Snowflake

Secret Whispers

 

Snowflake
Rating: PG
Genre: Angst
Summary: A year without him was more than just enough.
 
 
____________________________________________
 
 
 
It was a windy night and a cold one too in Seoul. People were walking around doing last minute Christmas shopping, and some were just talking non stop on what had happened through out the day. Some laughing, some whispering, and some quiet, trying to walk as fast as they could to get home soon. 
 
The street lights were bright, and the buildings around me were still full of people getting ready to leave and wanting to finish work the next day. I, for once after many weeks of working, had nothing to do. 
 
I had completed work earlier than usual, so I was here strolling around the city streets because going home to an empty apartment was something that I have never enjoyed, and have tried to avoid for over a year.  A year that I have attempted to stop thinking of him, but it was useless.
 
A year has gone now, and as days passed by I was absolutely sure I wanted him back in my arms.
 
The reason why we separated was never actually clear. I could say it was our small differences that made us go our separate ways, but the more I thought about it the more I knew the answer.
 
He wanted our relationship to take the next step, and I just wanted to stay like we were without any formalities.
 
I was afraid, afraid that by doing it, I was going to lose my freedom and my independence, but thinking it over, the only thing I lost was the love of my life, the real owner of my heart.
 
I remembered every single thing about him, the way he will grin brightly while his eyes would turn into moon crescents, the way he would want for me to wake him up with small pecks and kisses, and how he would just grab my hand and it with his dump because he just felt like it. Just simple gestures like these made me love him more and now after a year, miss him more. 
 
But there was one memory that I have always loved and cherished, the day we promise ourselves to be together forever. 
 
It was a night like this one, the only difference was it was midnight and there were only few people on the streets. We stopped in a corner of a street wanting to cross the road as we were holding hands. I felt our grip getting tighter, and then I heard him speak.
 
"I love you Kibum, and I want to be with you forever." 
 
He was looking at me when I glanced at him. I didn't expect for him to say something like this now, but his eyes sparkled and a soft smile was plastered in his face, and I knew then he said those words from the bottom of his heart.
 
"I love you too Jinki, and I want to be with you forever." 
 
We both smiled at each other and it was inevitable, we both kissed each other in a way of telling each other that we would keep our promise forever. At that moment, snowflakes began falling down, the first snow of the year, making them our witness of our promise and our true love.
 
A tear began to fall down my cheek, and I brought up my hand to dried it with my dumb. I shouldn't have been thinking about him since I made another promise that I should try to erase him from my mind and heart because in the end it had been my fault we were not together.
 
I stopped in a corner of a sidewalk, waiting patiently for the traffic light to turn red in order for me to cross the road.
 
"Hi Kibum." I heard that too familiar sweet voice, and I froze.
 
"How have you been?" 
 
I couldn't believe he was standing beside me after a year without seeing or talking to each other.
 
I looked up, and there he was, standing as gorgeous than ever with that wonderful smile I have always loved deeply. 
 
"Fine." I murmured, and as I spoke, all the feelings that were thrown in a cage with much difficulty, for them to be forgotten, came back without warning.
 
"I am glad." he said, and I stared at him intensely.
 
I looked into his eyes, and I knew we both wanted to say more that just a simple greeting. There was still love in our eyes, but there was still worries and fears.
 
We both smiled at each other, and the traffic light turned red. People starting passing by trying to cross the street, and I saw him taking a small step away from me. 
 
He was leaving me again.
 
I grabbed his wrist, and I don't know what got into me, but I told him what I truly felt at that time.
 
"I miss you."
 
Then I felt it, the cold wet feeling in my cheek. It was not a tear but a flimsy snowflake, the first one of winter. A snowflake that reminded us about our promise that night, a night we would always remember. 
 
And as we looked at each other, we knew that this time it was going to be different.
 
"I miss you too."
 
 
_______________________________________
 
 
 
This is written a year ago around Christmas time.
I completely forgot about this, but I found it yesterday in some random place in my computer. lol!
 
If I don't describe that much or everything is explained really fast in these really short stories it's because I wrote them really quickly planning on later going back and give them some form, but since I never did, that is why they are like that.
 
I know they are not good, but I still hope some of you like them.
 
Thank you to the few that have tried to always comment, I really appreciated.