Chapter 7: Day Two (The Real Date)

Words With a Hidden Meaning...?

~ Author's POV ~

Ring Ring Ring

The alarm clock started to fill Gyuri's bedroom, causing her to groan. She turned it off and slowly got up from bed. After neatly setting up her bed, she walked into the bathroom to brush her teeth. Rinsing her face and teeth, she walked back into her room to change into her school uniform. She neatly tightened her tie making sure it wasn't too loose, that her teachers will start lecturing her, or too tight for her to breath. Grabbing her backpack, she walked down stairs into the kitchen, where her mom was cleaning the dishes. Her food already on her plate with the usual boiled eggs, toast, and glass of milk. 

"Good morning," Gyuri said as she pecked her mom's cheek. 

"Morning," Mrs. Park smiled.

She sat down in her seat and started to peel her boiled egg, "Where's Dad?"

"He wouldn't wake up," her mother gave a light laugh.

Gyuri nodded, "Umma, do you have a bike I could borrow?"

"Yeah, why do you need it?" Mrs. Park's eye brows rose up.

"I just want to ride to school today," Gyuri said as she finished her boiled egg.

Her mom looked at her with a peculiar look, "Sure, it's in the garage. I'll just get it out and place it on the front lawn for you ok?"

Gyuri took a bite of her toast, "Thanks Umma."

Her mother disappeared into the garage as the sound of the garage opening could be heard. Gyuri quickly stuffed her toast in as she swallowed it down with her glass of milk. After she was finished, Gyuri placed her plate and cup in the sink. After she put on her shoes and backpack, she went to the garage to see her mom just finish moving the bike. 

"I'm going to school now," Gyuri smiled.

Mrs. Park smiled back, "Ok then, have a nice day at school. Oh, I think someone is waiting for you outside the gate."

The only person that Gyuri could think of is, of course her suppose boyfriend, Eunhyuk. She knew that her mom was secretly teasing her, behind that smile of hers.

"It's just trial dating," Gyuri retorted.

Her mother just nodded, pretending to believe what she said. Gyuri just sighed and walked out of the garage, into the lawn. She picked up the bike and started to walk out of the front gate.

"Good morning," a cheerful voice chirped.

Gyuri turned her head to find Eunhyuk sitting on his bike, smiling at her.

"You know, you don't have to walk to school with me every day you know," Gyuri glared.

Eunhyuk smirked, "I know but I just want to. Also, where are your manners? Not a simple 'good morning' when greeting someone?"

She rolled her eyes, "Morning, happy?"

Eunhyuk nodded, "I see your riding your bike today?"

"Yep, since it seems like we are going to need it today anyway."

"True. Now let's get going," he started to pedal off. 

Gyuri followed behind him, but speeded her pace up to be ahead of Eunhyuk, who was laughing silently at her childish behavior. They soon were near school grounds, passing many students. Of course, they were pointing and whispering at them but the two both ignored them as usual. Entering school grounds, they locked their bikes up on the bike racks and walked into the school buildings. 

"Eunhyuk came to school with Gyuri again!" "This time Gyuri rode her bike, she doesn't look like the type to ride a bike." "Maybe because they are dating and all." "Chincha?? They are really dating? I thought it was a rumor?!" 

Loud whispers were heard in the hallway, as the couple walked through it. Usually Eunhyuk would ignore them but the last comment caught his attention. 

Eunhyuk whispered in Gyuri's ear, "It looks like they don't believe we are dating."

She blushed at how close they were from each other, "Well we aren't, this is trial dating remember?"

"Ani, this isn't trial dating. We are dating," Eunhyuk smirked in her ear, sending chills down her spine. 

He wrapped his arm around her waist making Gyuri and the whole entire school surprised. Everyone was staring at them, giving their full attention the two of them. 

"Yah, they are staring. Let go," Gyuri blushing madly as she tried to loosen his grip but couldn't due to his strength. 

Eunhyuk smiled, "I know they are."

They continued to walk to their classroom, having many eyes on them. As soon as they entered the classroom, Eunhyuk greeted everyone, getting their classmates full attention. 

