Chapter 6: First Date

Words With a Hidden Meaning...?

~ Author’s POV ~

Ring Ring

The bell ringing echoed in the hallways and rooms as if it was telling everyone to get out. The students rushed out of the classroom like there was a fire in the classroom, leaving Gyuri in it. She slowly packed up her stuff and swinging her backpack onto her shoulders. Do I meet up with Eunhyuk at the front gate? Gyuri asked herself but just shrugged to her question. She walked to the door and looked back at her seat to see if she forgot anything. After she finished checking, she pushed the door open and entered the hallways of the school.

“Gyuri!” a familiar voice greeted.

She turned her head to see Eunhyuk waiting outside of her classroom. Gyuri waved at him as he walked towards her.

“Well now that you’re out, why don’t we get going neh?” Eunhyuk smiled.

Gyuri nodded, “Alright then. So where are we going?”

“How many times have you asked me that already?” Eunhyuk rolled his eyes.

“I don’t know, but you said that you would tell me today!” Gyuri pouted as she put her hands on her waist.

“I will, as soon as we get out of school,” Eunhyuk chuckled.

Gyuri started to walk down the hallway, “Pali, I hate not knowing things.”

Eunhyuk laughed at her behavior and grabbed her wrist. Gyuri turned around and look at him in confusion.

“Bwoh?” she asked.

“We have to change into our spare clothes first.”

Gyuri remembered and blushed, “Mianhae, I forgot.”

He chuckled, “Gwechana. First let’s change and then get going, ok?”

“Of course,” she nodded.

They walked to the restrooms and changed into their casual wear. Eunhyuk wore a plain blue shirt and a pair of black jeans, while Gyuri wore an orange shirt that exposed her shoulder and collar bone with a black vest over it and a pair of blue shorts. As soon as they were finished, they quickly exited out of the school filled with students gossiping and whispering about them. Eunhyuk grabbed his bike and they took off.

“So now can you tell me what are we going to do?” Gyuri asked impatiently as they rode down the sidewalk.

Eunhyuk laughed, “Now that we are out of school, yes I can tell you. I want to take you to my secret place but first we need to rent a bike for you to ride.”

“Bike for me?” Gyuri furrowed her eyes nervously.

Eunhyuk nodded, “Wae? Is there something wrong?”

She quickly shook her head, “O-of course not!”

“Good,” He smiled.

Gyuri bit her lip as she thought Ottoke?!

They soon arrived in front of a bike shop named “Kim’s Cycles”. Eunhyuk and Gyuri jumped off of the bike and walked inside. A bell ringed, announcing that they arrived inside the shop.

“Welcome! I’ll be right with you!” a voice from the back of the shop yelled out.

Gyuri looked around the shop while Eunhyuk waited in front of the counter. After looking around the shop, Gyuri stood beside Eunhyuk, who was waiting. An older looking man who was wearing a sweater came out from the back and walked to the counter.

“Eunhyuk! It’s been a long time since you came here,” The man greeted him.

“Yeah it has. How are you Mr. Kim?” Eunhyuk asked with a polite smile.

Mr. Kim rested his hands on the table, “Business has been the same lately, especially with tourist coming around here. So how are you? You haven’t been coming here lately, so I was getting worried that you forgotten me.”

“Ani, it’s just that I haven’t had any time lately but I've been doing good,” Eunhyuk answered.

“That’s good to hear,” Mr, Kim looked at Gyuri, “Now who is this beautiful young lady?”

Gyuri bowed with her famous smile, “Annyeonghassyo.”

“Oh I forgot to introduce her to you, this is Gyuri,” Eunhyuk smiled.

“Eh! You’re Gyuri! My my my, Eunhyuk, you have some fine taste,” Mr. Kim nudged Eunhyuk with a wink. 

Eunhyuk blushed as Gyuri slightly smiled as she covered it up with a cough. “Yah!” Eunhyuk pouted.

“Kidding, but it’s a pleasure to meet you Gyuri-shi. I see that Eunhyuk finally popped the question,” Mr. Kim smiled.

Eunhyuk rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, “Actually, I technically didn’t pop the question just yet.”

“What do you mean?” Mr. Kim asked.

“I’ll tell you about it later. I’m here to rent a bike.”

“Of course, well what kind of bike are you looking for?”

“Any kind of bike that is good.”

“Well ok then, wait for a moment,” Mr. Kim said as he disappeared into the back.

Gyuri tugged on Eunhyuk’s jacket, “I have something to tell you.”

Eunhyuk looked at her with a surprised expression, “What do you want to tell me?”

She bit her lip, “I can’t-“

“Here you go!” Mr. Kim yelled out as he appeared with a blue bicycle that looked like it was brand new.

