Step One

Secret Whispers

 

Step One
Rating: PG
Genre: Fluff (?)
Summary: Kibum had always loved the beautiful view from where he worked. 
 
 
___________________________________________
 
 
 
Kibum has been working in the mornings in a small coffee shop around town for about a year now. He had always been pleased working there since it was a peaceful place were no one bothered him. But what he liked most about working there was that the coffee shop was in front of a pretty little park with plenty of large green trees and beautiful flowers. 
 
The view was perfect in his eyes, and every morning Kibum would always enjoy watching people sitting down in the grass while they read a book or just seeing people lay down as they watch the clouds past by. He could sometimes hear giggles and laughs, and for some unknown reason everything made him calm.
 
After a year watching the same scenery over and over, Kibum never got tired of it, especially after one morning when he saw a handsome man, he hadn't seen before, jogging around the park. That man took Kibum's interest in less than a second, and he inwardly hoped he would see him once again. 
 
And he did. 
 
A few days later, Kibum saw him early in the morning, jogging, and he was very delighted to see him. Kibum looked outside the window and studied him closely. He saw how the good looking guy tried to keep his breath steady and how his silky brown hair would sometimes cover his view while taking large steps forward. 
 
He noticed the handsome man had stopped suddenly in front of a wooden bench, right across from his window, and sat down resting from too much running. The handsome man looked up, and Kibum caught his eyes looking at him. Kibum suddenly flinched, and he quickly grabbed his white cloth from inside his apron, and made himself look like he was cleaning a stain on the window, trying to perfectly avoid any eye contact. 
 
After a few seconds Kibum heard the bells chimed from the door, and he looked up to see the attractive man standing in front of the counter, waiting for his order to be taken. Kibum cleared his throat, and took his order trying be calmed in any way possible while hiding his obvious flushed cheeks.  
 
Three months had past by, and there he was, the perfect man, sitting across the coffee shop, listening to his ipod with his eyes closed. 
 
Kibum always felt he was in heaven just by looking at him, all calm and with no worries. After three months, Kibum started developing a small crush on the handsome man, but he never had the courage to even speak to him nor even look at him properly without blushing. Kibum has never been shy before, and that feeling was foreign to him. He knew he was falling for him.
 
But it was enough for Kibum to just look at him everyday in the mornings while the gorgeous man ran around the park at seven a.m. sharp, and an hour later he would rest at the same bench across from coffee shop. He would then stand up, strech, open his eyes, and he would look at Kibum with his gorgeous smile, and just wave at him. 
 
Kibum would smile back and he would show him that his morning coffe was ready. The man would cross the street from where he was, open the coffe shop’s door, and say his cute “Good Morning”, and Kibum would answer him with a shy smile. Kibum would hand him the cup of coffe, and the man would give him the dollar and fighty-five cents, and say, “Thank you, see you tomorrow”, and he would leave. 
 
Everyday was the same routine, a routine Kibum memorized deeply, and he will never get tired of it. With just that, Kibum knew his days would always be filled with warmed and happiness.
 
It was weird, Kibum thought. He didn’t know anything about the guy, not even his name, and somehow without noticing, he started to have feelings towards him. Was it his smile? The wonderful body that he had? His lovely deep voice? He really didn’t know. The only thing that he did know was that every time he saw him, he felt thousands of butterflies in his stomach, and that everyday he would wake up ready to go to work, just to see him. 
 
Kibum had hoped that one day he would be able to talk to him, and he promise himself that today will be the day.
 
Nervous? Yes, he was. 
 
Kibum saw how the beautiful man stood up, streched, and opened his eyes, he looked at him, and Kibum showed him that his cup of coffe was ready. He crossed the street, opened the door, and said, “Good Morning” like always. 
 
Kibum stared at him, forgetting to smile, determined to at least ask what was his name, but words wouldn’t come out. Kibum was struggling and he thought the man noticed. He still hadn’t given him his coffe, and he heard him say, “Are you okay?” and with that the only thing that came out of his mouth was a low “Sorry.” as he stared down at the counter. Kibum handed him the cup of coffee, and the man gave him the dollar and fighty-five cents.
 
Kibum didn't dare to look up at him anymore, but for the first time, after three months, he heard him say "Thank you, see you tomorrow Kibum." 
 
Kibum's eyes grew wide, it was the first time he heard his name come out of his mouth, and he abruptly looked up only seeing him opening the door, ready to leave, but before he did Kibum heard him say, "My name is Jinki by the way." and he waved goodbye, leaving the place.
 
Kibum was happy, too happy to me exact, and he knew that maybe not today but maybe later on he would have the chance to get to know him better. It didn't matter how long it took, he had plenty of time to wait. 
 
He was just glad the first step was done.
 
Step one: Knowing each other's names.
 
    
_____________________________________    
 
 
Hi! Sorry for not updating soon, I had been busy lately.
I hope everyone enjoyed this, I wrote this a year ago when I was beginning to write fan fiction, so the story is bad written. Sorry about that.
I have two small stories left, and then I'll probably won't be updating soon after that. 
Thank you for reading!
 
Have a nice day!