chapter five

♦ The Queen of Diamond ♦ [HAITUS]

$ Chapter five $

 

The sun had rise as it shines to Sooyun’s room. Her room turned a bit brighter. Sooyun felt the present of the sun. “Morning already?” she mumbles with her eyes still close.

Sooyun opened a bit her eyes as she rubs her eyes gently like a little child used to do. It was her habit though. “Where am I?” she said as she finally saw clearly her surroundings.

“Oh yeah… I’m working now…” Sooyun said as she finally noticed the reason she was in different room. She looked at her left to see the time is. “7 a.m.?” she mumbles.

A knock was heard making Sooyun startled a bit. She quickly got up from her bed and then rushed to the door. Cleared and tidy up her messy hair before she opened the door. After ready, she turned the knob.

“Good morning, madam.” Sooyun greeted Mrs. Nam with a smiled in her face.

 “Good morning, Sooyun. Did I wake you up?” Mrs. Nam greeted her back.

“No, no, no, I have already waked up.” Sooyun denied Mrs. Nam. “Is there something wrong, madam?” Sooyun then asked as she felt weird. Even though it was technically her first day of work but she knew she didn’t do anything wrong. “I didn’t wake up late am I? It’s 7 a.m. I sure that I don’t have specific time table.” She thought a bit.

“No, my dear,” Mrs. Nam said as she didn’t want the younger to felt something wrong. “Can I come in?” she asked.

Realized that they have been talking in front of the door which was very impolite, Sooyun apologized, and “Oh I’m sorry. Sure, come in.” She then gestured the older one to come in.

Mrs. Nam and Sooyun made their way to the bed. Both of them sat down.

“Is this room, okay?” Mrs. Nam asked.

“Yes, it is.” Sooyun answered.

“Are you sure?” Mrs. Nam asked back with concerned in her face. “You can choose another room though.” She said again.

Sooyun smiled. “This room is fine, madam.”

“If you say so…” Mrs. Nam said as she gave up.

“What is it that you want to talk to me about? Is that why you come to my room, right?” Sooyun asked, straight to the point.

Realized the real motive she went to meet her, Mrs. Nam smiled. “Oh about that, I just hope that Woohyun didn’t cause you trouble and I really hope that you could take care of him at school. I heard some rumor that he-”

Before Mrs. Nam could continue her saying, Sooyun cut her off, “You shouldn’t be like that, madam.”

“Pardon me?”

“I may sound rude by cutting you off but a rumor is a rumor. It was a false story and it wasn’t really the truth. I think you should trust your son, madam.” Sooyun said. She was serious about it. She didn’t care if people called her rude. She just hated the word rumor because that word could destroy people life in just a second.

Mrs. Nam was speechless for awhile. But then she said, “Yes, I didn’t trust him fully that’s why I hired you.”

“I know.”

“Then?”

“Madam, its okay for you not fully trusts your son but you shouldn’t trust rumor.”

Mrs. Nam smiled, “I will.” She looked at Sooyun. “You’re really some kind of person. I never met a person like you and I speechless. Yes, indeed I didn’t trust Woohyun. That boy is rebel something. I just can’t understand him.” but she could only says in her thought.

“Madam?” Sooyun suddenly said.

“Yes?”

“I think… I should get ready to dress. I need to go to my school.” Sooyun said and smiled.

“Oh, look at the time. I’ll wait for you at downstairs.” Mrs. Nam said and then she stood up. After that she made her way to the door and out from the room.

Seeing Mrs. Nam stood up, Sooyun stood up too. After finally when Mrs. Nam wasn’t in her sight anymore, she sighed a little. “Me, and my stupid mouth.” Sooyun mentally scold herself. “I should be more careful with my talk.” She thought.

 After that, Sooyun made her way to the bathroom and wash herself.

“Okay, how should I do this?” Sooyun said to herself, thinking whether she should just went out or greet them. “I guess I should greet them, huh?” she said as she finally decided. She has no choice though.

