One True Love

Secret Whispers

 

One True Love
Rating: PG
Genre: Romance
Summary: The only man who Gwiboon loved was a man two years older than him named Lee Jinki.
Warning: het!Onkey (girl!Key)
 
 

 

Gwiboon's love for Jinki started at an early age. Gwibbon was in her first year of elementary school, and Jinki was in third grade. Gwiboon was considered one of the cute adorable girls in her class with her little curly pig tails, and Jinki was the all time cutie boy who liked to sing and play soccer at recess. They were the adorable pair and everyone loved them.
 
Her classmates would always say the looked perfect together, so it was naturally for the naive Gwibbon to think that Jinki and her were a match made in heaven. At that age, Gwiboon didn't think love was too complicated, she never needed a reason for her to like or love someone, she just did. So liking Jinki was simple as the abc's.
 
Since they didn't have class together, the only time Gwiboon could take a small glimpse at the cute boy was in recess. She would sit on the dirty pavement, not caring anymore if she got her pretty dress dirty, and she would watch Jinki play around with the ball as her heart would skip a beat every time he would smile brightly. She would try to watch him every day if she could, completely ignoring her whiny friends that kept saying the sport was boring. She also thought the same thing, and she didn't quite understand it either, but who cared? Her prince charming was playing. 
 
One of Gwiboon's luckiest days was when they unexpectedly became good friends one hot summer day. After school, Gwiboon accidentally dropped her favorite chocolate ice cream on the floor, spilling some on her light pink floral dress. Looking at her melted dessert, she began to whimper softly, clenching on her wavy dress tightly. She couldn't believe she was so careless, but her thoughts were cleared when she saw in front of her a vanilla ice cream, and a small sweet voice telling her to take it. Gwiboon confused, looked to her side, and saw a smiling Jinki standing to her left, still holding the ice cream in place. Little Gwiboon blink twice, and brought her hands to hold on the cone, still wondering if she should take it, but Jinki's reassuring words told her she could.
 
And as they sat in a nearby bench eating their delicious ice creams in hand, Gwiboon could feel her heart beat faster. From that day on they were inseparable, they had become great friends, and Jinki genuinely took care of her. 
 
As years passed and Gwiboon grew older, her feelings for the older were still intact, but there was a day were she doubted those feelings. She thought her feelings towards the older were only childish, that she truly didn't like Jinki other than a friend. She was a little kid when she started liking him, and at that time she didn't know what true love was, so probably she was mixing the true meaning of it. But as time passed she knew she was wrong to think that way. Her heart always knew the meaning of love and to who it belonged to in the end.
 
And as like became love, it became a little difficult for Gwiboon not to show her real emotions, and it didn't help much when Jinki spoiled her all the time, when he kept her secure in her arms, and when he would grin foolishly at her. Her heart would still skip a beat, and the tingle sensation in her stomach would always be there. 
 
She would wonder at nights, before going to sleep, if Jinki thought of her the same way as she did, but she tried to shake her thoughts away, trying not to get her hopes up because she knew one day her heart could probably break.
 
And she was right.
 
The moment she decided to finally confess, it was the day when Jinki came running inside her room telling her that he liked someone from school, and that he was planning on asking the pretty girl out. Gwiboon could literarly hear her heart shatter into small pieces, but she smiled and cheered for him, hiding her sadness and jealousy, because in the end that's what friends are for. 
 
 
 
It was another hot summer day, and Gwiboon was sitting on a swing, swaying slowly, looking at Jinki's back as he bought a milk shake for the both of them in a nearby stand. Both were now university students, and Jinki had broken up with the girl two days ago after being together for almost a year. The reasons why he broke up with his ex-girlfriend was never revealed to her, and she didn't want to asked either.
 
"You are thinking too much lately." Jinki said stepping closer as he gave her the milk shake. 
 
"Jinki..." Gwiboon began as she started playing with her shoes, trying to avoid any eye contact with Jinki, "I love you." she whispered, but she knew Jinki heard her quite clearly. 
 
She wasn't planning on confessing her feelings that day, it just suddenly came out, and then she wonder why she did it. The only reason she could come up with at that moment was because she was just too tired, tired of waiting any longer. She needed to let out all her emotions. 
 
"What?" Jinki asked, bewildered at what she had just said.
 
Jinki knelt in front of her, and Gwiboon looked up with teary eyes.
 
"I love you. You are the only person I have ever loved." she uttered as Jinki looked at her with wide eyes.  
 
"What about Jonghyun or Minho? I thought you like them."
 
"N-No," Gwiboon shook her head as her gaze went to the ground, "I don't... I have never liked them. It was always you from from the start. I wanted to confess sooner, but then you s-started dating her, a-and I saw why I wasn't good for you-"
 
"Stop, don't say that." Jinki said sternly, "Don't ever say that ever again. If you weren't good enough I wouldn't have broken up with her." 
 
Gwiboon looked up surprised as Jinki took her milkshake from her hands and placed it on the floor. He took her hands, and looked into her eyes.
 
"When I started dating her, I started to always compared her to you. I would always think of you, thinking that your hands are softer, your eyes are way more prettier, and your laugh is more addicting than hers. You are better than her, better in my eyes. And every time I spent time with her, I wanted to spent that time with you. I love you Gwiboon, and sorry it took a long time for me to notice." 
 
Gwiboon's tears began to fall down her cheeks as her heart began to beat faster from hearing all the sweet words Jinki had said. She felt her heart flutter from happiness that she found herself kissing Jinki on the lips as she cupped his cheeks. 
 
"Be mine." Jinki said as they slightly parted, lips brushing.
 
"I've always been yours." She uttered as they both looked at each other's eyes, full of love, and shared another sweet gentle kiss.
 
Gwiboon couldn't ask for more, she was happy, delighted to be with her one true love.
 
 

 

Even though I feel like this small story is bad written, I'm really happy to be able to finally share this. It took me more than a month to write this. T.T I've been so busy, and I also started to write more stories (that are not nearly finish), so that is why it took so long. But anyways... hope all of you like it.

Take care, and thank you for all the sweet comments! :D