The Ending to Loneliness and Sadness

Theres a Beginning, And an Ending to Everything

Eunhyuk got up and walked into Donghae's house, leaving Donghae outside alone. He picked up the remote laying on the couch and pointed it at the television, pressing the power button so the television would turn on. He sat back on the couch and stared at the television but he didn't pay attention too it. He couldn't stop thinking of that question.

Are you truly happy? It repeated in his head, he always answered saying "Yes, this is true happiness", but after sometime, it became harder to answer, making Eunhyuk hesitate with his answer. But, he still always answered "Yes, I'm happy here with Donghae".

Are you truly happy? It repeated again, Eunhyuk bit his bottom lip as he thought of an answer. This time, nothing, he couldn't think of an answer at all. He wanted to say "Yes", but he couldn't bring himself to say that, he felt that it was a lie.

"Are you alright?" Donghae had his hand on Eunhyuk's forehead causing Eunhyuk to jump, he was so lost in thought that he didn't even hear Donghae come inside, or even sit down next to him.

"I'm fine." Eunhyuk faked a smile at Donghae, but he didn't fall for the smile.

"What's wrong?" Donghae asked again.

"Nothing." Eunhyuk shook his head and continued to smile. Donghae sighed and stood up from the couch, looking down at Eunhyuk still on the couch he smiled. Donghae walked towards the kitchen, but was stopped once Eunhyuk spoke.

"Donghae, what does it feel like to be happy?"

Donghae turned around and saw Eunhyuk was leaning forward with his elbows resting on his knees and his hands together, he was staring at his hands with a sad expression.

"Like you want everything to stay like this forever, you don't anything to change, for time to time to freeze so the moment can last forever." Donghae walked over to Eunhyuk and sat down next to him. Eunhyuk smiled and knew the answer now, he could answer it with ease at last.

I am happy, I know now. I'm finally happy, thanks to Donghae. Eunhyuk turned his head to face Donghae, he smiled and kissed Donghae. They held the kiss longer, but now tears slowly started to escape Eunhyuk's eyes, sliding down.

But... why do I feel like this is it? Like this is the end? Eunhyuk cried as the kiss continued. Once they broke the kiss Donghae held Eunhyuk tightly.

Shouldn't I be happy? I am with Donghae, I love him, and he loves me... but I don't feel happy like I should, I feel sad... Eunhyuk cried more.

"Eunhyuk," Donghae called, he loosed his hold on Eunhyuk a little, he smiled at Eunhyuk making Eunhyuk become more calm.

"Everything has an ending." Donghae spoke so calmly, he spoke as though he was answering Eunhyuk's question in his head. Donghae stood up from the couch and took Eunhyuk's hand in his, helping Eunhyuk off the couch he walked upstairs into his own room with Eunhyuk behind him.

"Donghae, what do you mean?" Eunhyuk questioned as he sat down on the bed, he felt tired even though it was still morning.

"The beginning has passed, now the only thing left is the ending." Donghae answered as he laid down on his bed, he patted the spot next to for Eunhyuk to lie. Eunhyuk stared at Donghae for a minute or two before finally going over to him and lying down, wrapping his arms around him.

"Everything comes at a price," Donghae said, Eunhyuk closed his eyes he felt like he was going to fall asleep, but he didn't want too.

"Nothing lasts, dreams, wishes. Even if they come true, they'll end at some point." Donghae added, these words were what Eunhyuk use to say all the time.

I did have a wish, I didn't know it until I met you. I wished for happiness, I wanted to be happy for once in my life. Eunhyuk opened his eyes and smiled at Donghae and kissed him.

Now I have you, and I'm happy... so does this mean, that it's the end? I got my wish, but wishes don't last. I did have one more wish, to stay with you... will that end too? Eunhyuk didn't want his time with Donghae to end, he wanted to stay like this forever. One they released the kiss Donghae smiled at Eunhyuk and spoke.