“How much will that be?” Eunhyuk started to take out his wallet.

Mr. Kim waved his hands, “Ani, it’s free.”

“Are you sure?” Gyuri asked.

“Of course, you two just have fun,” Mr. Kim smiled.

“Kamsaminda!” Eunhyuk and Gyuri said in sync. They grabbed the bike and exited out of the store.

“So what did you want to tell me?” Eunhyuk looked at her, questionably.

Gyuri played with her fingers as she looked at her toes, “I can’t ride a bike.”

“Bwoh!? Chincha?” Eunhyuk yelled in shock.

Gyuri slowly nodded her head in embarrassment.

“Well then, I guess I can’t take you to my secret place yet. First you need to learn how to ride a bike,” Eunhyuk sighed.

“Mianhae,” Gyuri apologized.

“Don’t worry, let’s go to the park so I could teach you,” Eunhyuk suggested.

They walked to the park with their bikes beside them. As soon as they reached the park, Eunhyuk placed his bike and backpack onto the grass, while Gyuri dropped her backpack beside his.

“Now let’s get started!” Eunhyuk announced.

Gyuri hopped onto the bike as Eunhyuk held onto it to make sure she doesn’t fall.

“Now start pedaling, I’ll hold onto the bike just in case if you fall,” he instructed.

Gyuri nodded and pedaled slowly. Soon she got the hang of it and started to go faster.

“You could let go now, I think I got it,” Gyuri said.

“Are you sure?” Eunhyuk asked, making sure.

Gyuri nodded her head so Eunhyuk slowly letted go of her. Gyuri was riding smoothly but soon the bike started to wobble. She started to shake and couldn’t control it. The bike started to lean to the left side, making Gyuri close her eyes as she waited to hit the hard cement. But after a few seconds, she didn’t feel anything and opened her eyes to find herself staring at Eunhyuk’s face.

“Are you ok?”

Eunhyuk saved her just in time when she fell off of her bike. Gyuri was in her arms, one arm around his shoulder while the other around her waist. Gyuri quickly realized in what position she was in and quickly got up.

“Yeah,” Gyuri blushed as she nodded.

“Wanna try it again?” Eunhyuk picked up the bike.

She nodded and jumped on the bike. The same thing happened and Eunhyuk saved her again.

“You know I should get a reward for saving you twice,” Eunhyuk smirked.

“What award do you want then,” Gyuri scoffed.

Eunhyuk started thinking while Gyuri stood next him.

“Ah! A kiss,” Eunhyuk grinned.

“Bwoh! What kind of reward is that?” Gyuri yelled.

“Fine then, you want to pay me 20 dollars instead?”

“Yah, fine then, just a kiss on the cheek,” Gyuri gave in with a pout.

Eunhyuk smiled and leaned towards her, showing his right cheek. Gyuri leaned in and quicky kissed his cheek.

“Happy?” Gyuri blushed.

“Very,” Eunhyuk said with a wide smile on his face, “Now let’s try again.”

Gyuri picked up the bike and hopped right back on. She pedaled and started riding down the cement. This time, she lasted longer but fell again. She was then caught by Eunhyuk again.

“My left cheek feels left out,” Eunhyuk smirked as he made his left cheek visible for her to see, since she was still in his arms.

Gyuri blushed and kissed his left cheek. She quickly got up and smoothed out her clothes.

“This time, I won’t fail!” Gyuri yelled as she jumped onto the bike.

She started to pedal and pedal, soon she was riding smoothly.

“I’m doing! I’m doing it!” Gyuri cheerfully yelled as she was riding on the bike.

Eunhyuk smiled and clapped his hands, “Congratulations!”

Gyuri hopped off of her bike and ran to Eunhyuk with a big hug.

“Thank you for teaching me!” Gyuri smiled.

Eunhyuk laughed and ruffled her hair, “No problem, but you technically taught yourself, so I don’t take any credit.”

“So are we going to go to your secret place?”

Eunhyuk checked his watch and shook his head, “How about tomorrow we go since its late now.”

Gyuri grabbed Eunhyuk’s wrist to look at his watch, “4:30 already, ok I guess we could go tomorrow.”

“Let’s get some ice cream, I’ll treat you for your hard work,” Eunhyuk suggested.

“Chincha?! Gomawa,” Gyuri clapped her hands.

Eunhyuk grabbed his backpack and jumped onto his bike, “That’s unless you could beat me there.”

Gyuri quickly grabbed her bag and hopped onto her bike, “Oh it is on!”

She quickly speeded down the pavement while Eunhyuk followed behind her. He then rode beside her, which made Gyuri turn her head and face him, seeing the smirk on his face. She pedaled faster and finally arrived in front of the ice cream store.

