Jungsoo, you really know your way.

The food finally came in and we started eating. Mmmm. It's so delicious. I missed eating here so much. Then again I remembered, the time when Junsu and I would eat here after we visit my father's grave. I started sniffing; Tears already forming in the corner of my eyes. I guess Jungsoo heard me since he asked why I was crying.

"It's nothing. You don't even need to know" I said in between sobs.

"It's okay, you can tell me" He looked at me with sincere eyes. I told him why and he just nodded his head, saying that he understands what I'm feeling. I cried even more. I hate it! I hate how I seem so submissive to him. I promised myself that I wouldn't let anyone see the weak and vulnerable me. I hate it!

I looked up and saw him smiling at me. I stopped and looked at him. Although he brings out the weak side of me, he somehow makes me strong and hopeful. I like it.