chapter two

♦ The Queen of Diamond ♦ [HAITUS]

 

$ chapter two $

 

After school,

Sooyun was arranging books in the library as it was one of her part time, with headphone on his ears, humming to her favorite song, quietly.

Sooyun’s eyes fixed on the books title as she was arranging the book according to its section. “Ah,” she softly said as she accidently bump to a person shoulder. She looked to her side and saw the person was rubbing his shoulder. She bit her lips. “It doesn’t hurt that much, right?” she thought.

Woohyun rubbed his shoulder. He looked at his side and saw a girl was nervously looked at him. “Isn’t she…” he thought.

Sooyun put down her headphone and turn off her mp3 and asked the guy, in concerned. “Are you hurt? Omo, I’m so sorry. I didn’t notice it.” Sooyun apologized with her voice not too loud and not too slow as she aware that they were in the library.

Woohyun looked at the girl in front him, amused as the girl was different, different from other girls that he used to deal with.

“Hello?” Sooyun said as she waved her hand to the person in front her. “Are you okay?” she asked again.

Woohyun snapped from his thought and nodded. He cleared his throat and said, “Yeah, I’m okay. It doesn’t hurt a bit so you don’t have to worry.”

Sooyun raised her eyebrow, feeling weird. “Okay then.” She finally said. The truth is she felt relieve that the ‘case’ didn’t gone bigger because usually it turn that way. You know, when sometimes when the made it look like it a big deal when it actually not.

Sooyun looked away from him, not care about him anymore as she continued her work. One by one she arranged the books with care. “Each one of them values a lot.” She thought and carved a smile in her face.

Woohyun still looked at her in amused. He looked at the way she put the book to its shelf with care. It was like each one of it cost a million to her. “No wonder they call her the Queen of diamond.” He thought.

Sooyun was putting the books in the shelf but she stopped as she felt a pair of eyes looking at her. She looked to her side and saw him, looking at her. “Excuse me, mister?” she said politely even though she felt annoyed with it.

Woohyun snapped from his thought and blinked numberless time. “Yes?” he said as he somehow felt nervous.

“Are you…” Sooyun paused. “Watching me?” she continued asked.

Woohyun gulped nervously. “Now what should you answer stalker?” He mad at himself in thought.

 “So you did.” Sooyun said and raised her eyebrow, and since he didn’t say anything, she concluded it that way. She kept on looking at the person in front of her, feeling a bit annoyed.

“Oh no, no, no, I’m not.” Woohyun denied drastically.

“Oh, really?”

“Can we forget about this? It’s not a big deal anyway.” Woohyun said as he wanted her to forget him as a stalker.

Sooyun cross both of her arms and said, “And why should I do that?”

“Because even if it’s true that I looked at you, I just looked at you and I didn’t do anything.” Woohyun said in the matter of fact.

Sooyun frown. He was different from any guys she had been deal with. She had to agree that he had the right point but she still felt uneasy.

Seeing her still not making any move, Woohyun said or rather provoked her, “Oh, do you want money to finish of the deal? Lee Sooyun, Queen of Diamond?”

Sooyun widen her eyes. “How dare he…” she said in her mind with full of anger. She tried as hard as she could to control her anger and she managed it. “For your information mister, I’m not that greedy for money. If you don’t know anything about my life, don’t even talk about it. Rich people like you… are so annoying!” she said that was almost shouted but she knows she was in the library.

Woohyun was speechless. She was the first girl who actually yelled at him. He had to admit, he had gone too far with his words. “Now, what had I done…” he questioned himself in thought, feeling guilty.

Sooyun who was still angry slammed all the books on the tray beside her. She then just walked away by pushing the tray without saying anything to him.

Woohyun bit his lips. “How am I supposed to apologize?” he thought.

That night, after finished her part time work, Sooyun returned home with some groceries that she just had buy. She was about to open her door’s house.

“Huh?” Sooyun said as she was a bit startled by her brother who opened the door for her.

“Welcome home, Sooyun.” Sungjong greeted his sister and then picked up the groceries bag.

“Eat already?” Sooyun asked in concern. She ate at work since she work two part time jobs that day.

Sungjong put the groceries bag on the dining table and answered her, “Yes, I just finished eating ramen.”

Sooyun smiled. Sooyun put her bag on the sofa and went to the kitchen to help arranging the things.

“Hey, you didn’t wash the dishes!” Sooyun nagged at her brother as she saw dirty pot and plates in the sink.

“Like I told you that I just finished eating! What’s a big deal anyway?”

“It’s unpleasant view.”

“Then, you wash it!” Sungjong shouted as he made his way to his room as he finished putting the last grocery in the cupboard.

“Oppa!” Sooyun shouted his name and she pout a little. “I can’t believe this…” she mumbles as she startled to wash the dished since she had no choice.

