Good Bye My Love

Secret Whispers

 

Good Bye My Love (One-Shot)
Genre: Angst
Rating: PG 
Summary: Kibum wants his heart to stop hurting, and he thinks that the best way is to say goodbye to the love of his life.
 
 
 
______________________________
 
 
 
“Let’s stop!”
 
“Hmm?” he looked at me with curiosity.
 
“Let’s stop being friends.” I said determined, trying to hide all the pain inside me. I looked at him and I knew I took him by surprise.
 
“What are you talking about?” he became serious immediately.
 
It was hard for me to say these words again since I didn't want to repeat them, but I said them once again.
 
“Let’s stop being friends, I don’t want to be your friend anymore.”
 
“But why? Did I do anything wrong? We have been friends for a long time!” I felt him getting angrier everytime he said a word.
 
“I am sorry.” I whispered, trying to hold my tears from coming down my cheeks. I turned around, ready to take my first step in order to leave. 
 
“No! Please tell me! You are not leaving here until you tell me!” I felt him grabbed my wrist, stopping me from leaving. He turned me around to face him, holding me tight by the shoulders. 
 
It hurt to do this, but my heart hurt even more. 
 
I had to do this.
 
“Can’t you see? I am tire of being your friend!” I tried to sound disgusted as possibly I could.
 
“That is not a reason Kibum! Tell me! What is wrong? I know this is not it.” I saw him desperate now. 
 
I had never seen him like this before. Did he care about me? Maybe as a friend, but as the love of his life? I wanted him to see me like this, like the person he would like to spend the rest of his life with. But he was with her. The pretty, smart, funny, kind hearted girl that any man would want. They have been together for a long time. He will never be with me. 
 
I saw him looking at me with his beautiful chocolate orbs.
 
Let’s just get this over with. Just hold you tears a little bit longer Kibum.
 
“Kibum?” he said with a low calm voice.
 
“I don’t want to be your friend anymore because...” I paused for a moment, I couldn't hold it any more. I had the urge to tell him what I truly felt, so I blurt it out.
 
“Because.. I love you Jinki!” My tears were finally able to come rolling down my cheeks. I brought my hands up to cover my face as I felt Jinki releasing his hands from my shoulders, and stepping back a little. 
 
“I have always been in love with you, since the first time I saw you, and I am sick and tire of you always talking about how much you love your girlfriend, wishing it was me. I hate seeing you with someone else that is not me. I just can’t take it anymore. I am hurting inside!”
 
“K-Kibum...” he stuttered. He really didn't know what to say, he was completely dumbfounded.
 
I let my hands fall down beside me, trying to control my tears. I finally looked at him and he didn't have any facial expression. 
 
He just stared at me.  
 
“I think is best for both of us to stop being friends.”  I said hoping he would say no, that he wanted to be with me, that he had been waiting for this confession to happen. That he loved me and only me and not her. 
 
But he didn't. 
 
“Yes, it is the best thing to do.” he said after a while and the only thing I was able to was nod as I felt my heart crushed into dust, but I stayed strong not wanting to break down again in front of him. 
 
“I am sorry.” I whispered, and with those last three words I decided to take my leave. 
 
I turned around and started to take few steps away from him, but before I could walk further away I stopped and I glanced back at him.
 
“It was nice being friends.” I said, making those my final words to him.
 
I tried to bring a smile to my face, even if it hurt.
 
I saw him nod, and I left the place without looking back. 
 
"Good bye my love." A faint whisper was heard.