Chapter 1: Seatmate

My Fallen Grace

"Alright class, settle down. I have an announcement to make." Our teacher, Ms. Park , said while coming in.

An announcement? Well whatever it is, as long as it doesn't concern me then I don't care. I sat at my desk, bored of waiting for my teacher to finish, when suddenly a boy entered our room. A new student maybe?

"Good morning everyone. My name is Park Jungsoo but please call me Leeteuk instead. I'll be your new classmate starting today so please take care of me." The boy flashed a smile at us. I can already see the girls falling in love and the boys ringing with jealousy.

 

[Leeteuk's POV]

 

So here I am, Seoul High School. I wonder if I'll be able to find her.

"Please take your seat Jungsoo-shi"

"Yes ma'am"  I searched the room for an empty seat and luckily I found one. I sat on the chair beside a girl who clearly doesn't want to be bothered by me or by anyone.

"Uh... Hi! I'm Park Jungsoo"

"I know. you just introduced yourself in front of the class earlier. No need to repeat it." I could sense a bit of annoyance in her tone. Nice job Jungsoo, way to start your first day.

 

After 3 hours of lecture, the bell finally rang. I was about to get up from my seat when 2 guys came up to me.

"Hey, you're the new kid right?" The taller guy began to speak.

"Isn't it obvious enough stupid" The other guy said, tapping the taller guy's head lightly.

"I was just making sure you know, no need to hit me"

"Sigh. Anyways, Hi! I'm Lee Hyukjae but just call me Eunhyuk"

"And I'm Donghae, Lee Donghae. Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too" Finally! My first friends.

"Would you mind having lunch with us later on?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Not at all. Actually, I'm very much happy to join you two"

"That's great! We could also introduce you to the rest of the group" Donghae exclaimed.

 

Breaktime's over and everyone scurried back to their seats. I silently watched as the room began to fill up agan. I looked to my side and remembered that I still don't know her name yet. I would've asked earlier but she was too busy taking down notes so i decided not to disturb her anymore.

"Excuse me but may I know your name?" I started asking hoping that she would answer back.

"..." No response. Just as I thought.

"I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you or anything but I just want to know your name. You already know mine but I still don't know yours."

"..." Still no response.

"I mean, I'm going to be with you for the next year and it would be hard i··· " I was cut off by her voice.

"Taeyeon"

"Huh?"

"My name's Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon"