Chapter 10: Night out

My Fallen Grace

"Jungsoo-shi! Park Jungsoo!" Taeyeon yelled at the top of her lungs as she shook Leeteuk awake.

The latter has been unmoving for a while now since their fall, and Taeyeon has been frantic since. Leeteuk finally began to move and slowly opened his eyes, groaning in pain. He tried to stand up but his body wouldn't let him. Taeyeon, in return helped him to. He looked so worn out; slightly tampered clothes with scratches on his arms.

"Jungsoo-shi, are you okay?" Taeyeon managed to speak up as she held Leeteuk up.

"I'm fine. Don't worry" Leeteuk replied with brief smile.

"No you're not. Look at you"

"If you already knew, then why did you ask me in the first place?" Leeteuk shot at her while letting out a laugh. Taeyeon slapped his arm in annoyance. "Ouch. Hey that hurts you know"

"Yeah, it should" She said then looked away from him.

 

A few minutes passed and two realized that it was already dark; they were also nowhere to be found. In short, they were lost. They tried to scream for help, hoping someone, anyone could hear them. The night grew even darker and colder, which became the worst for the two. Imagine spending the night at a cold and dark forest, sleeping uncomfortably on the ground or beside a tree with no beddings nor blankets.

"What do you suppose we do?" Taeyeon asked. Leeteuk looked at her and sighed heavily. "Yah"

"I guess we have to spend the night here. I mean we don't have a choice do we" Leeteuk answered back. Taeyeon nodded in response and then heaved out a deep sigh.

 

Hours passed by and there they were, still in the same place as they were once before. The night grew longer but both seemed to not be sleepy. Leeteuk in particular looks like he has a lot to ask Taeyeon but just couldn't bring himself to. Taeyeon noticed and asked him about it. "Do you have something to say?" She looked at him expressionless.

"Oh. Nothing" He answered a little bit surprised.

"If you have anything just say it. I'm willing to listen"

"Okay. Do you think a person deserves a second chance?"

 

[Taeyeon's POV]

"Do you think a person deserves a second chance?" I was taken aback by what he said. Second chance? I guess they do. A person is a person still.

"Well yes. We're all humans after all. We all deserve that"

"Then are you ready to give yourself a second chance?" I remained silent. "With me?" I looked at him wide-eyed. 

"I know here is not the best place to confess but... I like you. I know your story and I understand. If it was me I would get hurt also, but it's not a reason to exclude yourself from everyone else" He stopped for a while to look at me and began again. "There are people who are not really meant for one another. No matter how much you think of it. No matter how much you trace back time, nothing will change. Try opening your heart for other people, he is not the only one out there"

His words caught my attention. I admit, I was struck by what he said. Am I ready for a second try? Is the pain gone? Or is it still here? I asked myself these questions. I know I must move on, but it's not that easy. It never is.

"You say it as if it's so easy. I tell you it's not, especially if you have experienced it twice in your life. He might no longer be here but the memories we had and the pain that I felt when he left..... it's hard to erase" I spat back raising my voice a little. My eyes are already stinging from the forming tears, so I looked away.

"I'm sorry if you took it that way, but that's not what I meant. What I meant was..... if you would give me a chance, I would help you to forget him" He explained.

Tears were still falling from my eyes, but I wiped them away and managed to look at him. He looked straight at me, sincerity clear in his eyes. "Can I trust you?" I mumbled out. He nodded his head in response. I didn't know what came over me, but I just suddenly hugged him.

 

[Leeteuk's POV]

I was surpised when she suddenly threw herself at me, yet I wrapped my arms around her body. Does this mean that she's saying yes? Well, hopefully she is. Right now she's asleep, head resting on the trunk of the tree. I brushed away the strands of hair that was obstructing her face. Even when asleep, her beauty still glows like the moonlight, whose now shining through the empty spaces of the forest. The wind blew past us, and I could see her squirming in her place. 'Maybe she's cold' I thought. I took off my jacket and placed it on her. I stopped for a while to admire her beauty and by instinct; I slowly leaned closer and kissed her forehead. I whispered in her ear, "Good night Taeyeon-shi"

 


 

FINALLY UPDATED!!!! :D I'm sorry if I haven't updated for a long time, been too much busy with school stuff. Right now is our vacation so I THINK I would update more often.

 

Also, I finally have a poster. YEY!!

Credits to my good friend, Sunnyjjang. Thanks friend :))