Chapter 01

She's The Murderer

She's The Murderer
-
Chapter One

"Hyung, we’ve a new case” Nodding his head, Kwon Jiyong turned his chair around and faced his assistant, Lee Seung Hyun. He’s Kwon Jiyong, and he has been a detective for five years already. Though he was considered young in his field, Jiyong is actually one of the best detectives around. His studio wasn’t as grand nor was it as big as the others, but what matters most to Jiyong is the quality and not the quantity. Jiyong is known for his good services and brains, and others don’t mind his small studio.  

“Shoot.” Lee Seunghyun, also known as Seungri, fumbled through the stack of papers and took one particular piece out. Seungri is a year younger thn Jiyong and has been following Jiyong for three years already. He idolized Jiyong and felt that Jiyong is the best detective around. Because of this, Seungri works hard in his job and aims to be like Jiyong.

Placing the paper on the table, Seungri pointed to the photo that was clipped to it as he took a seat in front of Jiyong. “Kim Hana. She was supposingly killed in a car crash 3 months ago, but her boyfriend, Kang Daesung, felt that there’s more to the story.”

 Adjusting his lensless spectacles, Jiyong nodded and motioned Seungri to continue. “Kang Daesung suspects that his girlfriend was murdered by her best friend.” Messing through the stack of papers again, Seungri found what he wanted to and pulled it out.

“Kim Hana’s best friend, Choi Seunghyun” Jiyong raised his eyebrow as he took a look at the photo of Seunghyun. He looked stylish and charming, and doesn’t appear as though he would be a murderer.

“Seungri-ya, he has the same name as you.” Jiyong chuckled as he stared at the photo before continuing with his teasing. “But the both of you are worlds’ apart!”

“Hyung~” Jiyong laughed before clearing his throat as a signal for them to get back to business. Seungri pouted as he took out a folder and passed it to Jiyong, clearly upset by Jiyong’s teasing. Seungri admitted that he doesn’t look as charming as Choi Seunghyun, but he doesn’t look that bad. In fact, Seungri felt that he’s quite good looking and does have his own charms.

“You can go home now Ri, it’s 5. But before you leave, can you make an appointment with Mr Kang Daesung? I think we need to meet him and hear his reasonings.” Seungri nodded as he walked to his desk.

Opening the folder, Jiyong took another good look at Choi Seunghyun. He looks familiar, where have I seen him before? Jiyong thought of all the possible places but he just could not figure it out. Frowning, he flipped the page as he read the case details which Seungri had taken the time to type out.  

Case Number: 000171-55J-2010
Date Reported: 07/07/2010
Time Reported: 11:32 AM
Reporting Officer’s Narrative: (Brief narrative of the story)
Kim Hana, age 22, was found dead in a car crash in March 2010 when on a vacation with Choi Seunghyum, her friend since young. They were at Jeju Island for a short vacation since Hana was feeling heartbroken as she had just broken up with her boyfriend, Kang Daesung.
However, on the day when Kim Hana was to be buried, Choi Seunghyun did not attend the ceremony. Not only that, he did not shed a single tear during the whole funeral for Hana. Kang Daesung felt this very suspicious and wanted to follow Choi Seunghyun, for he felt that Hana’s death has a lot of loop holes. However, Daesung could not possibly investigate on his own, so he decided to call us to find out about this.

“Seungri-ya!” Jiyong shouted as he continued reading. There are too many loop holes in this report. There must’ve been a reason to why Daesung suspected Choi Seunghyun. A reason to why Hana and Daesung broke up in the first place. A reason to why Choi Seunghyun survived the car crash yet Kang Daesung suspects him for murder. A reason..

Seungri-ya!” Jiyong looked up when Seungri still haven’t reply him. It was then he realized that Seungri had already left the studio, and he had written the details for the appointment with Kang Daesung on a post it and had stuck it on his table.

“I must’ve been too engrossed again.” Muttering under his breath, Jiyong scribbled down the appointment details in his diary before packing up his stuffs.

✂···✂···✂···✂···✂···✂···✂···

“Hello?” She tried to calm herself down as she answered the call from her favourite guy, reminding herself that she wasn’t good enough for him.

“Hello Park Bom-yang, have you ended work? Shall we grab dinner before I send you home?”

“Mmm..” Though she was screaming OKAY OKAY inside, Park Bom was still hesitating. She couldn’t help but think of..

“Don’t worry we’ll reach home before 9. You’ll be able to catch your show” She could hear him chuckling on the other line. If you knew the reason why I’ve to reach home so early.. She bit her lips as she stopped herself from tearing. Trying to sound cheerful, she decided to decline his offer before hanging up the phone.

Not today. Sighing she pulled out a particular folder and stared at it. I’m a beast. I’m not suitable to date anyone, especially him. Picking up her office phone, Bom dialed the number for her chafferer.

“Hello ahjussi? Mmm.. Mmm.. I’m not going home tonight. Can you lock the office for me and bring me a new set of clothes tomorrow morning? Mmm.. Mmm.. Thanks ahjussi, bye.”