"I love you Eunhyuk, I always will." Donghae whispered in Eunhyuk's ear, Eunhyuk smiled and replied.

"I love you too." Eunhyuk closed his eyes with a smile.

"Good bye Hyukjae. I love you." Donghae held Eunhyuk tightly.

"Donghae, what do you mea goo-" Eunhyuk opened his eyes, but he cut himself off when he didn't see Donghae anywhere.

"Donghae?" Eunhyuk started to panic, he quickly got up from the bed and looked around, but Donghae was nowhere to be seen. He ran out of the room.

"Donghae?!" Eunhyuk yelled, tears started to quickly slide down his cheeks. He had searched the whole house and Donghae was no where, he ran out of the house while screaming for Donghae. He froze when he made it outside and saw the park, he saw himself sleeping on the bench with Donghae walking over to him. Donghae woke the sleeping Hyukjae and began to talk with him.

"Donghae!" Eunhyuk ran over to Donghae on the bench, he ran and opened his arms to hug Donghae, but once he closed his arms to hug Donghae, he didn't feel anything, he opened his eyes and saw no one there. He cried and screamed loudly.

"Why?!! Donghae!!" Eunhyuk fell on his knees.

"There is a beginning, and an ending to everything." Donghae's voice was heard, Eunhyuk looked around but saw no one.

"Donghae..." Eunhyuk whispered as he looked around.

"We've had our beginning Eunhyuk, that day when we first met. Now, all that is left is the ending." Donghae hugged Eunhyuk from behind.

"Donghae!" Eunhyuk quickly made Donghae let go off him and turned around, he smiled while crying at Donghae, he hugged the man in front of him.

"Don't leave me again!" Eunhyuk cried.

"I love you Hyukjae. But now, since the beginning as passed, it's time for the ending." Donghae whispered in Eunhyuk's ear.

"Donghae, please don't leave me..." Eunhyuk cried, when he got no answer he looked up and cried loudly when he saw no one.

"Donghae!" Eunhyuk screamed, he opened his eyes and looked around, he was laying on the bench at the park outside. It was dark out, looking around for Donghae he saw no one. He opened his phone to call Donghae but felt tears slide down his cheeks as he stared at the phone.

"No..." Eunhyuk closed his eyes and opened them again, but it didn't change. The date on his phone said April 10th, the same day he went to work that day, the day he fell asleep on the bench at the park and was awoken by Donghae.

"No... It couldn't have all been... just a... dream..." Eunhyuk cried loudly.

 

Eunhyuk was at work, he was putting the books away on the shelf when Yesung came around the corner.

"Hyukjae, I have more." Yesung placed more books next to Eunhyuk.

"Thanks." Eunhyuk smiled at Yesung and placed those books in there places. Yesung smiled at Eunhyuk.

"I don't know what happened, but I'm glad your smiling more Eunhyuk. I'm glad to see your happy for once."

"Thanks Yesung, it's thanks to one special person." Eunhyuk smiled wider as he remembered Donghae.

"Who?" Yesung asked.

"Someone special, that I'll never forget, even if I never see him again." Eunhyuk replied as he continued his work. Yesung walked away with a smile and left Eunhyuk there.

 

It's when three months since Eunhyuk had that dream, the dream that changed everything. Even if Donghae was just a dream, he still loved him and was happy to have met him. He now knew happiness and was happy at last, all thanks to Donghae.

 

Thank you Donghae, I'll never forget you, never.

There is a beginning, and an ending to everything. But I'm glad to have been with you for the little bit of time we got, even if it has ended. Thank you for showing me what it means to be happy, to love someone, to trust someone. And thank you for showing me that dreams and wishes can come to true. Thank you for everything you've done for me, and for staying by my side, even when I pushed you away. I love you, from beginning to end.

 


And now it's over. ^_^ I've been writing this chapter for like 3 hours. XD But it was worth it. =) I hope you all enjoyed the story and the ending! Thank you for reading!

 

Henry(MoonGlowes),