#7 [Seungri/Jiyong]

SeungriFicFests [CLOSED]
Title: It's Cold At Night [Remix]
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Gri
Length: 1,694 words
Summary: Jiyong & Seungri work hard.
Warnings: Strong language
Notes: N/A

Remixee Author: dragonfly
Remixed Story: It's Cold At Night
Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/142653



Jiyong stared out the large window in the band's dorm at the city's bustling nightlife, praying for inspiration. His mind stayed as blank as the sheet of paper in front of him, however, and he growled in frustration, his features stretching into an angry scowl. The composer rubbed his sleep-filled eyes with the back of his hand as he exhaled deeply, frowning when his frustration expressed itself as a cloud of white, looking like steam in the cold air. Jiyong took one long, last look at the nonexistent product of countless hours of work at the desk before giving into his anger and snatching the blank piece of paper off of the desk, violently crumpling it, and flinging it at the wastebasket. He huffed as he watched it fall to the floor, missing trash can by inches, and saw his breath in the air, a visible reminder of just how cold it was in the apartment. Ji frowned, hugging himself tightly as he stood up, deciding to go check the thermostat and find out why the hell his apartment felt subarctic.   

The slim man stepped out of his bedroom, stifling a yawn as he did so. As he crept further along the hall, he became aware of a low, droning noise, interjected with the unmistakable sound of canned laughter. Jiyong scowled at the fact that the TV was still on; the minor annoyance coupled with the freezing temperature in his apartment did not make for a happy man. The composer stalked into his living room with an angry glare, which he first directed at the still-on television, then at the sleeping man on his couch. Grumbling loudly as he did so, Jiyong stepped around his couch, jabbing at the button on his TV that would turn off the device. He frowned disapprovingly at his maknae sleeping soundly on the sofa. Seungri shifted in his sleep, murmuring softly as a sweet smile played across his relaxed face, and Jiyong turned to look at him, all of his attention on the younger man. A harsh scowl marred the tired man's features as he leaned forward to shake the younger man awake.

Ri shifted around, awoken by the older man, and stretched for a moment, his body tightening then relaxing before he opened his eyes. "Hi, jagi," he smiled, voice still laced with sleep.

Ji shivered, eying the warm blanket draped over his boyfriend's shoulders jealously. Here he was working all night and freezing his off for the good of their band, and Seungri was watching TV and sleeping. It wasn't fair at all. "I'm turning off the TV," he said curtly, ignoring the other man's warm smile.

"That's alright; I fell asleep watching it anyway," Ri said agreeably. "I'm still sleepy," the maknae yawned. "Mind if I head to bed?"

The older man's jaw clenched, the seemingly innocent words setting him off. His eyes burned with a dangerous anger as he took in Seungri's sleep ruffled appearance and half-lidded eyes. The words he spoke in reply sounded anything but genuine, an acidic dose of bitter sarcasm coloring them. "No, no, go ahead. I don't mind at all. You just go on to bed and rest your tired head, you poor thing. I'll just stay out here and toil over our next song alone, but never you mind me."

Seungri, although still partially under a haze of sleepiness, wasn't tired enough to misunderstand the older man's accusatory words. "What the hell are you talking about, Jiyong?"  he asked, voice becoming clipped and angry at hearing the older man’s harsh words, which had shocked him into a state of full consciousness.

The leader's next words dripped with tangible scorn. "I'm saying that you should go to bed, since you're never any help anyway. After all, I'm the only one who actually works around here."

Seungri's jaw actually dropped, and for a moment he stood stock still, paralyzed by horrified shock. Within seconds though, the young man had reset his features, everything about him screaming that he was furious. His voice had dropped low, a dangerous edge betraying his barely controlled anger. "You're saying that you're the only one who works in this band?

"Obviously," Jiyong scoffed. "This band wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for me."

"Because you're the only one that works." Seungri repeated one last time, giving the older man a final chance to see sense and apologize.

Jiyong's response was instant and flippant. "Duh." 