"Getting so lovey-dovey in the morning?" "Gyuri-shi, you got Eunhyuk to come early again! Congratz!" "Morning, love birds!" 

There were snickers and laughter as they greeted the couple, while others made barfing sounds to tease them. Eunhyuk smiled while Gyuri looked down at the floor, trying to hide her embarrassed face. 

"Why don't you go to your seat," he whispered to her ear as he smiled happily.

Gyuri pointed to her hip, "I would, but you have to release me first."

"Of course," releasing her hip, he kissed the side of her head which caused an up roar in the classroom.

She didn't realize he loosened his grip her due to the kiss. Turning her body to face him, she semi-hard punch Eunhyuk on the arm and ran to her seat. Eunhyuk stood there in shock, the first time a girl actually punched him for kissing her. The classmates laughed at his reaction as they told him, "That's what you get." Over coming from the shock, he sat back down and looked at Gyuri, who dug her face in her arms. Everyone in the classroom sat down after hearing the bell ring. The teacher entered the classroom and started to take attendance. Once again, she was shocked to see Eunhyuk in his seat on time. 

"Don't tell me, Gyuri came to school with you?" the teacher guessed.

Their classmates smiled and answered her with a loud yes, while Eunhyuk nodded.

"Gyuri-shi," the teacher called out, trying to get her attention.

Making her surprised since she day dreaming, Gyuri jumped a little, "Neh?"

The teacher made a heart shape with her hands, "I love you!"

The whole classroom laughed, while Eunhyuk glared at the teacher. 

"Bwoh? What did I do?" Gyuri asked in confusion.

"You brought Eunhyuk to school on time again," the teacher smiled.

Gyuri blushed and looked down at her lap, "But I didn't do anything.."

"Oh no, you did. Anyway back to attendance," the teacher quickly changed the subject as she sensed Eunhyuk's deathly glares. 

Eunhyuk was mad at two things: the teacher not believing he could come to school early & saying 'I love you' to his girlfriend in his face so casually. After finishing attendance, today's lessons started. (Let's speed things up a bit) The bell ringed, making the students run out of the classroom. Leaving Gyuri the last one, no big surprise. She walked to the cafeteria and waited in line. 

"Gyuri!" she saw a waving hand.

She then saw Eunhyuk a few feet ahead of her in line, trying  to get her attention. Gyuri looked at him with confusion, not knowing what he wanted.

"Come here, I saved a spot in line for you," he gestured her to come, but was declined by her.

He walked over to her and pulled her to where he was standing earlier. 

"Yah, I didn't want to cut in front of people," Gyuri angrily said.

He pouted cutely, "But I saved a spot just for you."

Gyuri slowly loosened up, knowing that his intentions weren't bad so she let him go. They soon got their lunch and seperated to go their own friends. Eunhyuk wanted to eat with his friends this time, which Gyuri was fine with it. She walked to where Kevin and Nicole were happily eating and placed her food down on the table.

"Annyeong," Kevin and Nicole happily greeted.

Gyuri flashed her famous goddess smile, "Annyeong."

"Hyung isn't eating with us?" Kevin asked as he took a bite from his food.

Nodding, she sat down and grabbed her fork, "He's hanging out with his friends."

"Well, that's nice he's giving you some space," Nicole commented.

"By the way, I heard you rode your bike to school today?!" Kevin asked for confirmation.

"Yeah, wae?" 

Nicole grinned, "It looks like he taught you how to ride a bike yesterday during your date?"

"Well we actually didn't go on the actual date yet since he had to teach me how to ride a bike. So we are going to go on a date again today," Gyuri blushed slightly.

Kevin awed, "He was able to teach you how to ride a bike and convinced you to go on another date. He's doing better than I thought."

His sibling agreed, "We couldn't even get you to ride your bike since you always gave up."

"I'm going on a date with him because I owe him for teaching me how to ride a bike ok?" Gyuri tried to persue them, but failed.

Kevin and Nicole looked at each other with a mischievous grin and nodded to each other. Nicole walked over to Gyuri's side and sat next to her, making Gyuri look at her with a puzzled look.

"He kissed you didn't he," Nicole whispered in her ear, making Gyuri's cheek quickly turning red.