Sooyun made her way down the stairs and went to the dining room. She carefully opened the door and went in.

Sooyun politely bowed at her boss who was eating their breakfasts. “Good morning, madam.”

Mrs. Nam was putting some strawberry jam on her bread. “Good morning, Sooyun. Come and seat here.” She gesture her to sit right next to her.

“Eh?”

“I mean is, come and have a breakfast with us.”

“It’s okay; I don’t think it’s necessary.” Sooyun said as she really wanted to decline her offer. “It would very awkward if I eat with him.” she thought.

“Breakfast is important you know.” A sudden voice from Sooyun’s back making her started a bit.

“Woohyun?” Sooyun said as she turned around.

“Yes, it’s me. Who else?” Woohyun said and then walked to his seat.

Sooyun rolled her eyes.

After that, Woohyun took bread and then put some strawberry jam on his bread.

“Just eat with us, Sooyun?” Mrs. Nam said as she smiled.

Sooyun with no choice, agreed. “If you say so…” she said, softly. She then, sat on the chair and looked at the luxurious breakfast in front her. “I wonder what Oppa eat today?” she thought sadly.

Woohyun happily took a bit. It was his favorite jam after all. He glanced at Sooyun. “Why does she look so sad? Didn’t she like to eat this?” he thought.

After finished two piece of bread, Sooyun said, “Mrs. Nam, I think I should go now or else I will be late.”

“Why don’t you go with Woohyun by car?” Mrs. Nam offered again.

Man, she offered me again.” Sooyun thought. “Nope thank you. I want to meet someone on the way. I think I should just walk beside I have been used to that. Thank you for your kind offered.” She said and then stood up. She bowed and walked out from the room.

Meet someone? Who? A guy?” Woohyun thought as he was curious. “Wait, why I even curious about it do?” he thought again. He shook his head as he breath in and out.

“Are you okay, honey?” Mrs. Nam asked her son as he was a bit weird.

Woohyun faked laughed, “Haha… nope, I’m okay, mother.”

“Oh… so?”

“So?”

“Don’t you think you should go to school now, mister?”

Woohyun laughed, “Yes, yes, madam.” He stood up and kissed his mother and fled away.

Mrs. Nam shook both of her head. “That boy is still like a child.”

“Gosh, such an awkward morning. How am I going to survive this?” Sooyun sighed as she walked along the road.

“Hey, sis,” out of nowhere, Sungjong slide his hand around Sooyun’s neck making her startled.

“Yah!”

Sungjong giggled, seeing his sister was okay. Well, he was a bit of worry since Sooyun aren’t used with strangers. “Seeing you like this, I’m thinking you’re okay.” He joked.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sooyun glared at him.

Sungjong just laughed as he didn’t bother to answer her question as he continued walking.

Sooyun pouted but in the same time she felt happy. Although she was mad every time he joked on her, she loved it. After all, they are sibling.

“What do you ate for breakfast?” Sooyun asked.

“Food,”

 “Hey, not funny oppa,” Sooyun pouted.

“What? I’m not even laughing.” Sungjong said in the matter-of-fact. He looked at her with a poker face.

Sooyun snorted.

Woohyun looked at his book, trying to read but then again, somehow, he couldn’t concentrate on reading it. He had been reading the same sentences again and again. He closed his book and sighed a little. He felt weird on himself. What wrong with him?

Woohyun put aside his book and looked by the window. His eyes suddenly widen as he watched the scene in front him. “Sooyun?” he thought. Jealously overcome to him as he glared the guy beside her. He felt suddenly jealous watching her laughing happily with another guy. “Wait?” he thought. Snapped back to reality, he talked to himself, “Am I being jealous?” he thought. Couldn’t believe himself, he thought again, “Nam Woohyun, why are you being jealous. Are you crazy?

Woohyun took a deep breath and then exhaled. Inhaled and then exhaled it again. “I’m not crazy. Yeah, I am not.” He said to himself.

