chapter one

♦ The Queen of Diamond ♦ [HAITUS]

 

$ chapter one $

 

“Sooyun-ah, can I borrow your money?” Bomi asked Sooyun as she saw an ice cream stall. She wanted to buy but she remembered that she has an empty pocket.

Sooyun sighed, “I’m sorry Bomi but no.”

“Eh, I just want to buy an ice cream…” Bomi pouted.

Chorong lightly hit Bomi head and said, “You asked the wrong person.”

“Aww… but it just an ice cream, it wouldn’t cost much.” Bomi said as she rubs her head that being hit by Chorong.

“Still I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Chorong said as she looked at Sooyun. She knows Sooyun was having a hard time so she didn’t want to burden her.

Sooyun smiled at her friends, “I’m sorry Bomi but I haven’t paid my bills yet.”

“It’s okay then… but I wanna eat ice cream.” Bomi said as she kept whining, hoping someone would buy for her.

Eunji who was silently hearing her friend conversations, chuckled. She went to Bomi and put her arm on Bomi’s neck, “Come on, I’ll paid for you.”

Bomi blinked at Eunji and then she smiled, “Really? Yay, thanks Eunji!”

Chorong and Sooyun looked at each other then they laughed.

“Sunggyu hyung, can you buy me Americano please?” Sungyeol shouted from behind as he was walking with Mr. Poker face, Kim Myungsoo.

Sunggyu clenching his fist as he was controlling his anger, “You have your own money right, buy it yourself.”

Little did Sungyeol didn’t know that his hyung was in boiled. He was about to say something but being prevented by the smart Woohyun.

“Haha… let me buy it for you, Yeol-ah.” Woohyun said with his fake laughed and glared at the choding.’

Sungyeol receive the glared, gulped. He cleared his throat and said, “Er… thanks Woohyun.”

Meanwhile Dongwoo and Hoya giggles looking at their friends. Myungsoo just chuckled as he shook his head.

That stupid choding,” Sunggyu thought as he mouthed ‘thank you’ to his dearest dongsaeng, Nam Woohyun.

Woohyun chuckled before he went to buy the choding favorite coffee.

The next day,

“Sungjong oppa!” Sooyun shouted from the kitchen downstairs. She was preparing their breakfast.

“Lalala…” Sungjong skipped to the kitchen with a big smile in his face. He then sat down at his usual sit, waiting for his breakfast.

Sooyun rolled her eyes seeing her big brother. “I still can’t believe you are my oppa.”

Sungjong chuckled, “It’s only early by 5 minutes, Sooyun.”

“But still you act like a child.” Sooyun said as she placed scramble eggs on the table.

“What? Scramble egg again?” Sungjong blinked his eyes, hoping that what he saw wasn’t the ‘scramble egg’.

Sooyun rolled her eyes again. “Drama queen” she thought. “Yeah, its scramble egg again oppa. So, stop blinking your eyes. We are out of stock and money. We have to pay the bills today.” She said and then sat down in front Sungjong.

Hearing the word ‘money’, Sungjong stopped his action and took his fork and ate the scramble eggs. “I’m grateful.” He thought and then ate.

Sooyun smiled and then continued eating her food.

It’s look like, I have to do it…” he thought. Sungjong looked at his twin sister and sigh softly. “I’m sorry, Sooyun...” He said in his mind, continued eating.

At school,

“Good morning, Sooyun. Good morning, Sungjong!” Bomi shouted and waved at them.

“Good morning!” both Sooyun and Sungjong said in the same time.

Bomi giggles and then went to hug her best friends while Eunji just chuckled. Both Sooyun and Sungjong gladly received the hugged.

 “What took you guys so long?” Bomi asked them, releasing the group hugged.

“Well, we have a little problem at home.” Sooyun said and glared at her twin brother.

Sungjong received the glare very well. He rolled his eyes and said, “Yeah, yeah… a little problem.”

Bomi chuckled, “I wonder what is the little problem is?”

“You know what is it, Bomi.” He said emphasized the word ‘it’ as he put his arm around his sister neck.

Sooyun snort. “You guys…” she mumbles. “Anyway guys, I need to go somewhere first. Meet you at class.” She said at them and started to run to the teacher room.

“Okay.”

“Oh, Sooyun?” Seungyeon said as she saw Sooyun walked into the teacher room. She smiled at her junior.

Sooyun bowed and greet her senior, “Good morning, Seungyeon unnie.”

“What are you doing here?” Seungyeon asked.

“I want to pay the school fees.” Sooyun said as her eyes were looking for her homerun teacher.

Seungyeon made ‘oh’ sound from and nodded her head, understanding.

There she is,” Sooyun said in her mind. She looked at her senior and said, “Unnie, I have to go. Excuse me.” Then she bowed.

“Ah yeah…” Seungyeon said and bowed to her junior. She then continued her task as she was helping her teacher.