Nicole ran back to Kevin and hid behind him, scared the goddess might get up and kill her. 

"He didn't kiss me on the lips," Gyuri tried her best to hide her embarrassment.

"Then he did kiss you but not on the lips," Kevin pointed at her as if he caught Gyuri in her crime.

Hesitatingly nodding with a tiny hint of red on her cheek, making Nicole and Kevin "wow!"

"He's going faster than I expected," Kevin said with a surprised tone.

Nicole nodded, "Unnie and Oppa dating must be really interesting."

"Yah, we aren't dating," Gyuri argued, "its trial dating."

Kevin shook his head, "This might be trial dating to you but this is real dating to Eunhyuk."

"Yeah," Nicole agreed. 

It was as if her parents were nagging at her but it was her childhood friends replacing them. The bell soon rang and the students headed back to their classroom. While Gyuri was walking through the hallway, she saw Eunhyuk and his friends talking and laughing together as they walked back to their classroom. She secretly stared at him, but stopped when Eunhyuk waved and smiled towards Gyuri. She blushed and quickly walked back to her classroom, embarrassed that Eunhyuk caught her staring at him. As soon as everyone came back to class, lessons soon resumed. Many hours passed and finally the bell ringed, causing the hallway to be flooded with students. Gyuri walked out of the classroom last, as usual, but didn't see Eunhyuk waiting for her in the hallway this time. 

'Maybe he's waiting for me outside,' Gyuri thought as she walked to the bathroom to change out of her school clothes. 

She changed into her loose brown and yellow sweater and a pair of blue shorts underneath. 

  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkJUYuos_VAuwql9amccD

After getting ready, she exited out of the bathroom and threw her backpack over her shoulder. Passing many students, she finally exited the building and walked toward the bike rack, to see a figure standing next her bike.

"Annyeong," Eunhyuk waved at her. 

He was wearing a plain white shirt with a gray, red, and white pattern scarf and a pair of black jeans. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU-kQ6zoSz5mEsv7PtLlv

Gyuri smiled and ran towards him, "Annyeong. Mianhae, did you wait long?"

He shook his head, "Ani, don't worry about it. Now that you're here, why don't we get going so we have more time on our date."

They unlocked their bikes and jumped onto them. 

"Just follow me," Eunhyuk started to pedal off, making Gyuri follow behind him.

He gradually speeded up, making Gyuri release what he was doing. She puffed out her cheeks as pedalled faster, making the gap between them less. They soon arrived at the park near their school, which made her show a curious expression.

"Why are we at the park?" Gyuri yelled.

"Just wait, you'll find out," Eunhyuk yelled back.

After a few seconds of riding through the park, they came upon a trail. Eunhyuk started to go on it, making Gyuri a bit nervous since she never saw this before. Going up the dirt trail made Gyuri a bit tired as she followed behind Eunhyuk. A few minutes passed until Eunhyuk stopped pedalling and jump off his bike, leaving it lay on the dirt floor. Doing the same, Gyuri followed behind him, not knowing what's going on. 

"This is the place where I wanted to take you," Eunhyuk spreaded his arm, showing her the beautiful scenery. 

Being able to see the whole city and with the sky clear without a single cloud in sight, the view was great. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMvI4ToqpK0tjo_j1RBa2

Gyuri stared in awe, "Wow!~"

Eunhyuk smiled proudly and nodded, "I know right."

“How did you find this place?” Gyuri asked, knowing this place would be a very popular spot for tourist and such. 

“Well I found the trail while I was hanging around the park, so it made me curious where it leaded to. So I rode up on it and found this beautiful place,” he explained.

“I see,” still having her attention on the view.

His smile widened, “This is my secret place so you’re the first person I ever showed this place to.”

“Chincha?” Gyuri’s eyes widened.

He nodded, “I usually come to this place to run away from my trouble and let out my feelings. Just like this.”

“WHY IS EVERYONE THINK I CAN’T COME TO SCHOOL ON TIME BY MYSELF?!” he yelled to the sky, making Gyuri laugh.

“That’s because you are always late,” she teased.

Eunhyuk pouted, “But I could come on time if I want to.”