“I won!” She gasped for air.

Eunhyuk slowly stopped and got off of his bike, “Barely.”

Gyuri hopped off from the bike, “I still won; now you owe me ice cream.”

“I was going to get you ice cream anyway,” Eunhyuk scoffed.

“Now you have to get me ice cream.”

“Fine, let’s go in,” Eunhyuk held her hand and walked inside the store, “So what are you going to get?”

Gyuri placed her index finger on her chin as she was thinking, “I’ll just take strawberry.”

“Alright then,” Eunhyuk nodded.

“What would you like?” the worker asked.

“2 strawberry ice creams please,” Eunhyuk answered.

“Would you like to get the couple special? We give you the two ice creams but in the same bowl so you could share plus give you free toppings,” the worker advertised.

Gyuri quickly answered, “Ani! We aren’t really a c-“

“We will take it then,” Eunhyuk interrupted as he smiled at the worker.

“Very well then,” the worker nodded and started to make their order.

“Yah!” Gyuri glared.

“Bwoh? You are technically my girlfriend,” Eunhyuk smirked.

Gyuri pouted, “Yeah technically, but I don’t want to share.”

“Well to bad, since I want to save money,” he tapped her nose.

“Cheap,” Gyuri muttered.

“Yah, what did you say?”

“Ani, I didn’t say anything.”

“Yah, tell me what did you say!”

“I said CHEAP!” Gyuri said, making it sound loud and clear for him to understand.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, “I’m paying for you, so you’re the one who’s cheap.”

“Yah, I won the bet so that doesn’t mean I’m cheap,” Gyuri lightly punched his arm.

“Sure you aren’t,” Eunhyuk scoffed.                                           

The worker placed their order on the counter, “That would be $3.50.”

Eunhyuk pulled out his black wallet and took out 4 dollars.

“Your change will be $0.50,” the worker handed him his change.

“Thanks,” Eunhyuk placed the change in his wallet while Gyuri grabbed their ice cream.

Gyuri pointed at an empty seat in the shop, “Let’s sit there.”

They walked towards the empty table and sat across from each other. Gyuri placed the bowl in the middle and gave a spoon to Eunhyuk.

“I’m going to dig in first,” Gyuri stared at the ice cream before stabbing her spoon into it.

She grabbed a spoonful and shoved it in , “Taste so good!”

“Well glad you like it,” Eunhyuk took some a spoonful of ice cream and slowly devoured it.

They soon finished their ice cream and threw away their spoons and bowl.

“Thanks for the treat,” Gyuri cheerful smiled.

“You’re welcome,” Eunhyuk looked at his watch, “It’s getting late, let’s return your bike.”

Gyuri nodded and they hopped onto their bikes. Eunhyuk rode in front while Gyuri followed behind him. After riding for about 6 minutes, they arrived in front of the shop and jumped off of their bike. Eunhhyuk left his bike outside while he helped take the rental bike inside for Gyuri. She followed him inside the shop. The owner was sitting in front of the counter this time, reading Los Angeles Times newspaper.

“Back with your bike,” Eunhyuk yelled out.

Mr. Kim jumped a bit and looked up from his newspaper, “Ah, you gave me a fright. Just bring it here.”

Eunhyuk rolled the bike over to Mr. Kim, who grabbed it and placed it in the back again.

“Sorry if it had a bit of scratches,” Gyuri bit her lip.

Mr. Kim chuckled, “Don’t worry about it.”

“Well then we have to go. Annyeong!” Eunhyuk smiled at him.

“Annyeong get back safely!” Mr. Kim yelled in the shop as they walked out.

Eunhyuk picked up his bike that he left on the ground, “I’ll drop you off first.”

“Don’t even try! Your house is far, I’ll just walk myself home since it’s just a few block away,” Gyuri threw a 'don't-even-think-about-it' look.

“I have a bike so it doesn’t take me that long,” Eunhyuk argued.

“How long does it take for you to get back home?”

“18 minutes.”

“Lies!”

“I’m not lying,” Eunhyuk acted offended.

Gyuri puffed out her cheeks, “Fine, but if I ask your mom when I see her again how long it takes and she says 25, your dead.”

Eunhyuk nodded and gestured her to get on, “Ok, let’s go.”

Gyuri sat behind Eunhyuk and held onto him as soon as he started to pedal down the sidewalk. After a few minutes, they arrived in front of Gyuri’s house. Gyuri and Eunhyuk got off of the bike, leaving it on the ground.

“Thanks for today, I actually had a good time,” Gyuri shyly said.

