Chapter 8: Final

Words With a Hidden Meaning...?

~ Author's POV ~

"Bwoh?!" Eunhyuk stared his phone with his jaw dropped wide open.

The girl across from him looked at him with a worried expression, "Is something wrong Oppa?"

Eunhyuk ruffled his hair in anger, ignoring what the girl just said. Thinking on how to approach the problem, he brainstorm some ideas.

"I guess I'm going to have to explain tomorrow," Eunhyuk muttered to himself. 

Gyuri exited out of her bathroom after she finished taking a shower. She sat down on her bed, sighing to herself in the darkness of her room.

"Gyuri, dinner is ready!" her mother called from downstairs. 

She got up and walked down stairs to the dining room. Taking a seat quietly she picked up her fork and began to eat. Her parents looked at her with a worried expression as they observed her odd behavior. She would usually have a happy expression on her face when eating dinner but now her face was now expressionless.

"Gyuri are you ok?" Mr. Park cautiously asked her. 

"Of couse I am," Gyuri responded as she stuffed with food. 

Placing her spoon down, Mrs. Park stared at Gyuri, "Then how are things with you and Eunhyuk?" 

Gyuri slowly stopped eating and looked at her parents in the eyes, "We have nothing between us now, so can you please don't mention him anymore."

Her parents raised their eye brows, surprised by what she just said, but continued to eat quietly. She finished dinner and placed her dishes in the sink. Walking back into her room, she fell onto her bed, exhausted. The memory of  Eunhyuk sitting with the girl in the cafe kept on popping in her mind, making her heart hurt.

"I'm such an idiot for believing you," tears started to threaten her eyes. 

After crying on her pillow for a long time, she fell asleep. The next morning came by and the birds could be heard chirping from outside. Eunhyuk parked his bike outside of Gyuri's house and knocked on the front door. He waited for a few seconds until the door slowly opened by her mother. 

"Good Morning, Mrs. Park," Eunhyuk  bowed as he greeted her with a polite smile.

Mrs. Park smiled back, "Morning to you too. Do you need anything?"

"Is Gyuri here? I would like to talk to her," Eunhyuk asked.

Mrs. Park frowned, "Mianhae Eunhyuk but Gyuri left school really early today."

"Ah, I see then. I'm sorry for bothering you," he bowed as he took his leave. 

He grabbed his bike and started to ride to school in fast speed. Speeding by the students that were walking and talking, he quickly locked his bike on the bike rack and ran inside the school building to look for her. Asking the students in the hallway if they've seen her, but to only get no for an answer. He then saw Nicole and Kevin walking down the hallway, talking about something. 

"Nicole. Kevin!" Eunhyuk called out in the hallway. 

The two waved at him as Eunhyuk approached them. 

"Have you guys seen Gyuri," he asked them but received a no once again. 

The bell ringed, making all the students disperse from the hallway and making Eunhyuk sigh. He waved good bye to Nicole and Kevin as he walked back into his classroom. Gyuri was sitting in her desk with a blank expression on her face. 

"Gyuri!" Eunhyuk tried getting her attention and was accomplished as their eyes met.

She quickly ended their eye contact as Gyuri turned her attention outside the window. Frowning, Eunhyuk walked towards his seat and sat down. The teacher walked into the classroom and started today's lesson. 

- Lunchtime -

With the bell ringing, it was hard for Eunhyuk to past by his classmates in the classroom with them rushing to lunch. As soon as everyone was out, Gyuri was no where in site, leaving Eunhyuk the only person in the room. He ran out into the hallway to the cafeteria, searching for her. Eunhyuk looked at the table where Gyuri, Kevin, and Nicole usually sit at, but to find it empty. Eunhyuk sighed as walked in line for lunch and went back to his own business. 

"So you were hanging around here huh?" 

Making Gyuri jump a bit, she turned around to see Kevin and Nicole with their lunch in their hands.

"You guys scared me," she patted her chest. 

She ate her lunch in the cool air on top of the school roof. Normal students have ever been on the roof top since only Gyuri had the key to the door. Being the best student in the school, she had some perks. Kevin and Nicole sat down next to Gyuri and placed their lunch on their lap.

Nicole showed an apologic look, "Mianhae."

Taking a bite from his lunch, Kevin cautiously asked, "So what happened yesterday? You usually come here if you have to take your mind off of something."

Gyuri sighed, "Nothing big, don't worry."

Placing her hand on Gyuri's thigh, Nicole gave her best puppy dog face, "Please Unnie, just tell us. We're worried."

"Eunhyuk and I have ended out relationship."

Kevin's and Nicole's jaw dropped in shock as they stared at each other.

"W-wae?!" Nicole asked.

Gyuri flashed a sad smile, "I guess we aren't perfect for each other."

Her two best friends gave each other a look and nodded to each other. 

Kevin patted Gyuri's back and gave a comforting smile, "We understand, sorry if we made you talk about it."

"But you should at least tell Eunhyuk the reason. He's been running around looking for you," Nicole tried to reason with Gyuri.