Rolling her eyes, she sarcastically agreed, “Sure you can.”

He then playfully head locked her, making Gyuri trying to loosen his grip by squirming around. But it failed when they both fell down onto the ground, making Eunhyuk on top of Gyuri. They stared at each other’s eyes lovingly, as his hand touched her right cheek. And just like that, Eunhyuk pushed his lips against Gyuri’s. In Eunhyuk’s head, he was getting ready for Gyuri to slap him or something but he didn’t feel a pain anywhere. It felt so right for Gyuri, that she let him continue what he was doing. After many kisses, Eunhyuk left Gyuri’s lips and kissed her forehead. Eunhyuk got up and walked toward the cliff, making Gyuri startled.

“What are you do-“ she quickly said but was cut off by him.

“WOOHOO!~” he screamed out loud with the widest smile Gyuri has ever seen.

Gyuri cracked a smile as she watched him. He turned around and ran towards Gyuri to give her a big hug, lifting her off of the floor.

Blushing, she tried squirm out from his hug, “Yah, put me down.”

“I will,” Eunhyuk grinned, “unless you give me a kiss.”

She threw a glare at him, “Never.”

He just shrugged and started to spin her around, making her feel dizzy. Giving in, she quickly pecked his lips. With a gigantic smirk on his face, Eunhyuk released her but still held her arm to help her keep her balance.

“Gyuri-ah,” Eunhyuk lifted her chin.

“Hmm?” Gyuri responded as she tried to get her vision back.

“Can you pinch my cheek?”

Surprised by his request, Gyuri looked at him, “Wae?”

“To see if this is a dream or not,” Eunhyuk answered.

Smiling, Gyuri punched his cheeks causing him to yelp in pain, “Pabo!”

After talking and hanging out with each other for a long time, they both went back home and resumed to their normal schedule. Then the next morning came in a flash. Gyuri got up from her sleep and walked to her bathroom to wash up. After changing into her uniform, she grabbed her backpack and headed downstairs. She heard bright laughter in the dining room, making her curious. As soon as she entered the dining room, she found her boyfriend and her parents talking to each other.

“Ah, good morning,” Mr. Park smiled.

Gyuri nodded, “Yeah, good morning.. Eunhyuk, what are you doing here?”

“He was staying outside for a long time, so I asked him to come in,” Mrs. Park explained.

Eunhyuk waved his hands, “Ani, I wasn’t staying for a long time.”

“Sure you weren’t,” Gyuri’s father took a sip from his coffee.

Gyuri sat down and started to eat her breakfast, “I told you that you didn’t have to come and me to school every day.”

“I know, but like I said. I just want to,” Eunhyuk smiled.

Mrs. and Mr. Park giggled and agreed. Gyuri gulped down her milk and placed her dishes in the sink.

After gathering her backpack, she grabbed Eunhyuk’s arm, “Annyeong, we are going!”

Her parents watched in bewilderment but soon continued what they were doing. The couple stood outside of the lawn, where Eunhyuk’s bike was lying down at.

“What do you think you are doing?” Gyuri glared at him.

“Talking to your parents,” Eunhyuk innocently answered.

Gyuri scowled, “Aish~”

Eunhyuk picked up his bike, “So are you going to ride on your bike or on mine’s?”

“I guess I’m riding with you,” Gyuri shrugged, not wanting to get the bike from the garage.

The two got on the bike and headed off to school. After riding for a few minutes, they passed students and entered school grounds. Securing his bike onto the bike rack, they walked into the crowded hallway. The normal routine happened once again: the usual gossiping & the stares. Entering the classroom, they walked to their seats. (SPEED UP!) Lunch time has begun and Gyuri was eating with her 2 best friends and her boyfriend.

“So you guys aren’t going on a date today?” Kevin asked as he sipped his drink.

Shaking her head as she eyed Eunhyuk, “It seems like it.”

“It looks like Unnie wanted another date,” Nicole snickered, receiving a high five from Kevin.

Gyuri’s face turned red, “Ani!~”

Eunhyuk laughed, “Yeah, since it is the last day I wanted to let you have time to think about it. Mianhae I didn’t plan another date.”