“Bwoh? You thought you wouldn’t have a good time, I’m offended,” Eunhyuk jokily gasped.

Gyuri laughed and lightly slapped his arm, “Yeah I thought I wouldn’t.”

“That’s good but tomorrow I’m definitely going to take you to our actually date that I planned,” Eunhyuk smiled.

“Alright then, I’ll see you tomorrow, Annyeong,” Gyuri started to walk towards her house front door.

Eunhyuk grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him. His free hand held onto her waist as he placed his lips on her exposed forehead. They stood in that position for at least 4 seconds. Eunhyuk removed his lips from her forehead. He grinned at Gyuri’s surprised face.

“Bwoh? You’re lucky I didn’t take those lips of yours like other guys,” he smirked.

Gyuri stood there in shock, staring at Eunhyuk’s face.

“Well I’m going to go before you kill me. Annyeong!” Eunhyuk picked up his bike and jumped onto it.

Gyuri recovered from her shock and was about to come towards him but he already started to pedal.

“Yah!” Gyuri yelled at him.

He soon disappeared, leaving Gyuri blushing like an idiot. She turned around as she slowly made her way into the house.

“Welcome back!” her mother greeted from the kitchen.

“Thanks,” Gyuri yelled back as she walked up to her room.

She dropped her bag next to her desk as she fell flat onto her bed.

“OH MY GOD!!!” she screamed with her face against her bed.

She turned around to face the ceiling. Her hand touched her forehead as she imagined what happened a few minutes ago again. Her cheeks turned pink, making her hands cover her face as if someone was in front of her.

‘Gyuri just forget about what that idiot did,’ Gyuri told herself.

She stood up and grabbed her pajamas from her closet. Then she walked to the bathroom to take a shower. A few minutes later, Gyuri finished and walked out of the bathroom. She sat down on her desk chair and took out her homework from school. She soon finished her homework and walked downstairs for dinner. The dining room table had bowls of chicken, salad, rice, and vegetables. Gyuri sat down and grabbed a plate and utensils before eating. She then took some from each bowl and digged in.

“How was school?” her dad asked.

“Good, same as always,” Gyuri answered nonchalantly.

Her mom took a seat, “Then how was afterschool?”

Gyuri choked on her food, “*Cough* Bwoh?”

“How was afterschool? I saw Eunhyuk dropping you off,” her mom grinned.

 “Eunhyuk was just dropping me off since he hanged out with Nicole, Kevin, and I,” Gyuri lied.

“Hmm hmph,” Gyuri’s mom rolled her eyes.

Her dad chuckled, “You and him finally got together for real, how cute!”

“Yah! We technically aren’t dating,” Gyuri glared.

“Technically?” Gyuri’s mom raised a brow.

Gyuri slowly nodded, “I don’t have feelings for him so it doesn’t mean we are dating, also it’s a just trial dating.”

“You sure you don’t have feelings for him?” Mr. Park asked.

“Y-yeah,” Gyuri hesitated.

Mr. and Mrs. Park looked at each other and smiled. Dinner was quiet but there were tiny conversations with each other. Gyuri finished her dinner and excused herself, leaving her parents still eating their food. After placing her bowl in the sink, she walked up to her room and dropped herself onto her soft bed. “8: 50,” she looked at the clock near her bed. She grabbed a pair of spare clothes and packed it in her bag. Her phone ringed, telling her she had a new message. Gyuri turned her phone on and smiled.

From Eunhyuk:

Today was fun, but I’m going to take you somewhere even more fun tomorrow! ^^ Make sure to bring spare clothes again. Have a good night sleep, see you tomorrow! Night!~  

She began to reply back.

From Gyuri:

I had a good time too, surprisingly x) Don’t worry I remembered, so see you tomorrow! Sweet dreams and good night!

She turned off her phone and plugged in her charger. After placing her phone on her desk and turned off the lights, she crawled onto her bed and pulled her blankets over body. Closing her eyes, trying to fall asleep, one question rang her mind over and over again until she fell asleep.

You sure you don’t have feelings for him?  


Finally updated this!! I knew what I wanted to write for a long time but I was always lazy to type it, so mianhae for not updating for so long! >.< Updating 3 stories at the same time, sure is hard, so please be patient with me :O Note: the school they attend is a Korean International School so thats why everyone knows Korean but when talking to people that aren't Korean they won't use any Korean words/terms. Thanks to all my subscribers!!

Saranghae @maknaejiren @SweetOrais @honeykeyla @sskahino @_ranikf @RealShawol99 @Ran501 @graszny @dilotcute @rion_01 @Catalina390 @ASZCOLE and @Ml12rotic  <3

Don't forget to comment or subscribe (if you haven't)!