After thinking about it, she agreed even though Gyuri didn't like the idea of talking to him,"Fine, I'll talk to him after school."

Nicole and Kevin smiled, "Good!~"

Quietly eating lunch and talking a bit, lunchtime was soon finished so they walked back to their classroom. Gyuri was the last one to enter the classroom, making the whole room stare at her. Avoiding eye contact, she quickly walked over to her desk and took a seat. The teacher soon walked into the room and resumed to the lesson.

-After School -

The classmates ran out of the classroom, leaving Gyuri the only person in the room again. Her same normal routine resumed as she walked out of the classroom by herself. Walking past the students in the hallway it was normal for them to gossip amongst themselves, seeing that Eunhyuk wasn't with her.

"Did they break up already?!" "I guess it was too good to be true." "That's too bad, they looked really good with each other."

After exiting the school building, she walked towards the bike racks to find Eunhyuk's bike gone. 

"I guess he already went back home," Gyuri thought to herself.

She made her way out of the school grounds and started to walk to Eunhyuk's house. After walking for 15 minutes, she arrived in front of his house and walked towards his front door. She hesitatingly knocked on the door and waited. The door slowly opened as she faced the person she didn't want to see the most. The pretty fair skin girl was standing in front of him in Gyuri's ex-boyfriend's house. This did not go according to what she planned.

"Hi..um.. Can you tell Eunhyuk that Gyuri wants to talk to him," Gyuri tried her best to hide her angry tone.

The girl's face brightened up as soon as Gyuri said her name, "Omo, you're Gyuri!"

Gyuri nodded with a confused face as the girl quickly grabbed her hand into a hand shake, "Eunhyuk always talks about you so I always wanted to meet you."

"Umm I'm sorry but.. who are you?" Gyuri tried her best to politely ask her without sounding rude.

The girl realized what she was doing, "Omo mianhae. I'm Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk's cousin."

Hearing the word 'cousin', Gyuri's mouth dropped while her eyes grew big. 

"Gyuri-shi, is something wrong?" Hyoyeon asked.

Gyuri grabbed Hyoyeon's shoulders, "I'm sorry but can I borrow a bike?!"

In flash, Gyuri was riding on the bike with full speed, passing people on the side walk. The first thing that popped up in her mind to check was the park near their school. Arriving at the park, she quickly walked over to the tree, where he and Kevin usually talk at after school. Seeing that it was empty, she saw something written on the tree. She remembered that he was writing on it before (Chapter 1), Walking towards it, she started to read the writing on it. After reading it, she quickly ran to the bike that was lying on the park floor and jumped onto it. Gyuri pedaled her fastest and went to her last place that she thinks Eunhyuk could be at. Going up the trails, she was already panting and soon near Eunhyuk's secret place. Seeing Eunhyuk's bike on the dirt floor, she placed her bike next to his and continued to walk by foot. She saw Eunhyuk's back, facing the scenery of LA. 

"WHY DID I HAVE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU!?!" Eunhyuk yelled out loud. 

Gyuri slowly crept behind him, listening to what he was yelling out loud.

"GYURI, YOU MADE ME AN IDIOT!" he continued to yell as tears formed in his eyes. 

She wrapped her arms around his body as her tears formed in her eyes as well, "I guess we both are idiots."

Eunhyuk turned around, surprised to see Gyuri, "Bwoh?"

"I love you.. Please go out with me," tears streamed down her cheeks as she hugged him tightly.

A huge smile formed on his face as he pulled Gyuri's chin up to face him.

He wiped her tears from her cheeks, "Of course I would love too."

Eunhyuk then pushed his lips against hers. 

~ END OF FLASHBACK ~

"Eunhyuk, are you really going to let Gyuri go?" one of his best friends asked.

He and his best friend were hanging out at his house, relaxing and playing video games. 

Eunhyuk assured him, "Of course not, wae?"

"Then why aren't you stopping her?" 

"I don't need to stop her," Eunhyuk smiled as he continued to play the game.

His friend looked at him, "Aish, you make no sense."

Giving up, his friend turned his attention back to the tv while Eunhyuk smirked. Only me and Gyuri know Eunhyuk thought.

While at the airport, Gyuri was waiting to aboard the plane. Giving the staff her ticket, she entered the terminal. After finding her seat, she placed her bag on the floor and started to get comfy. She stared outside the window, taking a last glimpse of LA before she leaves. Of course Eunhyuk and Gyuri were both sad leaving but they knew each others feelings very well. Both Eunhyuk and Gyuri were smiling to themselves as they remembered what was written on the tree: Eunhyuk + Gyuri Forever 


Finally completed it!! I hope you guys enjoyed the story, even though it was really fast and stuff.. -.- I so can not write romantic and sad scenes.. Mianhae!! Do comment on how it was please! I would appreciate some feedback ^^

Saranghae to all my commenters and subscribers for following me till this point. You guys are awesome as usual.. :D

infinite-sungjong-woohyun.gif