 ∞

“Ah, Bomi-ah!” Sooyun shouted at she saw Bomi who was walking towards the school gate. She quickly grabbed Sungjong’s hand and dragged him towards her.

“Good morning.” Bomi greeted both of them, happily like she always been.

Then they continued on their girls talk leaving Sungjong behind them. Sungjong rolled his eyes but he followed behind the girls. He used to it after all. He never cares but just feeling slightly annoying.

“Ah,” Sooyun said a little as she bumped into someone. “I’m sorry.” She bowed immediately bowed to apologize. She looked back up and saw no other than Nam Woohyun. She was startled a bit but she remembered her promised. She bowed again and then walked off, dragging Sungjong and Bomi with her. “Of the entire person in this school, why him, I bumped into?” she thought.

Woohyun was shocked that he actually bumped into her. He didn’t say a word, he couldn’t. He watched her bowed and apologized to him as if he was a totally stranger. But then he remembered he made her do it. They were supposed to ignore each other. Hence, he also ignored her, never said any words until she felt with her friends but he couldn’t help himself from looking at her. “Him?” he thought as he saw her with the guy beside her.

It was recess; INFINITE was chatting and eating at the cafeteria. But there was one guy couldn’t concentrate on their topic. Although he was looking at his other friends, his mind was way off somewhere. Daydreaming, Nam Woohyun was daydreaming.

Little did Woohyun knew, his friends were quite alerted with his behavior. Woohyun was quite quitter than he used to be, making his friend felt weird and worried.

“Hey, did something happen with Woohyun, Yeollie?” Sunggyu asked Sungyeol who was beside him.

Sungyeol who was drinking his coffee shook his head. He took out the straw from his mouth and said, “Why do you ask me, hyung?”

“Well, since you guys in the same class.” Sunggyu said in the matter-of-fact.

Sungyeol shrugged showing that he really didn’t know.

“This is weird.” Sunggyu mumbled. He looked at the person in front him. “Nam Woohyun and daydreaming? Totally doesn’t make any senses.” He thought. Then he sent glanced at others, still others reaction the same. They didn’t know either.

  ∞

Arhh… Why do I have to spy on him? I rather do house work than these.” Sooyun thought as she watched Woohyun from far. She mixed her tea by moving the straw while staring at him. She sighed a little.

Bomi looked at her trouble looking friend and then nudged her. Sooyun felt startled by it and said, “What?”

“Is there something wrong?” Bomi asked. She took the egg roll in front her using her chopstick and put into . “Oh, I forgot to ask you something?” she asked again.

Sooyun took a sip of her tea and then said, “What is that you want to ask?”

Bomi looked around, to her left and then to her right. “Oh, I thought that you work for Nam Woohyun, but this morning…?” she asked halfway.

A flashback about what happen this morning through her mind. She shook her head and sighed heavily. She then looked at Bomi who was looking at her weirdly. “There’s this deal I have to follow and it’s really annoyed me.” She said as she showed her frustration.

“Eh… why do hate it so much?” Bomi asked as she raised her eyebrow. “Being with Nam Woohyun, does he look so hot?” she said again, admiring Nam Woohyun who was sitting not far from them.

Sooyun laughed, “If his personalities as hot as his face, then I wouldn’t have any problem but arrhh…”

Bomi chuckled, “Just being patience, okay?”

  ∞

[A/N] Okay, guys I know I haven’t been update like months maybe? Well… I just haven’t update for awhile. So, I’m really sorry. It’s not that I don’t want to but I was busy (typical excuse) since I have started my study and I kinda having a bit of writer block. I hope you understand that. I’m tying my hard to finish this story and update quickly so that you will not forgot about this story of mine.

I hope you like this crappy chapter and comment are motive! Hehe… Thank you for reading…

And here I just made a new story,

Book Two; Acacia’s Broken Hearts.

[I would be happy if you drop by and check it out!]