The thin threads of control Seungri possessed snapped. " you, Jiyong! you and your ing ego!" the singer screamed. "You think you're the only one who works hard, huh?! Well you're ing wrong! I bet you didn't even know that Youngbae-hyung was working with Teddy-hyung all day, and that Seunghyun-hyung and Daesung-hyung spent all day filming, and that I spent eight ing hours straight in the studio! You !" He spat. Seungri remembered the grueling effort he'd put into practicing. He wanted to work harder, wanted to be the best he could for his band, and it had been his sole drive. It had made the blisters and sweat worth it, and here he was being told that it- that he- counted for nothing. The maknae lowered his head to glare at the floor, but his swollen and blistered palms caught his eye instead, and his righteous, white-hot fury at the older man's extreme narcissism began to morph into a feeling of disappointment and helplessness. Seungri raised his head again, the anger completely gone now, and looked at the older man. "You're an , Jiyong," he repeated, this time the words sad and resigned rather than overflowing with violently angry energy. With nothing left to say and no desire to stay in the same apartment as the unreasonable older man, Seungri walked out the door without a second though, shutting it behind him with a soft click.

Jiyong stood stock still, paralyzed. His baby had just walked out on him. His baby had called him an . The worst part? Knowing he deserved it. Tears gathered in the slim man's expressive eyes as reality set in. Seungri had been right in everything he'd said. Jiyong HADN'T known what his bandmates were up to, hadn't even spared it a thought before accusing all four of them of slacking off. And Seungri himself... How could he have said that to the younger man who he knew strove for perfection the same way he did, putting in long hours and a massive amount of effort? Jiyong shook with silent tears, feeling numb, heart colder than his freezing apartment. The leader slid down to sit on the floor, staring at nothing as he thought about how untrue his angry words had been.



Seungri sighed, his breathe fogging in the cold air. He wrapped his arms around himself, hoping to preserve some of his meager body heat. The maknae had walked out without even bothering to grab a jacket or slip on his shoes, and he regretted leaving the warm blanket he'd slept under in Jiyong's apartment. Jiyong. Another sigh escaped the cold young man. His boyfriend wasn't a bad guy, but when he was stressed or under pressure he became a total , and sometimes- like now- Seungri didn't have the patience or energy to deal with it and things blew up. The singer shook his head and looked down the flight of cement steps that lead from Jiyong's floor to the ground. He supposed he ought to go, but…

A soft click down the hallway signified that someone had opened their door. Seungri fought the urge to turn around and see who it was, fought to squash the foolish idea that maybe it was Jiyong come to apologize. Jiyong was a stubborn man, Seungri knew, and getting the man to say he was sorry was nearly impossible, especially this soon after a fight.

So Seungri ignored the light footsteps that drew nearer, the fact that he'd moved from the center of the stairs to the side the only sign he'd heard them at all. When he felt a warm blanket drape itself around his shoulders, the maknae started, turning to look with wide eyes at the man who'd driven him outside in the first place.

"I'm sorry." Jiyong said the tremor in his voice and the dried tear tracks on his pale cheeks evidence of his sincerity.

Seungri simply stared, not saying anything, silently challenging the older man with his deep brown eyes.

Jiyong bit his lip, and when he spoke, his voice shook. "I'm sorry, Seungri. You're right, I'm an . I..." he paused, calming himself. "I was wrong. There'd be no band without everyone’s hard work; in fact, you guys could do it without me, no problem. I-I'm sorry, Ri baby," Jiyong sniffled.

Seungri looked into the older singer's tear-filled eyes and spoke. "You're right, you are an ," he reiterated, and Jiyong sniffled again, looking down sadly, giving up hope that his apology would be accepted. "but I love you anyway, and I don't ever want to hear you say that we could do it without you, because it’s not true. We all work hard together, and that’s what makes us work, we wouldn’t be the same without you.”

Jiyong looked up, wiping the tears away with the back of his hand and revealing a tentative smile on his face. "I love you, Seungri," he said. "and I really am sorry," he added with a sad mumble.

Seungri returned the older man's apology with a small smile of his own. "I love you too, jagi." After just a moment of quiet though, Seungri spoke again, his voice nearly a whine. "Can we go in now? It's cold outside."

"It's cold inside too," Jiyong reminded him, sounding amused.

"That's alright, I have you to keep me warm," Ri said with a cheeky smile, extending a hand to pull the older man up.

Jiyong grinned, his smile bright. "You know how much I like to cuddle," he squealed happily. The pair headed back into the cold apartment ready to snuggle, their hands clasped tightly and their love as strong as ever.