Sooyun smiled and then walked to her homerun teacher. “Good morning, Mrs. Yun.”

Mrs. Yun looked up and smiled. “Good morning, Sooyun.” She said with her soft voice.

“What brings you here this early?” Mrs. Yun continued asked.

“Here,” she paused as she took out an envelope from her pocket and gave to Mrs. Yun.

“I see…” Mrs. Yun took the envelope. She looked at her student and said, “Is anything going well at home?”

She hesitated to answer it but she nodded it anyway, “Um…” Then she continued said, “Mrs. Yun, I think I should go now.”

Mrs. Yun saw the looked in Sooyun’s eyes. She knew that Sooyun was lying but she just stay silent as she saw how uncomfortable she is. “Yes, you should go to your class.”

“Thank you.” Sooyun forced a smile and bowed before she went out from the teacher room.

Mrs. Yun shook her head as she looked at the envelope that she held. She sighed a little. “Poor kids…” she mumbles.

Meanwhile, Woohyun who was also in the teacher room caught his eyes on her. “Isn’t that the famous Queen of Diamond?” he thought. He looked at Mrs. Yun and wondered. But he vanish all his thought. “Why did I even think about her?” he question himself.

Woohyun shook his head to regain his consciousness. After that he continued arranging the pile of exercise papers that he should take.

“Sungjong?” Bomi said as she saw he was spacing out.

Bomi voice had snapped Sungjong from his thought. He looked and saw Bomi was standing in front of him. “Yes?” he voice sound a bit nervous.

Bomi raised her eyebrow as she felt that he was acting a bit weird. She sat down on a chair in front of him and asked, “Did you do something wrong?”

Sungjong looked at her. “And why did you thought like that?” he answered her with a question.

“Hey, I’m asking you first!” Bomi childish protested.

“So?”

Bomi leaned back to her chair and cross both of her arms. “It’s not that I knew you for days, Sungjong. You can’t lie to me.” she shot him a glare.

“Bomi…” Sungjong said softly her name. He didn’t really want to talk about it.

Seeing he didn’t say anything, Bomi felt upset. “Find, I guess we are not that best friend, huh?” she said in rather harsh tone.

Sungjong sighed, “Okay, I’ll tell you. Geez, you don’t have to be upset.”

Bomi was still in her pose, silently looking at him without a smile.

“I’m sorry, okay?”

Bomi noticed the sincerity in his eyes so she nodded her head. “Okay…” she softly said.

Sungjong sighed again. He looked at the girl in front him and put on a smile. “You see… our financial state in critical problem now. Even though we worked still… it’s not enough.”

Bomi moved her body towards Sungjong, put her hand on the table and listened to what he was about to say next, in concern.

“So, I found this job and the payment was so high but I know Sooyun wouldn’t like it.” Sungjong confessed, sighed.

“Why would she not like it? I thought that Sooyun would be happy if the payment is high.” Bomi said as she was confused. She knows Sooyun for quite of time. She knows that Sooyun was called ‘Queen of Diamond’ for some reason. Is not like Sooyun love money but rather life on it. Sooyun was a type that cared about money. She dislike person that spend recklessly.

“Yes, she would be very happy on the payment but… the job…”

“And may I ask what kind the job is?” Bomi asked him.

Sungjong shook his head. Then he move his body closer toward her that only be separated by his table. “It’s a secret.” He softly said, only both of them could hear it.

Bomi pouted a little. Seeing Sungjong still didn’t want to tell her, she surrendered. She knows she couldn’t be childish to know what going on in their life even though they were best friends. She knows her limit. “I hope you will tell me later.” She said.

“Don’t worry I will.” Sungjong told her. “It’s just this is not the right time yet.” He continued.

“Hey guys!” Sooyun greeted both Sungjong and Bomi as she wrapped her arms around Sungjong’s neck, tightly.

“Oh hey… Sooyun.” Bomi said and smiled.

“Stop it, I’m choking~” Sungjong dramatically said as he trying to free from Sooyun’s arms.

 Sooyun and Bomi giggles. Then Sooyun asked then, “What are you guys talking?” still didn’t moving her arms away.

“Nothing… geez I’m choking here.” Sungjong said, trying hard to free from his twin sister.

“Teacher’s coming!”

“Neh…” Sooyun said and released her arms as their class was about to start.

Bomi smiled at the twin and turn around, facing forward.

Sungjong coughed dramatically and glared at his twin sister.

[A/N] Yes, I finally finished this chapter!! I know, I update it pretty late, but I have some issue to be deal with so, I didn’t even have mood to write. So, the first chapter was the introduction and I’m not good with introduction of the story. So, if it’s boring… I’m really sorry then. *bows*

To the people that subscribe my story, THANK YOU so much for reading this. I love you guys!! Please do SUBCRIBE. COMMENT. SUBCRIBE. COMMENT.