“Ani.  It’s fine. I was just wondering,” Gyuri assured him, while Kevin and Nicole giggled.

“So are we going to be hanging out at the park today?” Eunhyuk asked.

Kevin shook his head, “Nope. Since while you two were dating, me and Nicole were working on a history project.”

“I don’t think I can also, since I need to finish a lot of homework and study for the test tomorrow. You also need to do the same,” Gyuri poked Eunhyuk’s head.

Eunhyuk rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, “Oh yeah, I forgot.”

“Of course you would,” Gyuri let out a light laugh.

Soon lunchtime end so the four walked back to their classroom. Lessons started again once everyone was in class, making the hours feel longer. During the lessons, her classmate that sat in front of her passed a note that said ‘To: Gyuri From: Eunhyuk’. She looked at her classmate, who just gave her a simple shrug and turned his attention back to the teacher.

After unfolding it, she began to read it:

Mianhae, but I can’t bring you home today since I have some business to take care off. :(

She looked over at Eunhyuk’s direction and found him staring at her.

‘It’s fine,’ she mouthed, making Eunhyuk smiled in relief.

“Eunhyuk-shi,” the teacher called out, making Eunhyuk quickly stand up.

The teacher sighed, “I know you’re excited to be going out with Gyuri but can you at least pay attention in class?”

The classroom was filled with laughter as Gyuri and Eunhyuk blushed.

“Yeah, sorry about that,” Eunhyuk apologized and sat back down.  

The teacher went back to the lesson and class continued till the bell ringed, making the students disperse into the hallway. Gyuri walked out of the classroom and into the usual crowded hallway. After swiftly exiting the school building and grounds, she started to walk back home.

“Eunhyuk isn’t walking her home today?” “Did they break up already?” “That’s too bad, they were a cute couple.”   

The usual whispers filled the air as Gyuri passed by students as she gave them her famous goddess smile. But this time, their comments slowly got onto Gyuri’s nerves but she quickly composed herself before she could snap. While walking home, she decided to get something to drink at café near her house. Getting closer to the shop, she saw something familiar parked outside of the place.

‘Isn’t that Eunhyuk’s bike?’ Gyuri thought to herself, walking closer to the bike to make sure.

After confirming it was indeed his bike, she decided to surprise him so she took a peek through the café window. And sure enough, Eunhyuk was there but with someone else, who Gyuri doesn’t seem to enjoy seeing. He walked toward a pretty girl with blonde hair and hugged her. As soon as they let go of each other, they both sat down and started to talk to each other. Gyuri probably wouldn’t have felt anything since a lot of friends hug each but what pushed her off the edge was the girl putting her hand over his, which was lying on the table. They were talking with a bright atmosphere around them, as if they had no care in the world. Without knowing, a tear stream down her cheek as she slowly backed up from the shop. Not wanting to believe what she just saw, Gyuri sprinted back home as tears poured out of her eyes. As soon as she reached her house, she quickly entered her house and went into her room, slamming her bedroom door behind her. Leaning against the door, she slowly slid down onto the floor as tears continue to stream down on her cheeks.

“You jerk,” Gyuri started to mutter between her tears, “I shouldn’t have believed that you could’ve changed.”

Crying in her arms, an hour passed until her face was swollen from crying. She continued to hiccup as she grabbed her phone and started to text Eunhyuk.

To Eunhyuk:

I’ve decided that we shouldn’t date after all.. Thanks for the memories. Annyeong

Closing her phone, she threw it onto her bed and walked to her bathroom to wash herself up. While with Eunhyuk, he was still at the café, talking to the same girl. He stopped talking when his phone started to buzz in his pants pocket which gave him a slight fright. Taking out his phone, he realized Gyuri messaged him so he began to open his message. Reading his new received message, his eyes opened wide while his mouth hanged open.

“Bwoh?!” he muttered to himself, making sure the girl wouldn’t notice. 


Updated!! Sorry for the late update, I had to redo it since my computer is stupid or something happened to the chapter when I updated it before. School started so I won't be able to update as much but if I try I could probably be able to. ^^ Thanks to my commenters and subscribers for being really patient with me!! Saranghae! <3