Sooyun was walking to the living room as she just finished washed herself. “What should I watch?” she asked herself, thinking.

Upon arrived at the living room, Sooyun glanced and saw her twin brother was in the kitchen making something. She looked at the coffee table in the living room and quickly grabbed the remote control. She touched the button and changed the channel.

“Hey, I was watching just now.” Sungjong complaint as he shot a glare on his sister.

Sooyun childish stick out her tongue and said, “No, I want to watch this.”

Sungjong sighed and gave up. He put his coffee on the table and then sat. He looked at the TV screen to watch the drama that his sister watched.

“What’s this?” Sooyun asked as she noticed a letter on the coffee table. The letter was now in her hands as she was ready to open it.

“Hmm…” Sungjong humming as he slowly turned his face to her. There’s one thing his eyes caught first, the letter. Sungjong eyes widen in fear as he saw Sooyun was reading it. “Oh, no…” he thought, gulp.

Sooyun read the letter till the end and even the details. She was in shocked mode. “Oppa, what is this?” she asked with soft tone.

 “Um…um…” Sungjong couldn’t say anything as he was indeed nervous. He looked at his sister and he knew, he had to tell the truth. He gathered all his courage.

“Oppa?”

“Sooyun, I’m sorry. I’m really, really sorry.” Sungjong apologized badly as he was now kneeling in front of his sister.

Sooyun jaw dropped and the letter also dropped on the ground. He eyes dropped upon her twin brother who was kneeling in front her. She took a deep breath and said, “Explain to me.”

Sungjong sighed a little. “Well…” he started to say but he couldn’t look into her eyes. “Why did she have to be so scary when she mad?” he thought. Then continued after a long paused, “You know, our financial is critical now, right?”

Sooyun nodded weakly.

“So, I was looking a new job that can be paid a lot which was hard to find one, but that until I saw that advertised. The payment is a lot and I thought it’s a good idea. So I want to apply but since it was for girls only… I put your name.” Sungjong explained.

“Oppa, you know I hate this job.” Sooyun said in the matter of fact.

Sungjong nodded and then he said, “I know but during that time, I kinda forgot.”

Sooyun faceplam herself. “I can’t believe this.” She thought.

 “Sooyun, just do it, please.” Sungjong begged her, still kneeling. He blinked his eyes with hoped and he even does aegyo.

“No, I wouldn’t do it.” Sooyun strongly said. She will not do the job she hates the most even it does pays a lot.

“Please, Sooyun. I know you good in this job even though you hate it. Can’t you just do it?” Sungjong begged again.

“No, oppa, I will not do it.” Sooyun said. “And that’s final!” she continued said as she stood up and walked to her room with frustration.

Sungjong stood up and sighed. “Alright, I guess we have to get ready to pack.” He mumbles but loud enough for Sooyun to hear it.

Sooyun froze in her spot, standing in between the living room and the kitchen. She turned around, facing her brother and asked, “What do you mean by pack, oppa?” emphasized the work ‘pack’.

“Uh?” Sungjong said as he was startled by her sudden question. Snapping from his sad thought, he answered, “Oh, its looks like we had move to another house. We can’t afford this house since we didn’t pay the bills yet and the owner had come here this evening. She said that if we couldn’t pay immediately, we had to move, sister.”

Again, Sooyun was shocked by the news she just had heard. “Oppa…” she softly said. She knows they didn’t pay this month yet and they always late paying it. She bit her lips. She knows she couldn’t be selfish. She knows Sungjong worked so hard or maybe even hard than her yet, he didn’t complaint. “Alright, I will do it.” she said as she closed her eyes. Although she hated it, she had to do it. “Where’s mom and dad when we need them?” she thought.

 “Do what?” Sungjong asked as he was so clueless.

Sooyun sighed and then she smiled. “I said I will do the job. We need the job, right? I wouldn’t be selfish.” She said.

“Really?”

“Yes, oppa…” Sooyun said as she nodded her head, giving him a ‘yes’ answer.

“Woah!” Sungjong shouted for happiness and then hugged his twin sister, tightly. “I’m sure you will not regret it!” he said, giving her an encouragement.

“But why am I feeling uneasy about this job?” Sooyun said as she hugged her twin brother back.

“Don’t worry you will be okay, sister.”

[A/N] Yay, I finally post the second chapter! Sorry for being late. Is this okay?? I’m worry if it’s boring. I’ll try to make it interesting in the future. And I going to be Semi-Haitus for awhile, okay? I have to get really for my colleague and it was really confusing! I don’t know when will I update but, I will someday so please don’t unsubscribe…

To the people that subscribe my story, THANK YOU so much for reading this. I love you guys!! Please do SUBCRIBE. COMMENT. SUBCRIBE. COMMENT.