Chapter 03

She's The Murderer

She's The Murderer
-
Chapter Three

 

“Kang Daesung?”

Seungri looked at the guy in front of him as he raised an eyebrow. He wasn’t expecting him to look like this. Seungri thought that Daesung must’ve looked like a stalker, for he’d mentioned that he wanted to follow Choi Seunghyun, but taking a look at the guy in front of him, Seungri felt as if his thoughts were proven wrong. Daesung had his hair dyed blonde and he has this pair of smiling eyes, though he wasn’t in the mood to smile, he tried to put on a fake smile to show that he was feeling okay.

Daesung nodded as he looked at Seungri. “Nice to meet you, I’m Seungri. Detective Kwon is waiting for you.” Smiling, Seungri led Daesung to Jiyong’s desk. 

“Ah, you must be Daesung. I’m Kwon Jiyong.” Daesung blinked as he looked at Jiyong. He’d expected someone older, and not someone like Jiyong. As if being able to sense him, Jiyong chuckled. “I guess I looked way too young to be a detective right? I know, I received comments regarding my age all the time.”

Smiling sheepishly, Daesung nodded and took a seat beside Seungri. There was a moment of awkward silence before Jiyong cleared his throat.

“So.. let’s start. Tell me about yourself first.”

Through Daesung’s story, Jiyong and Seungri had learnt that Daesung had been dating Kim Hana since high school, and the both of them rarely had major fights. Sure, they do squabble here and there, but that was it. In other words, the both of them were happy together. However, a few days before Hana went to Jeju island, she came crying to him and said that he’d betrayed her. Daesung was shocked and didn’t know what to do, for he’d did nothing like what she’d said. He tried explaining to Hana, but Hana wouldn’t let him. They broke off on the spot then and there, and the next thing Daesung knew, she was going to Jeju island with Choi Seunghyun.

“Wait,” Jiyong took flipped to his page of questions and asked, “Who is Choi Seunghyun to Kim Hana?” He signaled for Seungri to take note of whatever Daesung was going to say next.

“Choi Seunghyun knew Hana since they were young, and they could be considered bestfriends. The both of them were so close that there would be times where others had mistaken him as Hana’s boyfriend. There would be times where Hana would rather talk to him instead of telling me, so I guess he’s someone very important to Hana. But… I don’t know. The way Choi Seunghyun look at me, it’s scary. And I don’t like that guy, he seems too possessive over Hana.”

Jiyong looked at Seungri and Seungri nodded as he continued scribbling down. 

“And Hana said that you betrayed her? Did she show you any evidence?”

“Hana said there were photos of me and this girl and she showed me a few of them but she was holding on to them and going too fast that I didn’t have a good look at them. But that was it. I didn’t even have the time to explain myself to her. And she’s gone, just like that.” Daesung sighed as he recalled the sad memory of them.

As he continued with his story, he’d told Jiyong how Hana had died in the car crash, yet Daesung felt that there was something different about Hana’s body when he accidentally touched her. However, no one was allowed to touch her body again. Not only that, Choi Seunghyun’s wounds recovered at an extremely fast pace, and he was now living his routine as if nothing had happened, which was something surprising.

“… He’s her best friend, yet he’s not mourning over her death. And when she died beside him! Don’t you find it suspicious?”

 Nodding absentmindedly, Jiyong turned his chair and faced the window. This is something different from the previous cases.

“Daesung, why do you think Choi Seunghyun will kill his best friend?”

Daesung felt lost for a moment. He didn’t know why too, but he just had this feeling that Choi Seunghyun did it. He couldn’t understand the reason too, but he trusted himself for thinking that way.

“I-I’ve no idea, but I find everything weird.”

✂···✂···✂···✂···✂···✂···✂···

“Your stuffs are here Miss Park.” Bom nodded as she let her maids take care of her office and her clothing for the day. Sighing, she started to have a mini debate with herself on whether she should find Jiyong for lunch. After debating for an hour, she decided that she should find Jiyong.

Looking at her own reflection, Bom put on her best smile and walked out of her office towards Jiyong’s studio. It’s been some time since she’d last saw him, and she was afraid that if she didn’t meet him sooner, she might feel awkward seeing him.

Bump.

“Ah, I’m sorry I’m sorry.” Bom apologized as she rearranged herself before taking a look at the person in front of her. She almost showed her emotions out, but somehow she managed to contain them inside.

“Ah I’m sorry too.” The guy apologized as he rushed out of the studio, not bothering to take a second glance at Bom. Bom took in a deep breath before walking into Jiyong’s studio.

He must’ve found out something. Pushing away the thought, Bom pasted her smile back on her face.

“Jiyong-ah!” Bom skipped towards his desk the moment she entered. “Hello Seungri.” Bom giggled as she saw Jiyong’s priceless expression when he saw her walking towards him.

“YAH! Must you be so shocked?” Bom favourite guy as she walked over and gave him a hug.

“Aww noona, I’m jealous. Why don’t I have a hug?” Seungri pouted as he looked at the two in front of him, causing Bom to giggle again.

“Yah Seungri, I’m gonna tell Chaerin about it!” Bom stuck out her tongue at Seungri as she threatened to tell his girlfriend, to which Seungri started shaking his head and pleading her not to.

“Bom-yang, why’re you here? You gave me a shock!” Jiyong slung his arm around Bom’s shoulder and pulled her close to him, causing Bom to blush a little.

“Let’s have lunch together! Seungri can join us too! And ask Chaerin along! It’s been a long time since we had lunch together~~” Clapping her hands, Bom tried to keep herself calm and ignore the fact that Jiyong’s arm is still around her.

Breathe Bom, Breathe.