Stay Strong

Secret Whispers

 

Stay Strong
Rating: PG
Genre: Angst
Summary: He just wanted to forget.
 
 

 

 
"We broke up."
 
"Why?"
 
"I don't know."
 
"But-"
 
"I don't want to talk about this anymore."
 
"Okay."
 
Jinki stirred under the covers, hiding his full body under it, as Taemin let out a loud sighed of disappointment and confusion. He heard his hyung quietly sniffle, knowing the older was trying hard to conceal his sobs. 
 
Taemin, who was kneeling on the floor, reached for Jinki's back. He patted him gentle, soothing him to sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm home!" Jinki yelled as he took of his shoes and placed them neatly on the floor. He looked up to see Kibum, in the middle of the hallway, staring at him with arms crossed and a stern look.
 
"Where were you?" 
 
"Out. With a friend." Jinki answered indifferently at the question, "Why? Do you need anything?" Jinki passed near the blond, without sparing him another glance, and headed to his bedroom. He could hear Kibum's firm steps behind him as he stepped inside his room, placing his backpack on his desk.
 
"You were supposed to be here two hours ago." Kibum said obviously annoyed, and Jinki could feel his strong gaze on him, but he tried to ignore the feeling the younger gave him.
 
"No I wasn't."
 
"Yes you were because it's past curfew." Kibum stubbornly said.
 
Jinki finally looked up at the younger, "I sent Minho a message that I was going to be late, he said not to worry about it, and that he was going to tell everyone. So go talk to him if you are mad because you didn't now." He said simply, not making it seem like he was angry because he surely wasn't. He could never be mad at Kibum, he still loved him.
 
Jinki took off his jacket and his shirt off, not caring if the slim boy was still standing in his doorway. He threw his garments on a dirty pile of clothes, exposing his well built chest, not noticing the small blush on the boy.
 
"Who were you with?" Kibum muttered as he quickly glanced at the floor. Jinki knew he was avoiding looking at his bare chest, and also he was a little insecure about asking such personal question since they weren't together anymore.
 
"Kibum, don't do this again... please." Jinki pleaded, and for the first time he wished Kibum would just leave him alone.
 
"What are you talking abou-?" 
 
"This." Jinki immediately responded, "Still wanting to know about me. It makes me think you still love me." he finally confessed, something he had been wanting to say to the boy for several days.  
 
It had been a little over a month since Kibum had broken up with him one late afternoon. The news was devastating for him since he loved the boy profoundly, and he knew Kibum felt the same way too or so he thought. What bother him the most was that he didn't know the real reasons behind the break up, and in the end, he had to settle down with the only simple phrase of 'I don't like you anymore'.
 
After that day Jinki decided to respect Kibum's decision, so he started to slightly ignore the blond boy. He couldn't do it entirely since they were band mates after all, but he tried not to pay much attention to him only when he needed to. He wanted to use this method for the time being because he just wanted to forget the strong feelings he had inside. 
 
But Kibum was making it hard for him.
 
Every single time he tried to disregard him, Kibum would always come around. The blond would still act like nothing ever happened, and would still act like a caring boyfriend. It completely confused Jinki to no end, and he felt hopeless because all of his emotions for Kibum were still there deep inside him. It was harder to move on than he would have thought, and the boy wasn't even helping him at all. It drove him insane. 
 
"But I just wanted-"
 
"Just stop it already Kibum." Jinki began finally letting all of his feelings out, he couldn't stop now, "It's been a month now, and you still act like you are still my boyfriend. May I remind you that you broke up with me? So stop asking where I am, who am I with, stop staying up late waiting for me, stop doing things for me. You are making it hard for me to forget you." Jinki said trying to hide the pain he felt on his chest, and the tears he was about to let out.
 
"I am sorr-"
 
"Please go." Jinki said without looking up at his eyes because if he did, he surely would have been the one saying I'm sorry to his loved one for saying all those harsh words. 
 
He just wanted to stay strong.
 
"Jinki." Kibum murmured, and he could hear the boy was sincerely hurt from his words, it broke him. 
 
"Please." Jinki pleaded, letting a tear drop on his cheeks as he closed his eyes, "Please." he repeated silently, almost desperately.
 
He heard a small sniffle, and he opened his eyes instantly, seeing how Kibum was preventing himself from crying. His heart ache, and he wanted to immediately hold him in his arms, but he stayed where he was. 
 
Kibum nodded without saying a word and he finally turned around, leaving the dim room. The door was closed with a light click sound that could be heard through out the room, and Jinki could only let his tears fall.
 
On the other side of the door, Kibum could be seen sitting on the floor silently crying and murmuring a quiet, "I still love you."
 
 

 

Yay! It's not fluff this time. ^^ There is more to the story, and I have wanted to finish it completely with a happy ending because I do love my onkey happy, but it's taking way more time than I thought, so I'm just going to leave it as a drabble for now.

Take care, and thank you for reading! :D